Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 19- Talk To Me

Cris’s Pov

“Thanks Elena” I say hanging up the phone. “Hey you’d better get a move on before Fergie starts on about your time keeping” Wayne says as he finishes tying his boots. “I’m coming. I was just asking Elena how Lucy was” I say. “You have spoken to her?” he asks. “Just the odd text. I haven’t spoken to her since Thursday” I say. I hated leaving her but I had to get back for training. Plus her Dad was with her. But she hadn’t been returning any of my calls. And her texts had been short. “She’s feeling lost right now. She needs time. She knows where you are Ronnie” he says. “Ya” I mutter.

“Hey it’s not like the last few months. She’s actually spoken to you. And if she hadn’t wanted to you around her at the funeral she would have told you to leave” he says. “It’s just frustrating. I want to be there for her” I say. “But you’re not her boyfriend anymore. Sorry man but it’s true. She won’t like it if you use Tina’s death to try and get back with her” Wazza says. “I’d never do that” I say. “She thought you’d never cheat either” he says. “You know-

“I know. You know. Your sisters know. But Lucy doesn’t. And she’s not going to be thinking about that after her best friend has just died” he says. “I know. And I wouldn’t use Tina’s death to get back with her” I say and he raises an eyebrow. “Ok. I wouldn’t be against it if it did happen but I only want to make sure she’s coping” I say. “Let’s head out” he says.

“When did you become Mr. Advice man?” I ask. “I have many layers” he jokes and I roll my eyes. “Plus Coleen and I were talking about you guys. Well she was doing most of the talking” he says. “So basically everything you just said there was what Coleen said” I say. “Sort of” he shrugs. “I’m glad my life is so interesting for you guys to be talking about” I say. “Well you went from been sickly happy to impossible sulky after you and Lucy broke up. It’s sort of annoying” he says. “Cheers” I say.

After training, Wayne, Michael, Rio and Nani come by the house and we play a few video games. “Hey one good thing came from you and Lucy splitting up” Rio says clicking the controller. “And what is that?” I ask. “You so much easier to beat now” Rio says holding his arms in the air in victory. “I’m so happy for you” I say handing the controller to Wayne. “Don’t start lads. Come on we should be going” he says. “Ya I said I’d take the family out for dinner” Nani groans and Rio laughs. “What’s so funny now?” Michael asks. “Ronnie used to have his family annoying him now its Nani” Rio laughs and I throw a cushion at him. The only time Maé has spoken to me in the last week was to ask about Lucy. “Master chef is in the house” Nani jokes to Nuno as the others leave the house. “You could stay but then you’d miss out on all the family fun” Nuno smirked. “If Maé starts on my love life I’ll stab myself with a knife” he says and I laugh. I used to be the same. Then I met Lucy I think.

“Man why do I always have to be somewhere when Nuno is cooking something really nice” Nani moans as he finally leaves the house. I want to try phoning Lucy again I think and I look for the others and see Lucy with them. “Lucy” I say. “Hi” she says and I can’t help but notice how tired she looks. “Right we should be going so” Wayne says. “Good to see you Lucy” Wayne says. “You too. Tell Coleen I’ll be in touch soon” Lucy says. “Remember try not to kill him. We need for the next match” Rio says. I’m going to kill him one of these days. “Will you shut up” Wayne shouts. “Are you trying to make things worse for Ronnie?” Michael asks Rio.

“Well she’s talking to him so that’s something. In fact she’s been talking to him since we spoke to her” Rio says. “Don’t bloody remind her about that. Jezz she was pissed that day” Michael says. “Ronnie wasn’t happy with you lot for interfering either” Nani says. “You do realise we are standing right here guys” Lucy says. Iditots I think. “Go have your domestic somewhere else” I say. She’s hesitant when I ask her to come into the house but eventually walks through the door. I can’t help but smile as Marcosa runs to her and she looks so happy to see him. I wish she was like that with me.

“You hungry? Nuno is making some fish dish that’s going to fabulous apparently” I ask as we head towards the kitchen. She really needs to eat I think. “My cooking is always fab” Nuno shouts. “Óle Lucy” he smiles. “Hi Nuno” she says. “Not always” I say. “Do you want to cut this fish?” Nuno asks sticking a knife into the fish on the chopping board. Nuno trying to show off. “Oh God” Lucy says and she rushes down the hall.

“Lucy” I shout. “Lucy” I knock on the door. “Go away” I hear in a muffled voice. I try the knob and it turns. I open the door to find her kneeling by the toilet. “I said go away” she says her hands trembling. “You know I don’t listen well” I shrug. “Maybe you should today” she mumbled as she lowered herself to the ground. I look around the bathroom and find a hand towel. I run it under the cold tap and turn to face her. “Here” I say squatting down in front of her.

“Thanks” she says taking the towel from my hands. She carefully wipes the corners of mouth. A sigh of relief escapes her lips when she presses it against her forehead. Even in the ill state that she was in, I think she looks so beautiful. “You ok?” I ask. She gives a little nod and closes her eyes. I stand and head to the kitchen. “Hey is she ok?” Nuno asks as I grab a glass from the press. “I think so” I say running back to Lucy. I fill the glass with water and squat once more in front of her.

“Drink some of this” I say and her eyes flicker open. “Thanks” she whispers taking a sip. “You’re welcome” I say not knowing what to say or do. Her eyes close again and she sighs in relief when her cheeks touched the tiles of the wall. I run the towel under the tap again. I lower myself down and gently dap the cool towel on her brow. She lets out a quiet moan as the cold touches her skin and I dap the towel down her neck. She opens her eyes when the towel moves further down her neck and her eyes are slightly dazed.

“Are you ok?” I ask. “I think so” she whispers. “You think you can stand?” I ask. “Ya” she says and moves to stand. I place an arm around her waist. “Don’t want you to fall” I mutter when she looks at me oddly. “Come on let’s get you back to the living room” I say as she shakily walks with me towards the door.

“No” she says her head. “Lucy” I say opening the door. “The fish. I can’t” she says and her face begins to turn white again. “Ok. Ok. Dining room so” I say and she nods. “You don’t look so good Lucy. Maybe I should get the club doctor to come around to check you” I say as I pull out a seat for her to sit. “I don’t need a doctor. I’ve already….” She stops.

“Already what? Lucy what’s going on? You’ve been to the doctors. That’s what you were going to say?” I say. Why is she going to doctors?
“I should go. I have work to do” she says standing up before she suddenly becomes dizzy and sits again.

“First of all you aren’t in a fit state to drive yet and secondly you came here and haven’t said why. Not that I care. I’m just glad you are here” I say crunching down near here chair and I brush some hair from her face.

She looks at me and begins to sniffle. “Oh Luce. Don’t cry” I say wiping a tear from her cheek. “It’s ok” I say and she moves her head back swiftly. “Don’t” she snaps.

I stand. “You said you went to the doctors. Why?” I ask. Something is wrong I can feel it I think.

“Lucy talk to me. Are you ill? Did you get some bad news? Lucy please. Are you sick? Please the thought of you been seriously ill. Lucy” I shout turning away before the tears I’m holding back at the thought of her been sick fall.

“I’m pregnant” I hear her whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
She told him. How will Cristiano react? He seemed so worried about her.

Thanks to kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234 for their comments.