Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 24- Try Not To Think About The Worst Case Scenario

Cris's Pov

I shut the door closed behind me and walked down the dark hall. Marcosa comes running up to my feet and I throw my keys on the kitchen table. "Your back" Nuno says flicking on the light and I jump in surprise.

"Jezz are you trying to give me a heart attack" I say as he walks down the stairs. "Sorry. Where have you been? It's late. Have you been with Lucy all this time?" he asks.

"Only lasted twenty minutes before she kicked me out" I sigh moving to the couch. "What happened?" he asks. "You know what happened. She asked me the question you told her to ask" I say. "I was just trying to help and she should know. She thinks everything you said about loving her was a lie" he says. "Ya well know she knows everything" I say.

"What did she say?" he asks taking a seat next to me. "She was in shock of course. I could see she was struggling to get around the idea that I was there that day to see her. That I liked her for a long time" I say.

"So she didn't say much" he asks. "She just asked me to leave. Said she needed time to think" I say. "Thinking is good" he says. "I thought she'd shout at me for not telling her. Just react somehow but she just stood there with a blank look on her face. I don't know where I stand now" I say.

"It's probably all such a shock for her. And with the baby she's having a lot of shocks this week. You’re confused about everything. Imagine what it's like for her" Nuno says. "She knows everything now. I just hope it makes some difference. I really do love her. I just wish she can see that our relationship was real. As real for me as it was for her" I say. "Hey who knows tomorrow might bring some change" Nuno smiles. "Ya" I sigh knowing Lucy was having trouble understanding what I told her.

"Will you stop looking at your phone" Rio says the following morning at training. I had texted Lucy one message asking how she was but she hadn't replied it. "Ronnie will you give up already" Rio says and I look up at him. "Shut up Rio" I say.

"Someone is grumpy this morning. I know you said Lucy didn't stay long the other day but at least she came by" Wazza says. I didn't tell them what she ended up confessing that day. There was no point telling them about a baby that might not even be around. I look at my phone again and Rio grabs from my hand. "You can have it back later" he says throwing it to Nani. "Just give it back" I say. "After training. Let's go" he says pushing me out the door.

"Nice goal Ronnie" Nani says as we walk out after training. "Cheers" I say. "Hey isn't that Nuno" Wazza says next to me and I look around to see Nuno running towards us. "Do you ever check your phone?" he shouts. "Oh don't get me started" Rio groans.

"Rio took my phone. What's the matter?" I ask. "Just come with me" he says grabbing my arm and starts to pull me with him. "Nuno what's wrong?" I ask stopping. "Lucy is in hospital" he says.

"What?" I shout. "Elena tried phoning you but she couldn't get through so she phoned me" he says. I turn to Rio who hands me my phone and switch it on to find 3 missed calls from Elena. "What happened?" I ask. "I'll tell you on the way" Nuno says urging me to walk with him.

"Go Ronnie. I'm sure she'll be ok" I hear Wazza say as I walk away with Nuno.

Nuno drives us to the hospital and I run through the doors when I arrive. Shit where do I go? I head to the reception area when I hear my name been called and I turn to my right to find Elena walking towards me.

"Elena. What happened? Where's Lucy? What happened?" I ask in panic. "I was just phoning Josh" she says waving her phone in her hand. "Where's Lucy?" I ask. "Come with me" she says. "What happened? Nuno said she fainted at work. Is she ok?" I ask as we move through two big blue doors.

"There running tests" she says. "Tests" I say feeling sick. "She lost her balance and hit her head of the table before she landed on the floor. She's still unconscious" she says. "But she's going to be ok? Isn't she?" I say.

"What's he doing here?" I hear Matt say as we stop walking. "Don't start Matt. I phoned him. He cares about Lucy. He should be here" Elena says. "Ya cos he's done a good job showing her that. Hasn't he?" he snickers.

"Shut up. And what are you doing here?" I ask. "Matt was with her when she fainted. He came with her in the ambulance" Elena says. "Ambulance" I say. "Ya she looked awful. She hit her head. I knew she wasn't herself but I never expected her to faint. I should have made sure she ate something before our meeting" Matt says resting his arms on his knees.

"She probably wouldn't have eaten anything if you had Matt. She hasn't had much of an appetite lately" Elena says taking a seat next to Matt. "Where is she? Have you spoken to anyone?" I ask.

"She in there" Matt say nodding to the door behind us. "The doctor said to wait and he'll come get us when he has news" Elena says. "We just have to sit and wait" Matt says and I stare at the wall. "Did you get through to Josh?" Matt asks Elena. "I managed to get through to Luke. He said he'll tell Josh. I just hope we have some good news to tell him when he comes by" Elena says.

Good news?

"You can sit down you now" Elena says to me. "I'm fine" I say. "Well you standing there is annoying me so sit down before I make you" she says. "He shouldn't even be here" Matt mutters.

"I have as much right to be here as you. More even" I shout moving closer to him. "If she wanted you she'd talk to you. She doesn't want a lying cheating ass like you" he says standing up and moves within an inch of me.

