Love Yourself

Prologue

Prologue

Logan

“Seasons go round again, a dazzling city. Everyone passes oblivious of you.”


You’re ugly. There’s no way in hell I’d like you.

Words can kill. They can rip someone apart; tear them into tiny pieces.

The moment he had told me these words- those ten word- I wished the tiny pieces that I became would drift away in the wind. I never imagined myself to feel so much pain at once. My heart felt as though it was ripped from my chest and violently slashed until all that was left was a puddle of blood and mush.

I cried until there were no tears left. I wouldn't hardly anything, nor would I talk to anyone. The kids would make fun of me, but I didn't care. They'd bully me, harass me, but I showed no emotion. I didn't care for myself properly, so I ended up in the hospital.

I can remember that day so clearly, but I try to shy away from the memory. It’s not a memory I’d like to remember, but it’s stuck with me. I’ll never be able to forget it.

The day I was rejected was the day I decided to stop caring. My looks now mean nothing to me, nor do others opinions of me. I found my best friend that day. Hero. Hero was there for me when no one else was. I’m a new person. I have a new personality. I’m no longer that sad little girl whose heart was crushed.

Nobody understands it, but I find joy in watching horror filled things. Horror fascinates me. Serial killers, spiders, skeletons; none of them scare me. I love it all. The kids at school stay away from me, thinking they’ll catch some disease from me. They say they’re scared to come near. I don’t mind.

I’d rather be alone than associate with them.