Dollhouse

2

Places, places, get in your places
Throw on your dress and put on your doll faces.
Everyone thinks that we're perfect
Please don't let them look through the curtains.
Picture, picture, smile for the picture
Pose with your brother, won't you be a good sister?
Everyone thinks that we're perfect
Please don't let them look through the curtains.
D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E
I see things that nobody else sees.
(D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E
I see things that nobody else sees)

-
Every day it starts out the same. Monday through Thursday dad goes to work. He works at a corporate office downtown. It's a pretty good paying job. Mom gets ready to go to her job. She works in a fancy hotel. Abel goes out with his friends or does something. I don't really know. And I get myself ready for school.

I have a secret I want to confess. Please don't tell my family. They'd be upset knowing that this family is even more screwed up.
I self harm.

My parents don't pay attention to me much. Also, sometimes-not as often anymore though- my brother, Abel and his friends would pay too much attention to me.

It hurts having to live in the same house as him. Also, people think that he’s a perfect young man and it makes me sick hearing them talk about how great Abel is.

They don’t know what he’s done to me.

And during holidays, like on Easter and such, my family has hired this photographer. He takes pictures of us. First he takes pictures of us as a family, then one of us separately, and then one of mom and dad and then one of me and Abel.

I hate taking a picture with Abel.

Mom always says, “Smile Riley!” and then I get that look.

I’m the youngest one in the house and yet I’m the one that’s going through the most.

My entire family is messed up and I can’t tell.

I’ll get in trouble.

I feel like we’re living in a dollhouse.

On the outside, we look like your ideal family.

But on the inside, we are so screwed up.