Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 31- Celebration Time

Lucy’s Pov

"I feel sick" I say into the phone as I stand in my dressing gown looking at my wardrobe. "Jezz it's not like you haven't met them before" Elena says as I hold the phone against my shoulder. "Well this is different. This....." I stutter. "Changes things" she says. "Ya I'm actually having a member of their family now. Oh I don't know why I'm so nervous" I say. "Cos you haven't really seen or spoken to them properly since before you and Cris broke up. Cos you know you're going to be hit with a million questions about why you and Cris aren't back together" Elena says and I groan.

"I feel like I'm having the same conversation over and over again. About me and Cris's relationship" I say. "I thought there was no relationship" she says. "Elena you're not helping" I say. "Sorry I couldn't help myself. Go and enjoy. I bet they're going to be so happy" she says. "There's no point on betting on a sure thing" I mumble knowing Dolores especially will be happy. Well I think she will. What if she thinks I've trapped her son. She's a traditions. Is she going to hate me for not been married.

"Lucy stop thinking" Elena says making me stop. "Thing it like this. No matter what happens. You are guaranteed something" she says. "And what would that be?" I ask. "Decent food. If Nuno makes cake that good he's surely able to make a lovely lunch" she says. "Careful or you'll make me think you have a crush on Nuno" I joke. "Well" she says. "Elena!" I say. "Of course I don't. His cooking is good but Jack has other talents" she laughs. "Stop. I feel sick as it is" I say. "Have fun" she says. "Thanks Elena" I groan and throw the phone on the bed behind me.

For some reason I'm more nervous about this dinner than I was the first time I met them. I just hope there's no fighting. Cris was so furious the other night when he rang to vent about Andrade coming with his mother. And as I drive towards his front door, the sight of him sitting on the door step doesn't make me think that this is going to be fun.

“You do realise you live in England right. It’s a bit cold to be sitting out here” I say walking towards him. “I’d rather freeze then have to be around the amazing Andre” he says. Does his family realize how hard this is on him at all I think.

“You’ve barely spoken to him Cris. At least be polite. For your mother sake if anything” I say. “And what about me. Seriously does no one care how I feel seeing him with Maé. In my house. Uninvited” he says. “Not telling you he was coming with them was unfair” I say. It was more than unfair. They knew how badly he had reacted when he first found about Andrade. How could they just expect him to be ok with having Andrade in the house. “And they’ve all met him and spent time with him. But your mother clearly wants you to get to know him. She’s happy” I say.

“Ya ya. If he makes her happy it’s a good thing. Ya I’ve heard all that before. I still don’t have to like him” he says. Someday hopefully I think. “Just be nice to him. Now if you are done acting like the baby of the family can we go inside cos it’s kind of cold” I say. “Shit sorry. Ya let’s go in. Are you ok? How are you feeling?” Have you been resting?” he asks. “Cris relax I’m fine. But if you keep asking me ever half an hour how am I you won’t be ok” I smile.

I barley listen to the rest of his words as we make our way towards his living room. Please let this go ok I think. I don’t need another fight. “Lucy” I hear as I walk into the living room. Everyone is here. Dolores seated on the couch with who I assume is Andre. Katia, Elma even Hugo. Oh please let this be ok.

“What’s going on?” Elma asks. “Lucy I’m so glad you are here” Katia says. “Guys take it easy” Cris says. Lucy” I hear someone shout and I turn around to see Rodrigo rushing towards me with Zé following behind. Oh my cutie I think as I drop to my knees and he runs into my open and awaiting arms. “Did you miss me?” we both ask at the same time as the break apart and I can feel tears wanting to flow. “I missed you so much” I whisper to him as he smiles at me.

I bite my lip to stop the tears from flowing. I had only spoken to Rodrigo a couple of times in the past few weeks. I really did miss him.

“As sweet as this all is dinner will be ready soon. So can you two just tell them already?” I hear Nuno shout from the kitchen. “Tell us what?” Dolores asks.

"I'm going to kill my cousin" Cris mutters to me as he helps me stand. "No you won't" I say and he looks at me. "Who'll cook for you if you do?" I smirk and he laughs. "Excuse me. What do you have to tell us? Are you back together?" Dolores asks. Here we go I think.

"Lucy's pregnant" Cris blurts out and I look at him and he shrugs. I’m going to kill him. My attention is changed by the sudden chorus of screams coming from around the room. I watch as the three women scream and jump up and down hugging each other. Ok not exactly the reaction I was expecting.

Suddenly Elma and Katia are rushing towards me and Cris literally has to support me as their arms come crashing around me. "OMG this is fantastic" Katia grins. "Aww my baby brother is going to have a baby" Elma says wrapping her arms around her brother. "Ahm Lucy is the one who will be doing all the hard work" Katia says. "Girls will you give them some space" Dolores says standing in front of me.

"Congratulations. Both of you" she smiles. "I'm so happy you're are having my grandchild" she whispers into my ear and she hugs me and I can feel a sob in the back of my throat. As she warmly hugs Cristiano, Rodrigo walks up to me. I pick him up in my arms. "I'm still going to be your cutie?" he asks tilting his head. "Always" I say placing a kiss on his forehead. "Hey Rodrigo you're going to have a little cousin to play with" Zé says appearing behind me. "I'm not sharing my toys and I don't want a girl" he says which makes everyone laugh. "I think we all have some celebrating to do" Katia shouts.

