Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

54: Behave Yourself

Stretching her legs a little, Olivia turned onto her side, a small smile gracing her face as she spotted Iker beside her, his small snores filling the air. It had been a while, Olivia had missed having him to herself, but with the tournament having reached a conclusion for Spain, Iker had nowhere else to be, something which pleased Olivia. Things were still a little tense between them, Olivia wasn’t entirely over the way he had spoken to her, but still she was pleased to have him around, even if he was a little clingy, Olivia just liked spending time with him. Yawning a little, she moved to snuggle into her pillow once more, only to pause as Iker’s hand moved to her stomach, gently brushing the skin that had been exposed by her pajama shirt which had become a little scrunched up in the night. Olivia flinched a little, noting that his hand was a little cold against her skin, but she didn’t push him back. Part of her found his obsession with her non-existent bump adorable.

“When are you going to go to a doctor?” Iker murmured gently, his dark eyes peeking down at her stomach.

Olivia shrugged. “It should probably be soon” she noted gently “I mean, I’m pretty confident that everything is OK, but I would like to know for sure. When do you fly home?” she posed, stifling a small yawn.

“This afternoon” Iker replied “Which sucks because you’re still going to be here” he added.

“Only for another week” she noted “I can’t just leave because you are” she added, offering him a gentle smile.

“I know” Iker noted “But still, a whole seven days without you seems excessive. What will I do with myself?” he posed, a teasing grin on his face.

“I’m sure you’ll find something, Iker” Olivia commented.

“I am sure I will too, but it doesn’t mean I won’t miss you” he mumbled, leaning his forehead on hers.

“I’ll miss you too” Olivia replied “But you refused to stay. I did offer” she noted.

“I don’t really want to watch another team win the trophy” Iker mumbled “Even if it does mean leaving you behind for a little while, I can’t be here for it” he explained, his fingers gently skirting up her side, drawing small goosebumps out of the skin that made him grin. He loved that he could still have such a reaction on her. Olivia nodded her head in agreement before moved her hand into his hair, shifting him a little closer. “I love your smile” she muttered, gently nudging her nose against his.

“I love your eyes” Iker replied.

“I love that you grow your beard out sometimes” She mused “And then I love your face without it” she added.

“I love that you still get goosebumps when I touch you” Iker teased.

Olivia wrinkled her nose. “When did we become one of those cutesy couples?” she mused “You know, the ones that fawn over each other constantly and can’t seem to survive alone” she added.

Iker shrugged. “I don’t know” he replied “But I know I like us the way we are” he added, kissing the corner of her lips.

Olivia giggled. “I like us too” she murmured “But it is going to make the next week a little tougher than it used to be” she noted.

“Then come home with me” Iker suggested.

“You know I can’t do that” Olivia commented as she rolled away from their embrace, moving to collect her things for a shower.

“You could” Iker noted.

“And you could stay here, but you won’t, so we’re probably going to have to deal with that fact we’re going to be apart for a few days” she noted.

“I don’t like that idea” Iker commented, stretching his arms a little.

Olivia shook her head. “You don’t have a choice, amor” she commented “I have to cover the conclusion of the tournament and you’re intent on going home. There’s not changing either of those things” she noted, gently letting her hair out of the ponytail she had worn it in for bed. Iker watched the dark hair fan around her shoulders and shook his head, wordlessly noting that she was not going to get into the shower without a fight. Listening to her ramble on about his decision to leave, he scooted towards the end of the bed and proceeded to place his arms around her waist, causing her to squeak mid-sentence. “What are you doing?” she noted, the smile almost audible in her words.

“I am saying goodbye” Iker noted “Now, I don’t know about you, but when I imagine saying goodbye, I don’t imagine you wearing many clothes” he grinned, pressing a little kiss to the side of her neck. Olivia flushed and moved to drop the clothes she had gathered in her hands, something which made Iker grin. He liked that they were so often on the same page.

~#~
“Promise me you won’t do anything stupid” Olivia mumbled as she stood in the hotel lobby, her hands lightly fixing the collar of the team polo shirt that Iker wore.

“Oli, we’re going to be apart for 7 days, what can I realistically do?” Iker teased.

“Iker, seriously” Olivia mumbled “Just promise me” she added.

“Oli, I will behave myself. I intend on a quiet week with perhaps a couple of nights out with the team. I will be on my best behavior” he noted, marking a small cross over his chest.

Olivia sighed. “Call me when you get home” she mumbled, moving to pull him into a hug.

“Of course” he murmured “Look after yourself and bump” he added, keeping his voice low enough for just Olivia to hear.

“I will do” she smiled.

“I’ll miss you” he whispered gently, pecking the side of her head.

“And I will miss you” Olivia smiled “But it’s only seven days” she added, trying to make it sound better than it was.

Iker nodded his head and pressed a kiss to her lips before Sergio appeared, tugging Iker’s sleeve gently to signal that they were due to leave. Olivia pulled away from him and watched him go, silently hoping that their week apart would be uneventful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)