Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

51: Happy

“So?” Callie posed as she watched the brunette pad out of her hotel room’s bathroom, three small white pregnancy tests clutched in her sweating hand. She was scared, part of her had always thought that she and Iker would take a little more time before they started the family they both wanted, but a little part of her was excited at the prospect, even if she was largely terrified, part of her kind of wanted the tests to be positive.

“We’ve got to wait a couple of minutes” Olivia noted, setting the tests down on the side.

Callie nodded. “Bet that feels like ages to you” she quipped, trying to lighten the mood a fraction.

Olivia nodded. “It does, but it’s alright. I know nothing has to be decided upon right now” she mused, gently resting back into the couch. It was a scary thought, the idea of being pregnant, but she was reassured that nothing had to be decided in that moment. She had time, even if it was just a few days before she told Iker, and that had calmed her down somewhat. Pregnant or not, nothing was going to change overnight.

“Have you given any thought to how you’d feel if you were…you know?” Callie posed, her head nodding towards Olivia’s stomach.

Olivia nodded. “It’s something I want, a family with Iker, but I guess it would be kind of scary you know? I thought we’d have more time to be just us. I envisaged more lazy mornings where all we did was kiss and cuddle. More vacations where the main focus wasn’t keeping baby out of the sun or building sandcastles. I love Iker, I want to have a life with him and I know that, but still part of me worries that it is fast. I want a baby, but I don’t quite know if now is the right time” she explained gently.

Callie nodded her head. “That makes sense” she commented gently “The pair of you do have 5 years of lazy mornings and vacations to make up for, but if I was to give you my opinion, I think you and Iker would make spectacular parents” she enthused gently.

Olivia bit her lip lightly. “You really think so?” she murmured.

“Of course” Callie grinned “Iker’s designed to be the careful parent, thoughtful, supportive, and protective. He would never let harm come to you or to baby. And then there is you. Liv, you’re the sweetest, most loving person I have ever met and I can only imagine how much more you could off to your child. You two may have taken a while to get there, but you’re in the happiest and most stable relationship I know and any child would be lucky to be welcomed into your lives” she enthused happily.

“Cal” Olivia whimpered, gently wiping her eyes “Thank you” she noted.

Callie waved her hand and moved to check the time on her phone, indicating that the time for the tests had passed. “You want me to look?” she posed.

Olivia shook her head and padded towards the side, collecting the tests before she peered down at her, a lump quickly forming in her throat. “Liv?” Callie poked “What do they say?” she added.

Olivia blinked slightly before she turned to face her friend. “They say you need to start planning me a baby shower” she commented, a small awed laugh falling out of her mouth.

Callie’s eyes widened. “You…You’re…”

“I’m pregnant” Olivia breathed, a little smile on her face.

Callie giggled. “You don’t seem half as freaked as I was expecting” she grinned, padding towards the brunette.

Olivia shrugged. “I guess I am not freaked” she breathed “A little bit, I mean, I am going to have a bump and everything, and I have to go through labour…but I think I am kind of excited” she explained a little haphazardly.

Callie shook her head. “You don’t have to know how you feel right now” she noted “All that matters is we know now and you can start thinking about what adorable way you want to inform your super-cute fiancé about his little baby” she giggled, wrapping her arms around the brunette who hugged her back gently.

“I’m not going to do it before the game tomorrow” she noted “He’d focus on that and I don’t want him distracted” she added.

“Liv, tell him when you want to tell him, but don’t leave too long. He’ll think you’re hiding it from him” Callie noted.

Olivia nodded. “If I could tell him right now, I would” she giggled “I can imagine the look on his face” she enthused gently.

Callie smiled and pressed a kiss to Olivia’s cheek. “Congrats, Liv” she mused, grinning at her best friend.

Olivia giggled gently. She didn’t quite know how else to respond.

“Livy?” Callie teased “You OK?” she added.

Olivia nodded. “It’s just odd” she noted gently “A year ago, I gave Iker the phone number of another girl and yet here we are. I’m engaged, pregnant and I don’t feel the slightest bit frightened, just a little…upset” she noted.

“Upset?” Callie pressed.

“All these things are fantastic, I love Iker, I really do and the idea that I am going to give him a baby thrills me, but a little part of me is upset. My madre and my papa aren’t going to see this, they’re not going to see all the things that are going right for me and that is upsetting, even if my overwhelming emotion right now is happiness. The back of my mind is thinking that my mama would have loved knitting for baby or that my papa would have loved to buy Iker a drink” she commented.

Callie sighed gently and wrapped her arms around her friend, hugging her gently. “Livy, I know that it sucks, I know your parents would have loved this, but you have to think of baby now, and of Iker and his face. Liv, this is the best thing that could happen to you right now and I don’t want you to spoil it OK? Your parents wouldn’t have wanted you to mope on such a happy day” she explained.

Olivia hugged her tightly and nodded, knowing that, at least in part, Callie was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)