Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

07: You’re Probably Right

Staring down at his phone, Iker sighed a little, his brown eyes staring confusedly at the blank screen. It had been a couple of days, since Olivia had left the restaurant, Iker hadn’t heard a thing from her and it was starting to worry him. It wasn’t like Olivia, usually, she texted him to let him know that she had made it home safe, and it worried Iker slightly that she hadn’t. She knew what he could be like, especially when it came to her, and he didn’t like the idea that something had changed that. He’d thought he’d taught her well enough that, no matter what was going on, he liked knowing that was safe. Peeking down at the screen, he contemplated sending her a text, but was stopped as Isobel padded up beside him, quickly pulling the phone out of his hands. “Come on” she noted “My roommate doesn’t get back til eleven and I don’t want to waste our time” she added, flashing him a little smile that made his heart jump slightly.

“I will be with you in a second” he noted, leaning over to take the phone out of her hands “I just want to send a quick message to Oli” he added.

Isobel rolled her eyes. “Can it not wait?” she mused, trying to keep the irritated huff out of her voice “Oli’s a big girl Iker, I am sure she will be OK if you don’t text her right this second” she added, batting her eyelids a little.

Iker peeked up at her before he let a little sigh fall out of his mouth. “You’re probably right” he mumbled.

“I am certainly right” Isobel quipped, quickly dispensing with the phone in his hand “Now, are you going to sit there and pout or are you going to come with me?” she added, her voice dropping to a whisper.

Iker smiled and took her hand, knowing that Olivia could wait for a little while longer.

~#~
“Oli?”

Olivia, who had been vaguely staring at the screen of her laptop, sat up slightly, her blue eyes peeking over at the girl who had called her name. “Yes?” she posed.

“Are you alright?” the other girl, Callie, asked.

“I am fine” Olivia replied “Why wouldn’t I be?” she posed.

“Because you’ve been staring at the screen for 20 minutes without typing a thing, something which is strange even for you. Is there something on your mind?” Callie asked.

Olivia looked at her friend for a second, contemplating whether or not to talk about Iker, but she quickly dismissed it, not wanting to be accused of being the jealous best friend. It wasn’t what she was, Olivia didn’t care that Iker had found Isobel, but she did care if it affected the way they were, something that it had. She knew she shouldn’t have let it, what Isobel had said was in no way connected to what Iker thought of her, but still she had taken it as a sign to back off. Iker was happy and Olivia was damn sure she wasn’t going to be the reason that he wasn’t.

“Olivia” Callie noted, nudging the brunette’s arm “You’re worrying me” she added.

Olivia sighed. “Can I ask you something, hypothetically?” she posed.

Callie frowned, but nodded her head, urging Olivia to continue to talking.

“So, say if someone had set two people up, thinking that they were good together, only to find out that the girl is a bitch. Should the person who set them up tell the guy that his girlfriend is bad news or should she just leave it?” she posed, her blue eyes glancing tentatively at Callie.

“Oli, are you talking about Isobel and Iker?” she posed.

Olivia dropped her head and sighed. “We went out to dinner the other night and, in no uncertain terms, Isobel said that I should stay away from Iker. Am I supposed to tell him that and make him either hate me or her, or am I supposed to just back off and let things run their course?” she posed gently, her hands fiddling with the hem of her skirt. She didn’t like it, she couldn’t remember the last time she had gone 2 days without talking to Iker, but as far as she knew, it was for the best, at least until she was surer of what to do next.

“She said that?” Callie posed.

“She said that he was better off without me” Olivia noted “Which she is probably right about” she added.

Callie scoffed. “Not a chance. You two are the sweetest” she noted “And Iker isn’t going to want you to just disappear. He’s never struck me as the type of guy who dumps his friends when he gets a new girlfriend” she added.

“He’s never had a girlfriend that he looks at like he does Isobel before” Olivia noted “They’ve been together 5 weeks and he worships her” she added.

“You really think that Iker would ditch you for his girlfriend?” Callie posed.

Olivia shrugged. “I don’t know” she mumbled.

Callie shook her head. “Iker’s not going to just exclude you, Oli” she noted.

“I’d like to believe you, Cal, but I haven’t heard from him in two days and that never happens. He usually checks on me by now” Olivia explained gently.

Callie sighed. “I am going to ask you something, Oli, and I don’t want you to…”

“I am not jealous of Isobel” Olivia interjected, her blue eyes glancing up at Callie “I don’t care who he fucks or who he loves, I just hate the idea that this…woman could get between us. He promised me that it wouldn’t happen and now I don’t know what to do. I can go and tell him that Isobel is a witch, but he’ll probably hate me for it and never speak to me again because I dared to insult his new girlfriend, or I can just leave it and accept that Iker and I are…are in the past” she mumbled, her voice shaking a little at the last fragment of her sentence.

Callie sighed. “Just text him Oli” she commented “He’s probably just been busy” she noted before another co-worker called to her, causing her to pad away. Olivia watched after her and sighed, pulling her phone out of her bag. She wanted to believe Callie, she was probably right after all, but Olivia simply couldn’t bring herself to be rational or accepting. When it came to her friendship with Iker, the mere idea that it could be under threat made her freak out slightly and, until she knew that it wasn’t, she would continue to think the worst.

She would continue to worry that they were done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)