In (insert feelings here) with a Stunt Coordinator

How it all began

Meeting Kai Nuuhiwa was the best thing to happen to me. It was a chance meeting for us. I’ve been working for the company almost eight months before our paths crossed. I was an early shift and I just so happen to clock in a few minutes early before my actual starting time, so I had to wait a few more minutes to clock in properly. I went down the hallway from my work out into the other connected hallway. Upon going through the door I made an over exaggerated noise. Sitting in a chair was none other than Kai himself. He looked up at me when I came through the door and smiled. Without missing a beat he asked me “long day?” I looked at him and did a quick scan of him. He had a beautiful smile in my opinion and that’s what usually pulls me into a man. I smiled back at him and replied “No, I’m just entertaining myself.” I then walked away from him knowing that I probably might not see this guy every again. Boy was I wrong on that situation, for someone above had other plans for me.
I was standing by the time clock, waiting to clock back in from lunch when I was approached by Kai. He moved to my left side so I could see him better. I was able to see him a bit better and notice his eyes. His eyes are hazel but bluish, but still made him more attractive in my eyes. I’m also a fool for eyes as well as the butt area on a guy. “So what are your plans after work?” I looked at Kai shocked to see him again. “Nothing really. I was just going to go home. How about yourself?” “ I was invited to an 80’s club, so I was going to go to check it out.” “Nice I’ve only been to one and that’s located in Montclair.” “Hmm…I don’t think it’s out there. This one is closer to work.” “Oh…nice. I’ll have to look it up.” I watched as Kai look close at something on my persona. “So I see you have no ring on your finger. So you’re not married or engaged?” I had to laugh at this pick up line. It was cheesy and cute at the same time. I showed him my left hand with a smile. “Nope, I’m single and ready to mingle.” Kai laughed at my reply to his little pickup line. I smiled and added “so you going to ask me for my number next?” “Actually that won’t be a bad idea.” I was shocked as I watched him look for a pen on his person. He looked at me “one moment please while I go get a pen.” He walked away to look for a pen. In that moment he was gone I was having a million thought running through my head. Why was this good looking guy talking to me? Was he really interested me or was he just pulling my leg? Why was my heart pounding so much? All these questions and more kept replaying over and over in my mind. I’m not a beautiful gal let alone skinny Minnie. I’m big and have curves and a little bit of fat on me still. The questions ceased when Kai came back with a pen in hand. I wrote my name on number on his left hand. He looked at it and smiled. “I’ll text you when I get off work.” I nodded my head afraid to open my mouth scared on what might come out. I clocked back in from lunch and walked away from Kai, but not without looking back at him. Maybe just maybe he might be the one I’ve waiting for. For the reaming of my work day I was on cloud nine. Kai was true to his word and he did text me once he got off work.
Over the course of days Kai and I have been texting nonstop getting to know each other. The more I know about Kai the more I fell for him. His smile and eyes got to me, but now his personality made me want to be with him more. In my eyes he was perfect even though he had his own skeletons in the closet, but it did not falter my feelings for him. In one of his text’s he sent me a link to the IMDB web page. Me being who I am did not even look at the link he sent me. Truthfully, the time I actually looked at it was three weeks later, and I was not really paying attention to what I was really looking at. All I knew was we had the same birthday except the year was different, so he is five years older than me. I then looked at the rest of the web page and that’s when it hit me. He is a Stunts Coordinator and did a lot of work on some pretty well known movies that I actually seen. I was kind of shock at this information, but this did not make me think different of him. I don’t care about his fame or anything else; all I did care about is him and who he is.
Everything was going well for us, but not all fairytales have happy endings. Kai…well I won’t go into full detail on what happen, but all you must know that it was a lack of miscommunication on both our parts. The thing I can tell you is the three days we did not talk was torture to me. My heart was hurting and apparently Kai’s was too, but I did not know this until he told me after we talked again. Things thought were not the same between Kai and I. I did not hear from him for a few days, but on Valentine’s Day I got a telegram from him. It said secret admirer on it, yet I knew it was from him for I know his hand writing and he is the only one that knows my last name. On our birthday he sent me an image message, other than that he’s been absent. I know I’m a fool for waiting this long for him, but when you really like someone (almost love) you do stupid things. No I’m not in love with Kai…at least I don’t think I am, but my feelings for him are very strong. He may not text me anymore but I do see him at work. The last time I saw him he looked me in the eye as I walked by him and he said “looking good.” When he did that my heart was pounding and the only thing I could do was smile at him.
Sadly he quit his job here at the company, so there is no way for me to see him anymore. The only thing now is to see if he shows up to my graduation. If not I will know what I actually mean to him. I will tell him when I see him if he does show on how crazy I am about him and how he makes me feel every time we are near each other and when I see him. How my heart pounds in my chest when he is near me and how I start to shake when I know he’s around, then when I do see him I’m happy for the reaming of the day. I would like to our story has a happy ending, but truthfully this is reality and not some fairytale. Not all stories have happy endings; I just want this one too. So I pray that he shows up to my graduation and the graduation party so I can tell him. We shall see....
♠ ♠ ♠
Kai is an amazing person that I got to meet and slowly fall for.