Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 10- Awful Feeling

Lucy’s Pov

“How are you feeling?” Elena asks as she lets me into her apartment. “Where ever Tina got that pizza last night she won’t be buying from them again” I groan. Tina and I had both been sick all night.

“At least it wasn’t Tina’s cooking” Elena jokes.

“You sure it wasn’t all the wine you drank on Friday night” Jack jokes from Elena’s couch. “Very funny” I say as I take a seat at the kitchen table. “So what’s up?” Elena asks.

“Nothing just felt like a walk. Tina’s still feeling ill” I say. “So you’re bored?” she grins. “A little. I should do some work but it’s a Sunday and I’m not in the mood” I smile. “Tina seems happy” Elena says. “That’s a good thing isn’t it” Jack shouts from the couch. “We’re talking here” Elena shouts at him. “She is. It’s good to see. Although” I say. “You can’t help but worry” Elena says. “Ya. Even Josh is weary. But she’s doing well at her job. She and Mike seem happy and she’s passing all the drug tests” I say. “Is she ready for Wednesday night?” Elena asks.

“Oh I’m dreading it. I don’t even know why I’m going” I say. “To make sure Tina and her Mom don’t kill each other and leave blood all over Luke’s rug” she jokes. “Don’t” I say. Tina and Josh’s parents were coming up to Manchester for a few days. It wouldn’t be too bad if it was just their dad. But their mother was coming too. And her and Tina didn’t get on too well. In fact they barely talked. In fact I don’t think she get’s on with any member of her family expect Josh. You would barely think their parents were married since they don’t spend much time together.

“You sure you’re feeling ok? You look at bit pale” Elena says. “Just tired” I say. “Come on. Come on” Jack shouts from at the TV. “Is he alright?” I ask. “Oh he’s watching the football, while I finish some paperwork” she says. “Oh right” I say looking at the TV. I know what match too.

“Oh sorry Luce. I didn’t think” she says. “It’s ok” I say. “Yes. Yes. Get in there Cris” Jack yells happily. “Turn it off Jack” Elena says. “What Cris just scored” he says. “Turn it off” Elena says. “Leave him Elena. He’s enjoying himself” I say. “Sorry Luce. I forgot” Jack says as the TV shows Cristiano shrugging off his teammates congratulations. “It’s fine Jack” I say. “Damn he is a good footballer though” he says turning back to face the TV.

“Look at you all chummy with him. Jezz you barley met him” Elena says. “I should get back and see how Tina is” I say standing from the table. “Don’t think I don’t know that it was you who told him Lucy was back from New York” Elena says. “What the guy was miserable and desperate to talk to her. I felt sorry for him” Jack says.

“He doesn’t deserve you’re sympathy. He cheated on my friend” she says. “Guys” I say. “If it was me, I’d have wanted to someone to tell me” he says. “Well you’re not him. And if you don’t remember where your friendship lies than you will be him” Elena says to her boyfriend. “Guys don’t please. Elena, Jack was just doing what he thought was best for his friend” I say. “Well you’re my friend” she says. “I know. And I’m glad I have you” I say giving her a hug.

*******************Wednesday******************************

“Hey fancy that drink tonight?” Matt asks coming up from behind me as I walk towards my office. I shake my head. “I can’t tonight. Sorry. Rain check” I say. “I’ll hold you to that” he smiles and walks off down the hall.

I take out my phone and text Tina. “Hey how’s your day?” I text. “Busy. Going to try and paint later” she texts back a few minutes later. “Don’t forget dinner tonight” I text. “Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1” she texts and I know she would rather do something else.

“I’m coming. I’m coming” I shout as I hop on one leg and run into the living room. It better not be Cristiano I think. “Hello Josh. I was just leaving” I say into the phone as I try and out my heel on.

“Have you spoken to Tina?” he asks. “Not since earlier. Why what’s wrong?” I ask. “She should have been here an hour ago. We were going to catch up with mom and dad alone by going for a walk. But she hasn’t turned up” he says.

“Josh you know having dinner with them is going to be tough since she feels ashamed after everything she’s been through. Maybe she thought it would be best to just come to dinner” I say.

“Well should could have phoned. Anyway she should still be here now” he says. “I know I’m late. But I couldn’t get off the phone from Mr. Zeen” I say. “At least you texted Luke” he says.

“Look she probably got side-tracked. She always paints after work on a Wednesday. I’ll drop by on my way to yours ok” I say. “Thank you. I swear my sister was put on this planet to annoy and worry me” he groans. “Go make sure my dinner is been cooked and that your mother isn’t going to have another go at Tina. I heard what happened the last time” I say. “I’m on it. See you later Luce” he says hanging up.
I grab my purse and keys and head towards the door.

“Crap” I mumble and turn back. “Forgot to turn off the TV” I say out loud. I grab the remote and just as I’m about to press the off button, Cristiano’s face appears on the screen. I hadn’t been able to get seeing him out of my head. It would be easier if he just left me alone.

I try Tina on her phone as I get out of my car. No answer. It’s getting colder and I wish I had remembered to bring my coat. This blue dress wasn’t the smartest outfit I think.

I walk up to the gallery door and see the open sign on the door. I look at my watch. 8.30. The gallery should be closed since 5.30. Tina probably wanted to start painting so must have forgot to turn the sign. And lock the door I think as I push the door in.

“Hello” I shout out. “Tina” I yell walking through the gallery. I head to the back room where I know she does her paintings. “Tina” I shout but no answer comes back. I press call again on my phone and I hear Destiny's Child's Bootylicious boom out. That was her phone. Where is she?

“Tina” I say pushing the back door open. The room is dark and I fell the wall for the light switch.

“Hello” I shout as I flick the switch on.

I look around the room. Easels cover the floor and I notice something else on the floor.

“Tina” I scream running to the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Cristiano and Lucy's problems cause trouble for another couple's relationship? Is Tina ok?

Thanks to Jayme112234 for her comment.