"Stop it the pair of ye. Lucy is behind those doors sick if either of ye haven't forgotten. Grow up, shut up and sit down" Elena says angrily. "He started it" Matt says.

"How did I start it?" I ask. "I don't care who started it I’m finishing it. Matt can you go get us something to drink please?" she asks. "Sure" he mutters. "I'll have a coffee. What would you like Cris?" she asks me. "I'm fine thanks" I say. I couldn't eat or drink anything until I've seen Lucy. Plus I don't trust Matt not to drug my drink.

"Isn't Lucy the lucky one? She has two guys more or less fighting over her and one who watches her from afar for months" Elena smiles up at me. "You make sound creepy when it wasn't like that. She told you so" I say.

"Yup. Have to say you do a good job surprising a girl Cristiano" she says and I take a seat beside her. "What did she say?" I ask. "She's confused. Jezz ever hear of just asking a girl for a coffee or a drink" she laughs at me. "I would have eventually. But Tina kind of but a bomb into that one" I say.

"I still can’t believe you liked her all that time and never told her" she says. "I didn't want to ruin what we had" I say. "Is that why you didn't tell her about dropping the charges against Tina?" Elena asks.

"I guess ya. I thought at first the whole girlfriend plan would be a way of getting to know her. The longer it went on, I didn't want to risk losing her" I say. "She'll see that at some point Cristiano. She just needs to get out of here and rest. This week has been a shock. Between everything you admitted and finding out about the baby" Elena says.

"Oh my God. The baby. I forgot about the baby. Did you tell the doctor she's pregnant? Is she going to be ok?" I ask moving to stand. She pulls me back down into the seat. "I told him about the baby and I'm not going to lie. He was worried" she says.

And my heart sinks.

"What if she loses the baby?" I ask. "I'm sure it won't come to that" Elena says trying to be upbeat. "But what if she does? She won't cope Elena. I know she says she doesn't want the baby but she does. She's just scared" I say.

"Cris you have to stay positive. And she does want the baby. She told me before your chat with her" she says. She wants the baby. Thanks God. But now she's sick. Oh Lord. "She can't lose the baby. She won't cope" I say.

"Cris" Elena says. "No you don't understand Elena. She loved Lacey and she died. She loved Tina and she died. She thinks everyone she loves leaves her. One way or another. She was afraid she'd lose the baby. That the baby would leave her" I say in a rush.

"Oh" Elena says. "Losing Tina and If she loses the baby I don't know what she'll do. She's already feeling so lost. This could throw her over the edge" I say.

"Cris I'm sure everything will be alright" Elena says placing her hand on my shoulder. "And if it's not?" I ask. "Then we'll be there for her. I'm sure when she wakes up everything will be alright" she says. She just has to wake up I think.

Matt arrives back and we all sit in silence my eyes focused on the door in front of me. People come and go from the room but no one will tell us anything. Nuno comes and sits with us as we wait. I hate waiting.

"Are you with Ms. Smith?" a middle aged guy asks walking towards us. "Yes" we all jump up. "Is she ok? Can we see her?" we all ask at once. "Take it easy" the man says. "Sorry. I'm Elena. I was speaking to you earlier" she says. "Shall we have a private word?" he asks. "Sure" she says as he walks away from the group and into Lucy's room.

"Ye two stay here. You come with me" she says to me. "Why the hell does he get to go with you?" Matt asks. "Because she's having... Ouch" Nuno says when Elena nudges him in the side. "He's coming because I say so. Try not to kill each other while we're gone" she says.

"No one knows about the baby" Elena whispers to me as I open the door. "Lucy" I say as I see her laying in the bed. An IV drip is attached to her arm and her eyes are closed. "It looks worse than it is. I'm Dr. Jones" he says and I shake his hand.

"Is she going to be ok?" I ask. "She took a hard bang to the head but there's no brain damage or anything serious that we can find. She's just going to have a very sore headache when she wakes up" he says. "When will she wake up?" Elena asks. "What about the baby?" I ask. "She should wake soon. She's dehydrated which would explain why she fainted. She needs to eat and drink especially in her condition" he says. "She's had a lot of stress the last few weeks" Elena says.

"Well she'll need to start taking care of herself. She awoke for a few months earlier and said she hadn't been able to keep any food down. I'll prescribe something to easy her sickness" he says.

"But what about the baby? Is the baby going to be ok?" I ask. "At the moment, I can't give you a definite answer. I'm sorry. Once she's awake I’ll arrange a scan" he says. "But there's a chance she could lose the baby?" I ask and he gives us a sad nod. "Try not to think about the worst case scenario. You can sit with her while you wait for her to wake" he says.

"Thanks Dr. Jones" Elena says and he leaves. "It's only a small chance Cris" Elena says as I walk to Lucy's bedside.

I sit on the side of the bed and take her hand. "It will all be ok" I whisper. "I'll go tell the others she's going to be ok and that they can go. You stay with her" Elena says before leaving the room.

“I’m here. I’m not going anywhere” I whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter today. Should Cristiano be worried about Matt? What did you think of Cristiano's chat with Elena?

Thanks to Jayme112234 for her comment.

Remember to comment, subscribe and recommend.