Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 33- Front Page News

Lucy’s Pov

"So it went ok?" Elena asks. "They were ecstatic. And I mean really ecstatic" I say fixing the phone against my shoulder. "So no need to have being nervous" she says . "Picture this. Everyone is so happy to see me and wondering why I am there. When Nuno shouts. Just tell them already cos he wanted to serve lunch. Cris tells them. Scream and shouts from his mother and sisters" I say.

"That's so sweet" she says. "It was but then" I say. "They asked" she interrupts. "Oh ya. Then Nuno yells. Their having a baby together but aren't couple so don't be asking them" I say. "He didn't" Elena laughs. "He did. I don't know who wanted to kill him more. Myself or Cris" I say. "He was just trying to help the two of ye I guess" she says. "I know but still come on like" I say turning my chair to look out the window. "So they still think you make a great daughter in law?" she asks.

"You know I'm concentrating on the baby. I can't have all the stuff with Cris wrecking my head" I sigh. "I do understand Lucy. You're struggling with trust issues too" she says. "Exactly. Anyway he has enough worries with his mother's relationship at the minutes to be trying to sort out his own" I say. "I know you don't want to hear it Lucy, but I can't see Cristiano giving up on having a relationship with you. Even more so now you're carrying his child" Elena says. "Elena" I say. "What's up with his mother?" she asks.

"Dolores brought the boyfriend with her. Let's just say Cris's anger over the phone was nothing like in person. I get where he's coming from though. It wasn't so long ago they had a huge fight when he found they all knew about this new guy" I say and pause. The night he told me he wanted me. "Luce. Are you still there?" she asks. "Ya sorry. Anyway Andre is nice. Well he was to me. Although I only spoke to him a couple of times since Dolores was taking all my attention. Plus Rodrigo" I laugh.

"Plus you didn't want to upset Cristiano by becoming all chummy with the guy he's having trouble getting around" she says. "I hate how well you know me sometimes" I mutter earning a laugh from Elena.

"Speaking of childish men. Have you spoken to Josh this morning?" she asks. "Well he came in again today so at least he heard me say about needing to sort his work life out. Pity he didn't hear or take heed to the rest of what I said. Josh had arrived into the office late Friday afternoon. I had gone into my office for ten minutes to grab something since I was meant to be resting. He walked straight past me as I stood waiting for the lift to open. I called out after him but he ignored me. Now he was in his office with Matt and was still acting like an ass.

"Luke might talk some sense into him" she says. "At least he congratulated me" I say. I had gotten a text from Luke the following day congratulating me and telling me Josh would calm down. I wasn't holding my breath on that one. "You're in very early though. It's not even 9 yet" she says. "I'm not over doing yet so relax. "I just woke early" smiling how I woke to eat a spoon of ice cream. "Well take a break soon. Have a coffee and read the paper. Although I hope you can find yours better than I can mine. It seems to have gone missing" she says.

"Well I've been relaxing talking to you" I say as I hear a knock on my office door. It opens and Matt pops his head in. "Elena I've got to go. I'll call you later" I say. "Lucy wait" she says. "Crap" I mutter knocking her call off.

"Hey Matt come in. Sorry I was just chatting to Elena and I knocked her off. And switched off the phone too. How are you?" I ask. "Think it's me who should be asking you that. Don't you think?" he asks. "I told you that I'm fine. I got a few days rest and now I just want to get on with work. I'm sorry if I frightened you the other day" I say. "So when were you planning on tell everyone?" he asks. "Tell everyone what?" I ask.

"Apparently congratulations are in order" he says throwing a newspaper on my desk. "I would say even the devil would be a better choice but ha he is one" he says as I read the newspaper in my hand. "Ron-A-Dad to be" the headline reads in big black letters.

"Oh my God" I whisper as my eyes scan the article. "Jezz Lucy I didn't think you were that stupid" he says. "I can't wait to be a grandmother. I hope my grandchild inherits all Cristiano's talents and skills. I can't wait to meet the baby" one line reads. I think I'm going to be sick. How does my mother know about the baby? Why would she go to a newspaper? Oh my God I think as the paper shakes in my hands. "You're stuck with him now" Matt says. The loud ringing of my work phone breaks my attention from the paper. My hand shakes as I move to answer it.

"Hello" I whisper. "Lucy. Don't ask why but please don't look at any newspaper. I'll explain when I see you" Cristiano yells down the phone. "She sold a story. About me. About the baby" I whisper. "Shit. Lucy I'm sorry. I just saw it. Damn it I didn't want you to see it before I could tell you" he says. "How? Why?" I ask. "Lucy just stay at your office until I get there. Or Elena. Just stay indoors" he says. "No one knew. No one knew who would even think about telling her" I say before gasping in realization. "Lucy" Cris shouts. "I.... I.." I stuttered dropping the phone on the desk.

