Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 34- The Baby Is Top Priority

Cris’s Pov

"I thought we were friends" Wazza says coming into the kitchen. "Hey guys. What are you two doing here so early?" I ask as Wayne and Rio walk further into my kitchen. I had training in a while and would be seeing them then. "You better make sure the kid doesn't support Liverpool" Rio says. "Kid?" I ask my stomach dropping, They can't know. "What kid?" I ask. "It's a bit late to be acting dumb with us Ronnie. Especially now it's in this" Rio says throwing a paper at me. "You could have told us. I thought we were mates yet we had to find out from a paper" Wazza says as my eyes glance over the paper.

"Shit" I say. "You did know. Right. I figured that's the reason you were so worried when you found out Lucy was in hospital last week" Wayne says. "And why you were in such a good mood the past few days" Rio says. "Cris" Nuno shouts rushing into the room. "Jorge is on the phone" he shouts. "I already know" I yell searching for my phone in my pocket.

"Damn it" I say when I get no answer from Lucy's phone. "That bitch" I shout. "Ronaldo" Maé shouts coming into the room. "Hello gentlemen" she says to my teammates. "What's the matter?" she asks as I try Lucy's phone again. "The press know about the baby" Nuno says to her. "Oh no. But Lucy wanted to wait until she was 12 weeks to tell people" she says. "That was before her bitch of a mother told them" I yell throwing the paper somewhere. I don't care where. "She didn't" Maé says in shock. "Jorge just rang. He said they didn't even ask for confirmation. I won't even say what he said about not been told sooner himself" Nuno says. "I don't care about Jorge. Damn it Lucy answer your phone" I say.

"I don't get what the problem is" Rio says. "Don't Rio" Wayne says as I scroll through my phone book to find Elena's number. "Elena" I say when she answers. "Cris the papers" she says. "I know I just saw. I can't get through to Lucy" I say. "I was just talking to her. She's at work. I just saw the article but she had hung up and her phone is off" she says. "Go to her office. Make sure she is ok and take her back to her apartment. I'll meet you both there" I say hanging up.

"Shit shit shit" I yell banging my fist on the worktop. "I need to speak to Lucy Smith right now" I say into the phone after dialling her office number. "Who can I say is speaking?" the woman asks. "Just put me through to her office. Please it’s urgent" I say.

"Can you please not yell at me?" she asks. "I'm not yelling at you I just want to talk to Lucy" I shout as Wayne takes the phone out of my hand. "I'm sorry about my friend, he doesn't mean to shout. But could you please put me through to her office. It's very important" Wayne says into the phone. "She's putting you through now" Wayne says handing me back the phone.

""Hello" she whispers. Oh thank God. "Lucy. Don't ask why but please don't look at any newspaper. I'll explain when I see you" I say. "She sold a story. About me. About the baby" she whispers. "Shit. Lucy I'm sorry. I just saw it. Damn it I didn't want you to see it before I could tell you" I say. "How? Why?" she asks. "Lucy just stay at your office until Elena. Just stay indoors" I say. "No one knew. No one knew who would even think about telling her" she says. "Lucy" I say. "I.... I.." she stutters and I hear the receiver crash against something.

"Damn it" I mutter. "Is she ok? How could her mother do this to her?" Maé says holding the paper in her hand. I move to grab my keys. "Where are you going?" Wayne asks. "To see Lucy" I say.

"Wait what about training?" Rio asks. "Screw training" I yell. I drive as fast as I can to Lucy's apartment and see a bunch of paps there. I quickly jump out of my car when I see Lucy and Elena walking towards the entrance. "You're almost there" I whisper placing a gently hand on her back “Bloody hell they already have the story why the hell are they here" Elena says. This is all my fault. They wouldn't be here only because of me.

"Lucy" I say as she bangs her hand off the wall. She's shaking. "Lucy I'm so sorry. I didn't know until Wazza and Rio arrived at my house this morning with the paper. Jorge said they didn't even ring to confirm it" I say as we walk into her living room. "Why would they need to do that? My mother told them. My own mother" she shouts. "Lucy" I say.

