Dollhouse

1

Hey girl, open the walls, play with your dolls
We'll be a perfect family.
When you walk away, is when we really play
You don't hear me when I say,
"Mom, please wake up.
Dad's with a slut, and your son is smoking cannabis."
No one ever listens, this wallpaper glistens
Don't let them see what goes down in the kitchen.

-
To the typical outsider it looks like we're a perfect family. We have a nice looking house, a pool, and our yard is perfect. Also, when my family and I go out in public, we're all smiling. That's all an act. Behind closed doors is a completely different story.

Mom knows what's going on but she acts clueless and that breaks my heart. Daddy has been cheating on mom for quite some time now. I ask mom why she won't leave him and she just looks at me, smiles, and says "Divorce doesn't happen in perfect families."

Also, that's not all. My brother, Abel, he's 17 and he does drugs.

As for me? I basically look after myself at home.

My mom is too busy sleeping. I guess she's trying to sleep the pain away because she knows that our life isn't as perfect as we make it out to be to our neighbors and the rest of the public. Our neighbors have no clue how messed up we are.
My dad is out most of the time at a run down hotel with Candy. Or Mandy. I forget. He has so many women.
And my brother is in his room most of the time smoking something.

My name is Riley, I'm 13, and this is the story of my family.