Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

53: For What?

Staring at the small white stick which sat in his hands, Iker sighed a little, wondering just how long Olivia had known for. He was a little angry, part of him had thought that she would tell him right away if she even suspected that she was pregnant, but mostly he was shocked. They’d always been careful, Iker didn’t want to put too much on Olivia too soon, and he couldn’t quite wrap his head around the notion of her being pregnant. It had been a quick year, Iker couldn’t quite believe that he and Olivia had been dating for nearly 12 months, but he was a little more amazed that they were engaged and quite possibly expecting their first child. Swallowing, he stowed the test in the pocket of his trousers, and made his way towards the door, almost sprinting up the corridor towards Callie’s room where he proceeded to knock on the door until Callie appeared.

“Iker?” she posed gently “What are you doing here?” she added.

“Where’s Oli?” Iker posed.

Callie frowned. “She isn’t with you?” she replied.

“No” Iker breathed “We had a bit of a fight and she said she was coming to see you. Have you seen her at all?” he posed.

Callie shook her head. “No, I’m sorry. She’s not been by here” she explained.

Iker sighed. “Do you have any idea where she might have gone?” he noted gently “I kind of need to talk to her urgently” he added.

Callie shrugged. “I don’t know of anywhere” she explained gently “But if you want, I can help you look” she suggested.

Iker shook his head. “I don’t want to ruin your night” he smiled, noting Jacob who stood behind his girlfriend “I’m sure she couldn’t have gotten far and I’ll find her soon enough. Thanks Callie” he noted politely before he turned on his heel, making a beeline for the elevator. He knew she was mad at him, the yelling and the slamming of the door had made that abundantly clear, but disappearing wasn’t like her, especially when it came to him. It was an unwritten rule, one he and Olivia had had since the start of their friendship, that they told each other where they were going or when they made it home. It was mostly a measure to ensure that Iker didn’t worry, but still he hated it when he didn’t quite know where Olivia was. He worried about her. Stepping into the elevator, he pressed the button to head towards the lobby and sighed, regretting that he had yelled at her.

~#~
Pulling her jacket around her figure, Olivia sighed, resting her head against the plant pot she had found to rest against. She felt bad, storming out on Iker probably hadn’t been the best thing to do, but she was irked with him. She understood that he was upset, things hadn’t gone like he had hoped that was going to be tough for him to swallow, but Olivia wasn’t going to let him take it out on her. It wasn’t her fault that Spain had failed to score. It wasn’t her fault that Sergio had missed his penalty and it wasn’t her fault that Robben had scored. Shaking her head, she squeezed her blue eyes shut for a moment before she noted the figure who stood ahead of her, his dark eyes peeking down at her.

“If you’re here to yell at me again, you can walk away now” she mumbled, her blue eyes fixed on her shoes.

“I’m not” Iker replied gently, moving to sit on the grass beside her “I’m here to say sorry for being an ass” he commented.

“You were a giant one” Olivia muttered.

“I know” Iker sighed “And I hate that I acted like that towards you. It isn’t you fault, things were just bad in that moment, and I am so sorry, Oli. I should never have yelled and I most certainly hate that I accused you of being a bad fiancée. Oli, you’re the best thing I have and I should never have said a word that suggested otherwise. I love you, Oli” he murmured, his hand lightly brushing over hers.

Olivia shook her head. “Iker, this can’t happen again” she muttered, her fingers gently playing with his “I am not going to stand around and let you behave like that every time something doesn’t go your way. I need you to promise me that” she whispered.

“I promise, Oli” Iker replied firmly “I don’t want to fight like that again nor do I want you running off. You have no idea how worried I got when I figured out that you weren’t with Callie” he noted.

“I wanted to be on my own” she murmured “I’m sorry” she added, glancing up at him momentarily.

Iker shook his head. “You’re safe, that’s all that matters” he mumbled, scooting closer to her “Besides, I think we have something a little bit more important to talk about” he noted, setting his hand against her waist as she moved to rest her head on his shoulder.

“What are you talking about?” Olivia mused.

Iker chuckled and moved to pull the test out of his pocket, gently placing it in her hand. “How about we talk about that?” he suggested, making Olivia peek up at him, her blue eyes wide. “You found that?” she squeaked.

“It was sticking out of the couch and it was sticking into my side. It is yours right?” he posed.

“Well, yes, it is” Olivia spluttered “But I was kind of hoping I would get to tell you in a cuter way than this” she noted.

“Are we having a baby, Oli?” Iker posed cheerfully.

Olivia stared down at their feet. “What would you say if we were?” she murmured shyly.

“I’d say I was thrilled” Iker noted “And that I couldn’t wait to see you carrying around my bump” he cooed gently.

Olivia blushed. “I don’t think a bump is very me” she commented gently.

Iker chuckled gently. “I think it is very you” he noted gently “And I cannot wait to see it, Oli. You’re going to be the most beautiful pregnant woman” he enthused softly.

Olivia shook her head. “I highly doubt that” she commented.

Iker chuckled gently and placed a kiss on her cheek before he ducked his head, gently pushing the shirt she wore up a little so that he could see the pale skin of her stomach. “Iker” Olivia murmured “There are people” she added, gesturing to the guests who padded up and down the nearby path.

Iker shrugged. “No one is watching us right now” he commented “And that means I can do this” he smiled before he placed a tender kiss against her stomach, earning a shrill laugh from her. “Gracias, Oli” he murmured.

“For what?” Olivia poked, pushing his head away.

“For putting up with me” he replied “For taking me like I am and not giving up on me. I love you, Olivia” he murmured.

Olivia shook her head. “Don’t call me Olivia, when you say it, it sounds weird when you say it” she mused.

Iker chuckled and placed another kiss on her cheek, grateful that she hadn’t yet given up on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to lokis210, FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)