The Wondersphere

Chapter 3

It feels as though only seconds pass when she reaches the other side of the portal. She lands in a glass box. She pushes herself off the floor and sees dozens of reflections of herself on the wall. Where am I? A door opens and a women walks in. The door closes behind her. She gives Alice a cool smile, with causes Alice to shiver. Something about this woman seriously wasn't right.
"So, my little Rabbit tells me that you are special." She is also British. She looks Alice up and down. "I can see the potential." Alice just stares. "I can see that you're confused. Don't worry my dear, you're safe here." she says. Alice clenches her fists. "Safe? I'm safe here? Where the hell am I? England or something? Take me home right now!" She stomps her foot. The woman chuckles. "You are feisty!" she remarks. "But being feisty isn't enough to get out of here." She tips up Alice's chin. "You're mine now sweetie, and you're going to help me to take over the world." Alice jerks her chin away. The woman sneers as she says, "Food is on its way. And I suggest you to eat. We have a very busy day tomorrow." The woman puts her hand on the glass and the door opens.
"Welcome to your new home." She says as she walks out. Alice runs to the door but it closes before she can escape. "You can't keep me in here!" she screams. She bangs on the glass until tiny cracks appear. She pulls back her fist, examining her bruised knuckles. She sighs and collapses onto the floor. She had no idea what to do. "Pease just let this be a dream," she says into the empty room.

*****

The rebels wait outside the Queen's castle. They stay in the shadows, trying not to be seen. Charlie is about to go inside. "When do I go in?" asks Lily. "Hopefully, you won't have to. But I'll give you the signal if I get in trouble." he says. "You think we can save them this time?" she asks. Charlie closes his eyes. "We have to," he says. "Besides, Faye told us the Queen has just recruited them. We can get them out before any real damage is done."
"And Faye told you right." Lily and Charile jump back. Faye appears right behind them. "What are you doing here?" whispers Charlie. "Get out of here before you get caught!" She rolls her eyes. "Relax, Knight. I just found out something. Someone's in the Glass Box." Charlie raises his eyebrows. "You sure?" asks Lily. "Of course, Matt told me." Charlie grits his teeth. He doesn't trust Matt, but Faye seems to and that was good enough for him.
"Okay," says Charlie. "We're going to have to get her out first then." Faye nods, then "poofs" away. Charlie takes in a breath and says, "I'm going in." Charile looks at the device on his wrist. It looks like a watch. He twists a few knobs to put in coordinates. "Good luck," says Lily. Charlie smiles. "I don't need it." He presses the button and he teleports inside of the castle.