Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 1- I Just Want To Talk To Her

Cristiano’s Pov

“Hi, this is Lucy. I can’t come to the phone right now but please leave a message and I’ll get back to you soon” the voice he hadn’t heard in person in so long. “Soon more like never” I mumble to myself and threw the phone on a towel.

“Lucy still ignoring your calls?” Wayne asked. “Yup” I say taking a seat on the bench. “Man I didn’t know women could be so quiet for that long” Luis Nani jokes next to Cristiano. “Not helping Nani” Wayne says as I sigh.

It had been less than six weeks since Lucy had left my house that day in tear. Six weeks of absolute silence for her. She had been so angry with me. Lying to her about when I dropped the charges against her best friend Tina for destroying my car, was something I should never had done.
The look on her face when she saw Merche. Merche that bitch. I still have no idea why my ex-girlfriend was dressed half naked in my house that day.

“Jezz Ronnie it’s been weeks. Stop sulking already. She’s just some chick” Rio says. “She isn’t just some chick” I say. “Look how about after the game at the weekend, we all go out and find you a bird that will make you forget Lucy” Rio says.

“I don’t want to forget about Lucy” I snap throwing the boot in my hand on the ground. “Well maybe you should have hid your fling better” Rio mutters. I rush towards him and push him against the lockers. “I didn’t cheat on Lucy. I wouldn’t do that to her. I’m not like you” I say holding him by his shirt. “Hey easy Ronnie lad” Wayne says as he and Michael pulled me off Rio.

“Ronaldo” a voice says and the lads let me go. “Outside now” the gaffer says. I follow him out of the changing rooms. “I don’t like fighting in my club” Sir Alex says. “I know. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again” I say looking at the ground. “Look I know you’ve had issues at home but don’t bring it in here” he says and I snap my head up. “It’s my job to know about my players” he smiles. “You’re a good lad but you’ve got a job to do. I don’t want your football been affected” he says and I nod.

The ironic thing was that while my love life was going down the tubes, I was playing some great football.

“I’m cancelling your media duties for the afternoon. Go home” Sir Alex says. “Yes Sir” I say. “Oh. I know Rio has a big mouth but if you can try and not shut him up, I would appreciate it” he says and walks away.

“Look Ronnie, I shouldn’t have said what I said” Rio says as I walk back into the changing rooms. “Leave it Rio” Wayne says. “Everything ok?” Wayne asks. “Yeah” I say picking up my phone. “I would have come out and gotten you if she had rung” Wayne says. “Don’t think that will be happening anytime soon” I sigh.

“Did you ever find out why Merche was really at your house that day?” Wayne asks. He was one of the few who believed me when I said that I hadn’t been seeing Merche behind Lucy’s back. “No. She probably just wanted to fuck my life up” I say. Merche had tried to comfort me when I eventually had walked back into my house that day Lucy left. Nuno had to pull me away so I didn’t hit her. She ruined everything.

“How could Lucy believe he would cheat on her” I say. “I’d tell you if Coleen speaks to her again” Wayne says. Lucy had briefly spoken to Lucy before she left for New York. “But would Coleen tell you if she did. Especially if she knew that you would tell me” I say. Wayne shrugs. “Women tend to stick together. Especially when it’s something like this” Wayne says.

“I just want to talk to her. She has to know deep down that Merche was lying. I don’t even know if she’s back from New York. Is she’s even coming back” I say. “Her whole life is here. Surely she’ll come back” Wayne says. “I really don’t know” I say. Would I even know?

I had driven straight to Lucy’s apartment after she left but she wouldn’t see me. Tina shouted at me for hurting her friend and threw a glass of water over my head. I had gone to her apartment everyday but Tina wouldn’t let me near her. Elena had refused to talk to me. And Josh nearly had me thrown out of his offices when I turned up to see Lucy at work.

“You’re back early” Nuno says when I throw my keys onto the kitchen counter. “The gaffer sent me home” I say. “What happened?” Nuno asks. “Rio and his big mouth. It doesn’t matter” I say shaking my head.

“You know what they say about a watched phone” Nuno says as I stare at my phone. “It doesn’t ring” I mumble. “Give her time Ronnie” he says. “What if it’s too late?” I ask. “I………” Nuno stutters. “Exactly” I say.

“You are the last person she wants to talk to” a voice says and I turn around to see Katia and Elma walking into the kitchen. “Did I forget to say that your sister are here?” Nuno says. “What are you two doing here?” I ask in shock.

It hadn’t taken Hugo long to tell Máe and my sister that Lucy had walked out on me and the reason why. He had walked into the house while I was yelling at Merche. Máe has refused to talk to me since. She hasn’t said one word to me since she found about Merche. I had spent Christmas and New Year on my own. Phoning Lucy the whole time. Elma and Katia had both yelled at me down the phone for cheating on Lucy.

“We came to talk to you” Elma says. “Just when I was enjoying the silence” I say. “You seriously think this is funny? Do you know why none of us are talking to you?” Katia yells. “We all liked Lucy. You really hurt her” Elma says.

“Have you spoken to her?” I ask hopefully. “She phoned to speak to Rodrigo a couple of times. But she wouldn’t speak to me. I tried to tell her how sorry I was but she refused to talk about you” Katia says. “Is she ok?” I ask a little thankful that Lucy had spoken to someone in my family.

“How do you think she is? She found out that you were lying and cheating behind her back” Elma says.

“For the last time. I did not cheat on Lucy” I shout and they smile.

“What?” I ask staring at them confused. “We know” Elma says. “Excuse me” I say. “Cris you were and still are crazy about Lucy. We all saw the way you looked at her. When she was in the room, nobody else was” Elma says.

“But” I say in shock. “You spent every spare moment with Lucy. There was no way you could have met Merche behind her back” she says.

“You believe me” I whisper. “And so would Lucy if she thought about it. But she’s not thinking clearly. Something else is stopping her from doing that. And I think you know what it is?” Katia asks.

“I lied to her” I say. “Cris” Nuno says. “No it’s time” I say. “Time for what?” Elma asks.

“Come and sit down” I say walking to the couch. “What did you lie about?” Katia asks. “I’ve lied to you from the start” I say. “To us. Wait I thought you lied to Lucy?” Katia says. “I did. Look just let me say this without interrupting ok” I say.

“Lucy and I were never a couple” I say and my sisters laugh. “Cris I know you haven’t slept much because you’re missing Lucy but you can’t have forgotten your relationship with Lucy” Katia says.

“There was no relationship. Not at the beginning anyway” I sigh.

“Cristiano what are you saying?” Elma asks.

“Lucy was never my girlfriend. Well not the first time you all met her" I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
The truth is about to come out, but will Elma and Katia help Cristiano get Lucy back or will they turn further against him.

Please comment, recommend and subscribe. I hope everyone enjoys this story.