Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

57: When All Is Said & Done

Sitting down to breakfast, Olivia sighed lightly, her head aching a little. The previous day had been a tough one, after spending the morning with Callie and the others, she had spent the rest of the day and most of the night typing up her latest articles, even going to extent of hiding her phone to ensure that she got them done. She was sick of being away, as nice as her time in France had been, she was a little desperate to go home and she knew that finishing her work was the key to it. She missed Iker and had plans to surprise him by making it home a few days early. Rubbing her temple, she moved to pour herself a cup of tea before she noted a couple of women who sat a little away from her, muttering and casting odd looks towards her. Frowning, she opted to ignore them before she spotted Callie padding towards her, a rather somber expression on her face. “Cal?” Olivia posed “Have I done something wrong?” she added, still noticing that the two women were peeking at her.

Callie shook her head. “It isn’t you” she murmured gently.

“Then why do those women keep looking at me all funny?” Olivia posed, a quirked smile on her face.

Callie sighed. “Just remember I’m here Ok?” she murmured.

Olivia frowned. “Cal, you’re scaring me” she noted.

Callie offered her a timid smile before she set her tablet on the table, bringing up onto a screen and image that made Olivia’s stomach drop. “What is this?” she whispered softly.

“It was posted last night” Callie explained gently “Iker…”

“Cheated” Olivia squeaked, her voice nothing more than a shaky whisper.

“Oli…”

Olivia shook her head. “No” she murmured “I don’t want you making excuses for him” she muttered before she pushed her seat back, speeding from the room with tears in her eyes. Callie shook her head gently and moved to follow her, wishing there was something she could do.

~#~
Wrinkling his nose a little, Iker opened his dark eyes, scanning the strange room with a pull in his stomach. He knew that it had been wrong, what he had done to Olivia was easily the worst thing he’d ever done, and he would have given anything to take it back. Playing tit for tat wasn’t the way their relationship should have worked. Sighing, he noticed that Delilah had abandoned her side of the bed, before he caught sound of his mobile, something which made his breathing catch. Scrambling over the bed, he quickly found his jacket and felt his stomach flip as he spotted Olivia’s name on the screen. “Oli, mi amor”

“Don’t call me that” Olivia’s sharp voice replied “What the hell, Iker?” she snapped.

Iker sighed. “You know” he murmured.

Olivia scoffed. “You think?” she snapped.

“Oli, I swear….”

“That you didn’t mean for it to happen? Bullshit” Olivia hissed, allowing Iker for the first time to hear traces of a sob in her voice, a sound which shattered his already breaking heart “How could you do that? What did I do to make you think that that was a good idea?” she ranted, her voice trembling and shaking.

“I…I thought you were….there were pictures of you and this guy….Olivia it was stupid” he stammered, his voice shaking.

“What pictures? What guy?” she yelled.

“I don’t know who he is. He’s a blonde guy, you were in a park…”

“Juan” Olivia interjected “That guy was a creep. Jacob had invited him out with us because Callie was trying to get my mind off you. I have no interest in Juan, none whatsoever, and I cannot believe that you think I would” she was yelling again, but still Iker could hear the crying. Still he knew she was crying over him. “Iker, I loved you” she added.

“Loved?” Iker whispered.

“I’ve seen the picture, Iker, of you and the blonde bimbo in the bar. I know that it didn’t stop there, I know you” she noted, her voice biting, yet at the same time regretful. “I can’t love a man that does that to me Iker, especially one who knows me like you do” she whispered.

“Olivia, it was stupid…”

“More than stupid, Iker” Olivia quipped “It was the single worst thing you have ever done. You could have called me, you could have asked about Juan, but no. What you did was decide that you needed to get even. You didn’t entertain the notion that I was innocent, did you? You didn’t think for a second that you could be wrong and that you could have read the pictures wrong. You thought I was guilty and you decided to get even, and that it what makes me so sure that I can’t forgive you. I could have gotten over the sex, Iker, I could have forgiven that, but the idea that you were so petty? That you didn’t give me a chance to explain something which is innocent? Iker that is not you, that is not the man I loved and that makes me so sure that this has run its course” she whispered, the sobbing and crying more prominent in her voice.

“Oli” Iker protested “Mi querida, I am so sorry. I wasn’t being rational, I wasn’t thinking right…”

“I don’t believe that” she whispered “I think you knew what you were doing and I hate that. That’s not my Iker, that’s someone else and I can’t be with that man. I will send the engagement ring in the mail, but don’t try and find me. I don’t want to see your face again” she whispered.

“Olivia, we have a baby to think about” Iker protested “We have a life that is waiting for us, please, don’t let us go” he pleaded.

Olivia sighed shakily into the phone. “I have to” she whispered “I can’t be with a man who plays games like that. I can’t pretend that it is Ok. I’m sorry” she whispered gently before the phone went dead.

“Olivia” Iker squeaked into the phone “Olivia, please” he whimpered before he set it down, falling back onto the bed with an audible thump. He’d lost her, he’d known it from the moment that he had picked up the phone, but still he couldn’t quite fathom it. Chances were that the best thing in his life had just walked away and there was little he could to stop her or bring her back.

Olivia was probably gone for good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234, Yaninkin9 & babygurl94512 for the comments :)

This is the final chapter of 'Run Away With My Heart' but there is a sequel entitled 'Hear Your Heart' which should have the first chapter up in a little while :)