Goose's Big Adventure

Chapter 11

Around 4:30, Niklas placed Natalie in the front seat of the car and helped her buckle in. He was going to pick up Hank first before he went to get his newfound son. He was so excited!

“How do you think Hank will react to finding out you have a son and it’s going to be his step-son, too,” Natalie asked as her brother slid into the driver’s seat.

Niklas bit down on his lip and buckled himself in.

“I hope he reacts well to him. He’s always wanted a kid and this is the perfect opportunity for him to have one.”

The drive to Hank’s house didn’t take long. It was only about 5 minutes later that his three-story house came into view.

“I shouldn’t be gone long, sis. Are you okay to stay in the car while I talk to him?”

Natalie snorted and gave a dismissive wave of her hand.

“Nicky, I’ve sat in the car while you’ve done stuff before. I’ll be fine. Just go get your man so we can get my nephew,” she retorted, digging around in her pockets for her IPod and headphones.

Niklas laughed, pressed a kiss to the top of her head, and got out of the car. He then made his way up the stone-lined sidewalk to his boyfriend’s front door and rang the doorbell.

Instantly, the door was flung open and Hank yanked him inside, giving him a hard kiss on the lips.

“I knew you’d come and visit me sometime today! You couldn’t forget about your boyfriend, right?!”

Niklas gasped out a laugh and pulled Hank close to him.

“No, baby. How could I ever forget about you? You’re my whole world! Anyway, I have news for you.”

That got Hank’s interest right away and he stared up at Niklas, eyes wide.

“What? What is it?!”

Niklas squeezed Hank’s arm and pressed his forehead to his.

“I have a son, babe.”

Hank wrenched away from Niklas and gawked at him with tears in his brown eyes.

“You cheated on me! How could you, Nicky? You made a promise to me that you would never hurt me and now you have.”

The younger man let out a long sigh and shook his head.

“I didn’t cheat on you.”

“Yes you did! How could you have a son if you didn’t cheat on me?”

“I was dating someone before you, Hank. Her name was Katrina. I’m sure you remember her. Anyway, we broke off and I never knew that she was pregnant. Until I got a call from the adoption agency telling me I had a son and that Katrina was dead. I’m going to get him today and if you want to come along, you can come. Natalie’s in the car waiting.”

Hank, feeling the room start to spin, stumbled into Niklas’s chest.

“I go with you. But feel dizzy. Not sure I can walk.”

With a grin, Niklas easily scooped up his light-weight boyfriend and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

“Then I’ll carry you, my baby.”

He carried his boyfriend to the car and laid him in the backside. He was about to do his seatbelt when hands smacked at his own.

“I can do my own seatbelt, baby. I just couldn’t walk,” Hank told him.

When Niklas pouted—easily showing off the tempting curves of his lips—Hank leaned over and kissed him.

“No pouting, Nicky. Get in the driver’s seat and let’s go get your son.”

Niklas obeyed and, as Hank pulled the belt over his shoulder, mumbled, “Yes, sir.”

The older Swede snorted in amusement but made no other comment.

About 15 minutes later, the car pulled up in front of a huge brick building that was half-covered with moss.

“It looks old,” Natalie whispered as she undid her own belt.

Niklas laughed and helped her steady herself on her crutches before opening the door for his boyfriend.

“It’s been around for years, little sister. It’s supposed to be old.”

The three of them went inside and found the desk that Anna was working at.

“Excuse me, ma’am. My name is Niklas Kronwall and I’m here to pick up my son, Douglass.”

Anna looked up and smiled.

“Sure, I’ll go get him. Just fill out this form for me, alright?”

She handed him the paper—which was just questions about himself—and went off to get the child.

After filling out the form, Niklas placed it back on the desk and leaned on it. He began to daydream about his son. Would he look like Katrina? Would he look like his father? Would he be a mixture of both of them?

“Here are all of your son’s things, sir. Would you like me to get someone to help you locate them into your car,” Anna asked, coming back in with Douglass on her hip.

“No thank you, ma’am. My boyfriend will help me.”

As Hank loaded the boy’s things into the backseat of the car, Niklas got a first glance of his son.

Douglass’s blue eyes looked exactly like his own. The blond hair he recognized as Katrina’s. The thin nose was his and the small mouth was Katrina’s.

Niklas’s eyes filled with tears as he took the boy from Anna. Finally, he was able to have a child of his own. He hadn’t felt this happy in ages.

“Come on, Natie. Let’s take the newest member of the family home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this was so short! the next chapter will be longer, I promise!