"Lucy" Matt says as I push back my chair and grab the paper before storming past him. I make my way down the hallway, ignoring the looks and congratulations coming from people I past.

"You bastard" I yell barging into Josh's office. "I believe you are confusing me with that baby daddy of yours" Josh mutters not looking up from writing. "How could you?" I yell. "How could you tell my mother that I was pregnant?" I shout flinging the paper at him. "She's your mother. Plus I thought she needed to know what a stupid mistake you have made" he says.

"Do you realise what you have done?" I yell. "Oh she's so excited. I thought she would see what a foolish thing you have done but no apparently she loves footie boy" he says rolling his eyes. "Forget about Cris" I yell. "How could you tell her? I don't want anything to do with her. How could you think I would want her to know? She's just told the world that I'm pregnant" I yell. "Which is true" he says.

"She didn't even try to congratulate me. She went straight to a newspaper. Does not tell you what she's like?" I shout. "Like you would have spoken to her anyway. You have always been very hard on your mother" he says. "She's my mother Josh. I can speak to that bitch if I want to or not. I've told you enough times to stay out of my relationship with my mother" I yell as Elena comes rushing through the door.

"Oh Lucy I'm so sorry" she says. "Oh for heaven sake it was going to get out anyway. Count yourself lucky it was such a good story towards footie boy. If I had it my way it would have been very different" he scoffs. "It's still early days" I yell.

"Maybe you'll get lucky and loose the baby. Then footie boy would get lost" Josh says and my knees shake. I feel sick.

Did he just say that?

"Josh" Elena yells. "How could you say that?" she yells. "I..... I can't believe you just said that" I whisper as tears fall down my cheek. "It's the truth" he shrugs. "Lucy come on lets go" Elena says urging me to move but all I can do is stare at the man I've know for years. How could he say that? About my baby? I can't think of anything to say and I let Elena walk me out of the office.
"You should be ashamed of yourself right now Josh" she says as we leave.

"Oh my God" I say as my body shakes and I struggle to catch my breath. "It will be ok Lucy. Let's get you home" Elena says wrapping her arm around my shoulders. "Elena" Matt calls out as he comes running towards us. "Her bag and phone" he says handing them to Elena as his eyes watch me. "Is she ok?" he asks. "My friend thinks it would be a good thing if I lost my baby. No Matt I'm not ok" I yell as I gasp for a breath.

"Come on Lucy. Let's get out of here" Elena says. "I want- "He's meeting us at your place" she says. "It wasn't meant to be like this" I say. "I know. I know. Let's just get you home" she says as we walk to the lift. I ignore all the looks as I cry walking to a taxi. As we pull up outside my apartment building, there's a crowd of photographers at the entrance.

"Oh God I can't deal with them" I cry. "It's ok. Put these sunglasses on and we'll walk really quickly ok" she says and I nod. As we walk towards the door, they start to shout and I'm glad I have the sunglasses on as their flashes continue.

"Piss off" I hear someone shout and I feel a hand on my back. "You're almost there" he whispers as the door opens as we rush into the building. "Bloody hell they already have the story why the hell are they here" Elena says as I lean against the wall of the lobby.

"Lucy" Cris says when I bang my hand of the wall. "Let's go upstairs" Elena says as one of my neighbours appears. I walk slowly to my apartment and Elena and Cris follow me into the living room. "Lucy I'm so sorry. I didn't know until Wazza and Rio arrived at my house this morning with the paper. Jorge said they didn't even ring to confirm it" he says.

"Why would they need to do that? My mother told them. My own mother" I shout. "Lucy" he says. "Josh told her. He's meant to be my friend and he tells the one person I never want anything to do with again" I yell. "I'm so sorry" he says moving closer to me.

"I hate her. I hate her" I cry as his arms come around my body. "I'm so sorry" he whispers as I cry. "I can't believe he could be so cruel. He was lucky I didn't punch him" Elena says slamming her bag onto the kitchen table.

"He was shocked. He wasn't to know her mother would phone a newspaper" Cris says as I hold him tighter. "I wasn't referring to that" Elena mutters and he pulls back a little.

"What else happened?" he asks lifting my chin. "I can't even say it" I say wrapping my arms around myself. "Elena?" he turns to her. "He said she would be lucky if she lost the baby" Elena says. "Oh God" I cry and fall to the ground.

"Lucy" the both shout. I sit on the floor and cry not believing Josh could have said that. "I'm going to kill him" Cris yells moving to the door.

"Cristiano stop" Elena says standing in front of him. "Do you expect me to let him get away with saying that? Do you not see how upset Lucy is? That's because of him" he yells. "And instead of going to punch him maybe you should concentrate on comforting the mother of your child" she says. I feel him pull me towards him as his hands come around my waist.

"It will be ok. I promise. I won't let them hurt you" he whispers as I sit numb on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for her comment.