"Josh told her. He's meant to be my friend and he tells the one person I never want anything to do with again" she yells. "I'm so sorry" I say moving to hold her. How could he have done that to his friend?. "I hate her. I hate her" she cries. "I can't believe he could be so cruel. He was lucky I didn't punch him" Elena says slamming her bag onto the kitchen table. "He was shocked. He wasn't to know her mother would phone a newspaper" I say as Lucy grips me.

"I wasn't referring to that" Elena mutters. "What else happened? “I ask and lift Lucy's chin so she's looking at me. "I can't even say it" she says. What the hell happened today? "Elena?" I ask turning to look at her. "He said she would be lucky if she lost the baby" Elena says. "Oh God" Lucy cries out and the next thing I know she's on the ground. "I'm going to kill him" I say heading to the door. "Cristiano stop" Elena says standing in front of me. "Do you expect me to let him get away with saying that? Do you not see how upset Lucy is? That's because of him" I yell. He did this to her I think. "And instead of going to punch him maybe you should concentrate on comforting the mother of you child" she says.

I know Elena is right but I still want to hurt Josh. I look back at Lucy and my heart breaks for her. She lost Tina and now Josh has betrayed her. How much more can she take? "It will be ok. I promise. I won't let them hurt you" I whisper as I sit behind her.

Our phones ring aloud but neither of us attempts to answer them. She is so frightened she will lose the baby. People knowing this earlier was not something she wanted. "Cris I can stay with her" Elena says a while later. "I'm staying here" I mutter placing a kiss on Lucy's head. "I...I..."Lucy stutters and moves to stand. "Wait Lucy" I say hoping she doesn't fall again.

"Can I get you anything?" Elena asks as we both watch Lucy move to sit on the couch. "How could she sell a story about her own daughter?" she says. "She's a horrible woman" I say. "And Josh?" she asks. "Will have a very sore face when I see him" I say. "Wait Cris don't you have training?" she asks as I take a seat next to her. "It doesn't matter" I say. "Yes it does. You'll get in trouble" she says. "Lucy stop worrying. It's fine" I say. I know I'll be in deep shit with the gaffer but I'll just hope he understands.

"I'll leave you both alone. I'll phone later" Elena whispers to me as Lucy stares blankly at the wall. I nod. "Lucy" I say. "How could he have said that?" she asks. "I'm sorry. This is all my fault" I say. "No it's not. You didn't make Josh think that not to mind say that" she says. "I'm still sorry it's all over the papers" I say.

"She was at Tina's funeral" Lucy says. "Ya I forgot to tell you" I say. "You forgot?" she asks. "I didn't think it was important. Your Dad and I made it clear she should stay away from you" I say. "I can't believe the nerve of that woman to show up. To sell a story about how she couldn't wait to see her grandchild. To be a grandmother" Lucy says angrily. "Lucy you don't have to see her. To speak to her" I say.

"The baby only has one grandmother Cris. And that's Dolores. Promise me you won't fight me on that. I can't have that woman anywhere near my baby. She only brings pain" she says looking at me. "I promise. I'm so sorry all this keeps happening to you" I say pulling her to me.

"I'd hate to think what the next few months will bring?" she mutters. "Loads of cake" I joke and she laughs resting her head on my shoulder. "Why can't things just be simple?" she asks. "I don't know. But no matter what happens with Josh-

The baby is my priority. I'll try not to get upset" she says. "I hate to see you upset. Even more when I know I'm the cause of most of it" I mumble and she lifts her head. "You don't have to stay. If you leave now you could make most of training" she says. "I'm going nowhere. Do you want something to eat?" I ask and she shakes her head. "I think I might go lie down for a little bit. My head hurts" she says. "It's been a busy morning" I say.

"What do you want to do?" I ask. "I don't know" she says. "Let's see what's on TV then" I say flicking on the TV. Soon she falls asleep and I sit and listen at her soft breaths. Her phones rings. I reluctantly move away from Lucy and see its her Dad on the phone. "Hello Sir" I say into the phone as I walk towards Lucy’s bedroom.

