Growing Up

Chapter 7

After the anxiety and shock wore off, Niklas took her hand and skated around the ice for a while until she got tired.

"Nicky, this was really fun, but I'm hungry and tired."

He smiled and carried her home.

"What do you want to eat angel?"

She thought for a moment and started to laugh.

"Oat-meal."

He rolled his eyes and giggled. He knew she was mocking his accent, but he thought it was cute.

"Oat-meal it is then."

He went out to the kitchen and started to make it when he felt her hands on his back. He grinned and turned around to kiss her. She shook her head and pointed to the stove.

"Don't burn lunch please! You can have a kiss after."

He pouted and finished making lunch. She laughed at him.

"Aw Nicky don't pout! But I do have to say it makes you so much cuter when you do."

He blushed and stuck out his tongue, setting a bowl in front of both of them. He pulled out her chair and pushed it back in when she sat down.

"Such a gentleman!"

He sat down in front of her and started to eat. The phone rang and he heard April answer it.

"Yes? Oh hi Henrik! Yes, they're here now. Ok, see you soon!"

She hung up and went to the kitchen.

"Henrik's coming over soon. Just letting you know."

They quickly finished eating and ran up to Izzy's room giggling like children.

"Maybe we should hide and make him find us."

Niklas laughed.

"Maybe we should."

They both hid in her closet and Niklas held her close.

"I love you so much, Izzy."

She grinned and kissed him.

"I love you too..."

She snickered and stayed still, hearing Hank come in.

"Uh guys? I'm here!"

Nicky winked at her and put a finger to his lips. She bit her lip to keep from laughing as Nicky jumped out of the closet and tackled him.

"Kronner you asshole!"

He laughed.

"That's what you get for ruining our moment, Zetta."

He rolled his eyes and giggled.

"Oh fine. Where's your girl huh? I heard about you two."

Elizabeth came out and jumped on his back laughing.

"I'm here ya goof!"

They all flopped on her bed and sighed. Niklas was the first to speak up.

"Hank, I'm really nervous for the drafts next month. What if I don't make it?"

Hank just laughed.

"Nik, please stop doubting yourself. You'll make it, I promise."

Niklas looked over at his newly found girlfriend for closure. She just smiled and kissed him.

"Listen to Hank, he knows what he's talking about."