Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

06: Better Off Without You

“Iker, please tell me that you are kidding” Olivia mumbled as she padded into her living room, her blue eyes landing on the keeper who stood ahead of her, a neatly pressed shirt and tie on. It had been a few weeks since Olivia had set Iker up with Isobel, and thus far things appeared to be going well for the pair. Iker was smitten, he had been since the first date he had had with the blonde girl, and Olivia was pleased for him. If anyone deserved someone nice, then it was her best friend and she was happy for him, even if all he did was talk about Isobel, it was something Olivia was growing used to.

“I am not” Iker replied “Isobel wants to take you out to dinner and I agreed. We both want to thank you” he added.

“And it has to be tonight?” she posed.

Iker nodded. “Why? Are you busy?” he added, a teasing smile on his face.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You know that I am not” she mumbled.

“Then you are free to come to dinner. Please Oli, Isobel really wants to thank you for what you did for us and I do too. Please, I will even pay” Iker pleaded, his hands resting on the brunette’s shoulders. He knew that it wasn’t a big deal, he and Isobel had only been dating for a few weeks, but already he felt at home with her, something he hadn’t felt since Olivia had walked into his life. Isobel was sweet, she was funny and could make him smile like no one else, and he knew that he owed Olivia for it. He was pretty sure he was falling for the blonde and he couldn’t thank Olivia enough for it. She had set him up with someone he could see sharing his life with.

“I really don’t want to be a third wheel on a date between you and Isobel, Iker” Olivia protested softly “I am glad that things are working for you, I really am, but I don’t see why I need to go to dinner with you” she mumbled.

“Because we want to thank you” Iker noted “Please, Oli” he added.

Olivia sighed. “Do I need to put on a dress?” she mumbled.

Iker smiled. “It would be advisable” he enthused.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “Fine. I will go and get dressed and then we will go, but you’re repaying me for this senor” she noted, poking his chest.

“I will get you whatever you want” Iker enthused gently.

Olivia nodded before she turned on her heel, padding back towards her bedroom in order to get dressed.

~#~
“Olivia” Isobel noted, the widest smile she could muster fixed on her face. She didn’t like it, Iker still talked far too much about his best friend for Isobel to be comfortable around him, but she was already working to get rid of the other girl. She knew Olivia, if she thought it was in someone’s best interest to step aside, then she would, and Isobel was going to convince her that it was the best thing for Iker. They were too close, too dependent on one another and Isobel wanted rid of the other girl in Iker’s life. From where she sat, it was only a matter of time before they had another ‘almost’ moment and she wasn’t going to stand for it. Now she had her claws in Iker, it was going to take a lot to make her let him go.

“Isobel” Olivia replied “You’re looking wonderful, but you always do. You put me to shame” she teased.

Isobel offered her a light smile before she stepped up to Iker, greeting him with a kiss that was aimed purely at Olivia who didn’t seem in the slightest bit fazed. It wasn’t like it was the first time she had seen a girl kiss Iker. Isobel frowned slightly at the expression on Olivia’s face before she pulled away from the keeper, padding back to her seat.

“We’re glad that you could join us, Oli” Iker smiled gently, helping the brunette into her seat “We wanted the chance to say thank you for setting us up” he added, taking Isobel’s hand.

Olivia shrugged. “I am just glad I could help” she noted “The pair of you look very happy and I am glad that I could do a little something to help you both out. You’re very cute together” she explained.

Iker smiled at her fondly, something which distracted him from the eye roll that Isobel offered. She couldn’t see why he kept the brunette around.

~#~
“I will be back in a second” Iker noted as he pushed his chair back, pressing a little kiss to Isobel’s cheek. It had been a nice night, Iker had enjoyed seeing his two favorite girls interact, and he could only hope that it would stay so polite. He liked the idea of his girlfriend and his friend getting on.

“Alright” Isobel noted “I’ll be waiting” she added.

Iker flashed her one more parting smile before he padded towards the bathroom, leaving Isobel alone with Olivia who had been checking her phone.

“Why are you here, Olivia?” Isobel muttered, making the other girl look up.

“Huh?” Olivia posed.

“Why are you here?” Isobel repeated, her eyes rolling.

Olivia frowned. “Because Iker invited me. He said something about the pair of you wanting to thank me and I came along. Was that wrong?” she posed

“What do you think Olivia?” Isobel sneered, leaning over the table slightly “In what world do you imagine that I want you hanging around on a night where I am supposed to be with my boyfriend?” she added.

Olivia shook her head. “I only came because Iker asked me to” she commented.

“Well, next time he asks, tell him that you have something better to do than spoil my dates with him. I am grateful Oli, you did set me up with him, but that is all I needed from you. I don’t want you hanging around anymore” she muttered, inspecting her nails.

Olivia scoffed. “I don’t think that is your choice to make, Isobel” she muttered “I am Iker’s friend” she added.

Isobel shook her head. “Not any more you aren’t. You’ve done your bit, you found him a girlfriend and now you can disappear. Do you honestly think that Iker is going to want you hanging on now that he has me?” she posed.

“Iker’s not fickle” Olivia muttered.

“No, but he will see in time that he is better off without you around. He’s got me now, Oli, and I am more than enough for him. So why don’t you do us both a favour and just go” she muttered.

Olivia opened her mouth to retort, but stopped herself as Iker appeared once more, a fond grin on his face. “You two OK?” he posed.

“Of course, though, Oli was just leaving” Isobel noted, her eyes glaring over at the brunette who sighed, nodding her head gently.

“I just remembered that I have an early meeting tomorrow” she murmured “Lo siento” she added.

Iker frowned. “You Ok Oli?” he posed gently.

Olivia nodded. “I’m fine” she noted softly “Thanks for dinner” she added before she moved to press a kiss to his cheek, ignoring the glare that Isobel wore on her face. She knew that it wasn’t up to Isobel, if Iker wanted her around, then he would keep her around, but Olivia didn’t want to push it. Iker was happy, happier than she had seen him in a longer time, and she didn’t want to get in the way of it, even if she didn’t like what Isobel had become, she wasn’t going to cause problems.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)