Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

05: If I Wanted You, You’d Know

“I love you” Iker announced as he padded into Olivia’s apartment, the widest grin perched on his face. It had been a wonderful night, he had enjoyed spending it with Isobel, and he knew he owed a lot to Olivia. Without her, chances were he would have never stumbled across the blonde and now that he had, he could see a lot with her, more than he had with anyone else.

“Why?” Olivia mumbled, yawning slightly. It was early, too early for her to be awake and dealing with Iker, but she knew she couldn’t turn him away. He had a key to her apartment and would have used it if she hadn’t have opened the door.

“Because you set me up with Isobel” Iker replied, a grin on his face.

Olivia sighed. “Look, I am thrilled that it worked out for you, but it is 7:30 Iker and I was up til one in the morning typing up my assessment of the La Liga season. Do you think we can save the fawning until I have at least had a cup of coffee?” she mumbled.

Iker frowned. “I have never seen you so grumpy before” he commented.

“You have never seen me working on 5 and a half hours sleep before” Olivia replied, a small yawn punctuating her sentence.

Iker sighed and threw his arm around her shoulder, steering her into the kitchen where he proceeded to pour her a warm cup of coffee. “Drink” he instructed, placing the cup in her hands.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “What else was I going to do with it?” she mumbled.

“I don’t know, but I am itching to tell you about my date and you were grumpy, so get the caffeine into your system” Iker replied, gently nudging the cup.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You’re 34 years old. Why are you acting like a 13 year old boy?” she mumbled, sipping gratefully at the warm drink.

“Because last night was amazing” Iker replied “Isobel is so nice” he added.

“I told you she was” Olivia mused “Did you think I made that up?” she posed, leaning against the countertop.

“It wouldn’t be the first time” Iker noted with a little smile “Do I have to remind you what you told me about your brother before I met him?” he teased.

“I told you that he loved the idea of meeting you. Turns out, Daniel has never been more disgusted by an idea in his life and he broke your nose in two places because he thought you were trying to get into my pants” Olivia commented with a smirk “I remember” she added.

“I spent 4 hours in the emergency room. Excuse me for being a little wary about you letting me meet people” Iker smiled.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “Setting you up with Isobel was nothing like letting you meet Daniel” she scoffed “So why don’t you just tell me about that?” she posed.

Iker nodded. “It was a nice night. I took her to dinner and we had a nice conversation. She was a little curious about you and me, but I think I handled it well enough” he noted.

Olivia frowned slightly. Isobel hadn’t asked her a thing about her and Iker before the date and it made her a little worried. She thought she had made it clear that Iker was just a friend. “What did she ask about?” she posed.

Iker, who had been pouring his own coffee, looked up. “Huh?” he poked.

“Isobel. What did she ask you about us?” Olivia asked gently.

“She asked if we had ever done anything, you know, sexual” he admitted sheepishly “I told her about ‘the night’ back in 2012” he added.

“We don’t tell anyone about ‘the night’” Olivia murmured.

“Well, we do if we are asked by people we are trying to date” Iker replied “Besides, we only made out a little bit” he added.

“We made out for an hour Iker and I was mostly undressed. If it hadn’t been for the fact you forgot protection then…”

“That did happen though and aren’t we glad it did?” Iker interjected, a slightly awkward look on his face.

Olivia nodded. “Of course I am, but I am a little curious about Isobel asking about it. She never asked me if we did anything” she commented thoughtfully.

Iker shrugged. “She’s probably just testing the waters. No one wants to date a guy who’s going to ditch her the second he gets up the guts to tell his best friend how he feels” he explained.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You’d never tell me you had romantic feelings for me” she teased “It would be the last thing you said to me before you died” she added, a smirk on her face.

Iker scoffed. “Trust me, if I loved you, I wouldn’t beat around the bush. I would grab you by the waist and kiss you in a way that left you breathless and one hundred percent certain that we were in a relationship” he boasted.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You’d never do that. You’d be too scared that I would slap you in the face, which I totally would if you did that” she noted. It wasn’t the first time they had discussed it, be it between themselves or with their other friends, they had always made it clear that there was nothing between them more than their friendship, something which they both valued above the odd urge that they had experienced.

“Trust me, if I wanted you, you’d know it” Iker teased.

“You’d best not let Isobel hear that” Olivia replied “She’ll think I am trying to steal you away from her” she added, a small laugh falling out of her mouth.

Iker shook his head. “If she thinks that, then she’s an idiot” he mused “You’re my best friend Oli and I am not going to let whatever happens with me Isobel change that” he added, pulling her into a hug. Olivia responded and wrapped her arms tightly around him. “You promise me that right?” she mumbled. She felt a little stupid, Iker had had girlfriends before, but part of her felt a little different about Isobel. She didn’t know why, the blonde girl had always appeared sweet when Olivia had spoken to her, but part of her was a little worried. No one ever bothered to ask about her and Iker and if they had ever blurred the lines between friendship and sex.

Iker chuckled. “Of course I do” he noted as though it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“Good” Olivia mumbled, hugging him that little bit tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comments :)