Goose's Big Adventure

Chapter 6

Natalie was pacing the hallway outside of Hank’s room, wondering what in the world Hank and Niklas were talking about. She didn’t hear any crying which was surprising considering that her brother had cried the whole way to the hospital. She shook her head to clear it. They were probably talking about the game. She knew Hank well enough by now to know that when he missed a game, he had to know every little detail of what had happened. Sighing, she decided to check in on them. Opening the door and stepping into the room, she was shock at the scene before her. Niklas was sitting on the edge of the bed, his shirt unbuttoned, and Hank was dragging kisses down his neck. She covered her mouth to hold back the gasp and took a step backwards before Hank noticed her.

“Hej, Nattie. As you can see, nothing is wrong,” he told her happily as he rubbed Niklas’s neck. Natalie swallowed hard and stepped back into the room, closing the door behind her.

“You look no worse for wear to your injuries. Guess Crosby’s plan didn’t work,” she said, smirking. Hank snickered and lightly brushed his thumb across Niklas’s cheek.

“Do they ever work,” he retorted, causing Niklas to snort and Natalie to roll her eyes. Before Niklas could reply, Natalie interrupted him.

“And what do you call this,” she demanded, pointing at them. Niklas’s face turned tomato red and he lowered his eyes but Hank was able to keep her gaze.

“We’re in love, Natalie,” he told her. The young girl bit her lip hard and wiped at her eyes, not wanting them to see her tears.

“How long, Hank?”

“Well, I just found out he loves me, but I’ve loved him ever since he came here,” Hank replied. Natalie choked on her own saliva. He had loved Niklas for ten years and he had never told her this? How long had Niklas known?

“What about you, Nicky,” she asked quietly, trying not to show her emotions. Niklas slowly met her eyes.

“The same amount of time as Hank,” he muttered. Natalie stumbled over backwards, stunned. How could he not have told her? After everything they’ve been through and he couldn’t trust her with this? He couldn’t trust his own sister? Tears flowed down her cheeks, but she didn’t even notice as she meet his eyes.

“Really? You’ve been gay for this long and you never told me? After all that we’ve been through together and you couldn’t trust me with this? Your own baby sister?! Do you know how much that hurts, Nicky,” she asked, shaking with tears. Niklas chewed on his lip, mad at himself.

“I thought you were going to reject me, sis.” At those words, Natalie’s heart was ripped from her chest. Reject him? Reject the man she’d admired her whole life? Reject the man that did everything for her? She was loyal to him as a sister should be and now he was throwing this in her face? She started to sob.

“Reject you? Are you freaking serious? I’ve admired you, I’ve looked up to you, I followed in your footsteps. How could you say I’d reject you,” she screamed at him, tears coming in torrents down her face. She was shaking with anger, hurt and sadness but she did her best not to show it. Niklas’s face clouded up and he stood up from the bed, facing her.

“You don’t need to know EVERY SINGLE PART OF MY LIFE NATALIE! Maybe my love life you should just stay out of it,” he spat at her. Natalie snarled and ran up, slapping him in the face just as Goose came in.

“I WAS NEVER GOING TO INTERFERE WITH YOUR LOVE LIFE NICKY! I DON’T CARE WHO YOU DATE AS LONG AS YOU’RE SAFE! BUT IF YOU WANT ME OUT OF YOUR LIFE, FINE! I’LL GET OUT,” she yelled before storming out the door. Goose frowned and looked over at Nicky, raising his eyebrows.

“You’ve got a lot of explaining to do, Kronner,” he said. Niklas groaned and slumped to the floor.

“Don’t I know it,” he muttered.

Natalie was driving in her car, tears coming down her cheeks. A whirlwind of hurt, anger, sadness and betrayal swirled inside of her. She couldn’t believe Niklas would do this to her, but she was also surprised at herself. When had she ever hit her brother before? Never as far as she was concerned. The loud screech of wheels in front of her made her look up. She screamed and tried to turn out of the way of the van, but she was too late. It hit her and her car went flying. It spun around three times and then landed on the wheels. As Natalie blacked out, her last though was –I’m sorry, Nicky.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH NO! WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN TO THEM? SHOULD NATALIE FORGIVE NIKLAS? TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS!