Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 30- Sooner Or Later She'll Remember

Cris’s Pov

“I thought you would have dropped by to see Lucy before going to the hotel” Nuno says as he drives whilst I text on my phone. “She’s finishing some work stuff with Matt at her place. I don’t want to disturb” I say. “Don’t want to get into it with Matt more like. It’s not just me who wants to punch the guy” Nuno says and I laugh since I’m more likely to lose my temper and hit Matt than Nuno is. “It’s nice she has people around her who cares I guess” I shrug. “Josh still not talking to her?” Nuno asks. “No he’s not. He better cop himself on soon though cos it’s not fair on Lucy. She hasn’t done anything” I say. “They’ve been friends for years, he’s hardly going to ignore cos she’s pregnant” he says. “It’s me being the father that’s the problem. She doesn’t need this shit like” I say.

“She told her Dad though” Nuno smiles. “And he seemed happy which is good for Lucy” I say. “Liverpool though” Nuno laughs. “I always knew. Lucy looks beautiful in her jersey” I sigh.

I had only seen her once since the night of my birthday but we’d talked a lot on the phone. She said she was resting. Being so close to her the other night was wonderful. Just talking to her. She’s having my child and all I want is to be with there for her. Just be with her.

“Why are you going to the hotel so early?” Nuno asks. “I couldn’t stay in that house any longer” I say. I had managed to persuade Maé to delay coming over by a few days. I didn’t want Lucy to have to deal with all the fussing, especially when I knew she was anxious about telling my family about the baby. I don’t know if it’s because it’s still early in her pregnancy or that once my family know there’s no going back. “It’s not that bad” Nuno says. “Maé and my sisters are one thing. But Hugo too. And what the hell was Maé thinking of bringing Andrade here too. I am not ready for that. For him. For them” I say.

I couldn’t believe it when Maé had walked into my house with Andre by her side. Katia had texted me the day before saying “Don’t freak”. How did they hell did they expect me to react. I had only spoken to Hugo a few times in the last few weeks and we weren’t that friendly. But seeing Andre standing next to Maé. Standing where my papi should be. I couldn’t handle it. I stormed of to the gym and spent the next few hours working out.

Maé got angry with me and everyone seemed to be fighting. “Dolores wants you to get to know him I guess” Nuno shrugs. “This weekend is meant to be special and he ends up coming here and ruining it” I say. “It’s not ruined but arguing with your mother will ruin it. Just focus on Sunday” he says.

“As long as Lucy doesn’t back out. I had to beg her to be there when I tell them about the baby” I say. “Just don’t think her been there will make her want to be with you” he says. “I don’t. But it can’t help” I say and he sighs. “What?” I ask. “She’s going to be asked a million times why you and her are not together. And not just by your family. By everyone. That’s going to be hard for her” Nuno says. “It would be easier if she would give us another go” I mumble. “You lied to her. She thinks you cheated. And now for all purposes she’s stuck with you for the rest of her life” he says. “Well hopefully she’ll realise being stuck with me is a good thing” I say.

“You might be waiting a very long time for that to happen” he says. “Then I’ll wait. She loves me. Sooner or later she’ll remember how much she loved me” I say. “I hope so” Nuno says.

************************************Sunday********************************

I twist my phone in my hand as I sit on the step of my front door. I can’t be in that house any longer when they’re all been so friendly and chatty. Andrade is just so amazing according to them all. Not that I’ve barely spoken two words to that man. Thankfully he’s staying at a nearby hotel. I don’t think I could have handled him sleeping in the same room as Maé. Oh even thinking about it makes me sick. I look up when I hear a car coming up the drive. I smile in relief. She’s here. A couple of minutes later and she’s walking towards me. She looks gorgeous in her red coat.

“You do realise you live in England right. It’s a bit cold to be sitting out here” Lucy says. “I’d rather freeze then have to be around the amazing Andre” I say. “You’ve barely spoken to him Cris. At least be polite. For your mother sake if anything” she says. “And what about me. Seriously does no one care how I feel seeing him with Maé. In my house. Uninvited” I say. “Not telling you he was coming with them was unfair” she says.

She said that when I had phoned her to vent about his arrival. She had only answered the phone and I swear I didn’t let her get a word in for nearly twenty minutes. “And they’ve all met him and spent time with him. But your mother clearly wants you to get to know him. She’s happy” she says.

“Ya ya. If he makes her happy it’s a good thing. Ya I’ve heard all that before. I still don’t have to like him” I say. “Just be nice to him. Now if you are done acting like the baby of the family can we go inside cos it’s kind of cold” Lucy says. “Shit sorry. Ya let’s go in. Are you ok? How are you feeling?” Have you been resting?” I ask.

“Cris relax I’m fine. But if you keep asking me ever half an hour how am I you won’t be ok” she smiles. “Well I’m sure Matt, Josh, your Dad and everyone else who thinks I’ve trapped will help you hurt me” I say. “My Dad doesn’t think that. In fact his biggest worry is you putting his grandchild in a United jersey” she laughs. “You’d really kill me if I did that” he laughs as I take her coat.

“You ready?” I ask as she twists her fingers. “It will be fine” I say taking her hand and giving it a light squeeze. “Let’s go so” she says. “They’re all in the living room. I think. I didn’t tell them you were coming so they might be a little surprised” I say as we walk towards the living room. “Not the only surprise they’ll be getting today” she mumbles. “Lucy” I say stopping. “I’m fine. I’m just nervous. Let’s go” she says motioning me to walk. Marcosa comes running up to her feet and suddenly there’s a chorus of Lucys filling the room.

“What’s going on?” Elma asks. “Lucy I’m so glad you are here” Katia says. “Guys take it easy” I say. I knew they’d love to see Lucy but I didn’t think they would be this happy. “Lucy” someone shouts and we both turn around to see Rodrigo sprinting towards us. Well Lucy to be more precise. She drops to her knees and opens her arms out and he’s in her arms in a flash. She squeezes him tight and I realize how hard Lucy and I breaking up was on my family. And not just me.

“Did you miss me?” they ask at the same time as the break apart. “I missed you so much” Lucy says and I can see tears in her eyes. “As sweet as this all is dinner will be ready soon. So can you two just tell them already?” Nuno shouts from the kitchen.

“Tell us what?” Maé asks.
♠ ♠ ♠
How will Cristiano's family react when the hear there's going to be a new arrival? Should Cristiano listen to Nuno and not hope too much? Should Cristiano be angry with his family for bringing Andrade?

Thanks to ak9_sh , ariana_aemming and Jayme112234 for their comments.