"Cristiano?" he asks. "Yes. Lucy is asleep. It's been an eventful morning" I say. "I know. I got woken by phone calls from people I know in London congratulating me about Lucy having a baby. What the hell was that woman thinking?" he shouts. "She clearly wasn't. If she thought Lucy would eventually talk to her at some point then after today that won't be happening. She hates her" I say. "Who even told her? I certainly didn't. And Lucy said not many people knew" he says.

"Josh did" I say. "When will he learn to but out? He's always tried to push Lucy into talking to Lilly" he says. "Well right now I want to push him over a cliff" I mutter. "What did he do?" he asks. "Told Lucy she would be lucky if she lost the baby" I say still not believing he could have said that. "What?" Liam shouts. "I know he hates that she's having a baby with me. But why kind of person says that? Lucy is supposed to be his friend" I say.

"How is Lucy? She must be so upset" he says. "She was just in shock I guess" I say. "Can you get her to phone me when she wakes up? I want to know she's ok" he says. "Sure I will" I say. “This is going to hurt her Cristiano” he says. “I know. And I can’t help but worry about her” I say. "Just take care of my daughter Cristiano" he says. "I will Sir. I promise" I say. "Congrats by the way. On the baby. But remember if you hurt my daughter or grandchild I will hurt you" he warns.

“I understand” I say. I take a seat on the edge of Lucy’s bed and hold my head in my hands. How could Josh and her mother do this? Lucy has been through so much in her life. And I haven’t made it any easier on her. I stare around the room and sigh. My mind can’t help thinking back to all the happy times I spent in here with Lucy. I just hope I get to experience those times again.

“Cris” I hear Lucy say quietly as I enter her living room. “Hey” I say as she runs her hand through her hair. “How long was I asleep?” she asks. “Less than hour” I say. “Oh” she says surprised. “Can I get you anything?” I ask taking a seat next to her. She snuggles into my shoulder. “I’m not hungry” she says sleepily. “You Dad phoned. He knows about the story. He wanted to know how you were” I say. “After everything she has done, I doubt he’s shocked that she did this” she says. “I told him what Josh said just so you’re prepared. I was angry. Sorry” I say. “It’s ok. But I don’t really want to think about Josh” Lucy says. “Then lets sit and watch some TV then” I say. “Ya” she says and I put my arm around her and pull her closer to my side.

Her doorbell rings just as the episode of friends takes a break and I groan. “We’ve seen this a dozen times. Ross comes back to the coffee shop door and they kiss for the first time” Lucy laughs. “I like it. Shows they are meant to be together” I say. “Go get the door” she says sitting up. “Just to warn you, if that’s Josh I will be hitting him” I say standing. “Trust me it won’t be him. Now go. Whoever it is, their starting to get impatient” she says as the bell gets louder.

“Maé what are you doing here?” I ask when I open the door. “Why do you think?” she mutters brushing past me and heads down the hall. “She was worried about Lucy. And you. You weren’t answering her calls” Andrade says hovering in the doorway. “I was a bit busy” I say. “That’s what I told her” he says. “I suppose we should go see them” I say stepping back to let him in. I don’t know what to say a man I barely know.

“Amm I got the impression that Lucy was an ice cream fan. I thought she might need a bit of cheering up after today” he says holding a bag in the air. “Thanks. That’s really nice of you” I say truthfully. “Your mother is making some soup” Lucy says sitting at the table. “She’s fussing. I’ll tell her to stop. Sorry” I say.

”Don’t be” she smiles as I take a seat next to her. “You’re lucky to have her. She could be like my mother” she says sadly as she wipes her cheeks with her sleeve. “Luce” I say. “I’m fine. Oh hi again Andre” she half smiles. “Hello Lucy” he replies. “Andrade brought you some ice cream” I say. “Thank you” she says to him.

“It was nice of him” I whisper and Lucy turns and smiles at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to ak9_sh and Jayme112234 for their comments.