"Finally we can eat" Zé says. "In a minute" Dolores says earing a huff from Zé. "When are you due? How long have you both known?" she asks. "Are ye back together?" Elma asks. "Ok people listen up" Nuno shouts and we all turn to face him in the kitchen.

"Lucy and Cristiano are having a baby. Everyone is happy about. They aren't getting back together. So everyone can stop asking that. Now since that's sorted, can we eat before my food goes cold" Nuno says. Blunt and straight to the point. Cheers Nuno. "I may help you kill him" I mumble to Cris. "But you should be together" Dolores chimes. "Maé don't. Let's just eat and celebrate" Cris says.

“How are you feeling?” Katia asks. “Oh my God you were in hospital” Dolores says. “I’m fine” I say. “And the baby is fine. Want to see?” Cristiano asks his mother and I watch as he pulls out the scan picture from his wallet. “Oh my baby is having a baby” Dolores smiles as she her eyes focus on the scan. “It’s so small” Elma says. “It’s still earlier days. We don’t want everyone knowing just yet” I say. “I understand. Oh this is so great” Katia hugs me.

“But you’re sure you are ok? Cris said you hit your head” Elma asks. “I’m fine really. I just wasn’t getting enough fluids. My morning sickness has eased now though. I fainted and hit my head. But really I’m fine” I say. “She’s resting and taking it easy” Cris smiles at me. “For the moment” I say. “Lucy come play with me” Rodrigo says. “Later Rodrigo. It’s time to eat” Nuno says. “After dinner” I whisper to the little boy in my arms placing a kiss on his cheek before placing his two feet on the ground.

“Let’s eat” Cris says and everyone starts to walk towards the dining room. “Told you it would be fine” Cris whispers into my ear as we walk. “I can’t believe you just blurted it out” I say shaking my head.

“Lucy sit next to me” Rodrigo shouts. “Of course” I smile as Dolores takes a seat next to me. “Oh Lucy this is Andrade” she says looking at the man next to her. “It’s nice to meet you” I say shaking his hand. “You too. Dolores hasn’t stopped raving about you since she met you” he says. “Wow so she can actually tell people about meeting new people. Must just be me she forgets to tell” Cris says and I turn to look at him as he takes a seat across the table.

“Cris” Katia warns. “I doubt Dolores has being raving about me” I say to Andrade. “Of course I have my dear. Who couldn’t?” Dolores smiles at me. “To be fair it was more how could her son cheat on you that she was ranting about” Hugo says taking a snip of his water. “Shut the- “Nuno what’s for dinner? I could eat a horse” I say interrupting Cris.

“Mama Lucy wouldn’t eat a horse would she” Rodrigo asks Katia and everyone laughs. I take a deep breath. The last thing we need is a fight between Cris and Hugo. “See she’s missed my cooking more than anything else” Nuno grins. “Not more than me” Rodrigo says. “I think you’ve missed my tickles” I say tickling him. “Why do you have him around again?” I ask rolling my eyes at Nuno and Cris. “Who’ll cook?” Cris smirks earning a swat in the back of the head by Nuno before he took his seat next to Cris.

I smile as everyone begins to eat and chat. It has been so long since I had this. Had them all around me. “Someone was hungry” Dolores says as I finish my plate. “What’s for desert?” I grin at Nuno. “I swear she only likes me for my cooking” Nuno says to Cris. “Here I was thinking it was for your bluntness” Cris says to him. “At least she finally I saw sense by dumping you” Hugo says.

“Nuno Cris and I will get desert” I say collecting my plate. “Lucy sit. You are the guest of honour” Dolores says. “I want first choice” I smile at her. “Before you say anything” Cris says following me into the kitchen. “No let me talk” I say placing the plate in the sink. “Remember all those times I got you to promise me not to fight with your brother. Could we go back to those times please?” I ask.

“In a flash since it would mean you and me would be together” he says. “Cheap shot Ronaldo” I say. “Sorry. And you’ve heard Hugo. How am I just meant to sit and listen to his crap?” he asks moving to the fridge. “The same way you are going to smile and be polite to Andrade Just grin and bare it. Please Cris. I’ve had enough of fighting with my sortish family. The last thing I need is to have you fighting with yours” I say as he places a chocolate cake on the counter top.

“Josh still acting like a jerk?” he asks. “Yes but I’m going to concentrate on the jerk in front of me right now” I say. “Me” he shouts. “Come on that cheap shot about your mother” I say. “Lucy” he starts to say but stops when Andrade walks into the room. “Nuno said there’s ice cream to be eaten too” he says. “I’m liking Nuno even more” I smile moving pass Cris to open the fridge. “I’ll take the cake in” he says.

“He’s not my biggest fan” Andrade says to me. “Which is funny since it’s usually him that people aren’t big fans of” I say more to myself then to Andre. “He’ll come around eventually when he sees how happy Dolores is. And she is. Well she was when I was around her a few months ago” I smile sadly.

“I do care about her. Very much so” he says. “Thanks good. Look Cris was hurt and angry about everyone knowing about you before him. He just has to get it around his head that you’re not replacing his father” I say. “I’m not” he replies. “I know that. You know that. Everyone knows that. And he’ll know that eventually. Just give him time” I say. “And don’t rush him” Andrade says.

“Exactly. It’s been a crazy few months” I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
The family know the news. What did you think of their reaction? Will Cris play nice with Andrade or will a fight start?

Thanks to kalamnamuhs123 , ak9_sh and Jayme112234 for their comments.