Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 53- Can A Simple Knock Change Things For Good?

Cris’s Pov

I notice the time on Lucy’s clock and groan at the thought of having to move. I look at her face resting on the pillow. She’s looks so peaceful. There was something about her last night that I couldn’t understand. The way she was on the phone.

I kiss her softly on her forehead and slip out of the bed trying not to wake her. I grab my clothes and head to her bathroom to get dressed. After one last glance at Lucy in her bed, I head out of her room. “Lucy” I hear a female voice call out as I make my way towards the living room. “Sssh” I say as I see Elena. “Good morning Cristiano” she whispers. “Hi Elena” I whisper.

“I came to have breakfast and check up on Lucy. But I can see you beat me to it. Last night” she says clearly knowing what happened between Lucy and I last night. “She’s asleep” I say. “She hasn’t had much of that lately” Elena says. “Why do you say that?” I ask. “Just from the way she has being. What are you doing Cris?” she asks. “Looking for my keys” I say finding them on the table.

“I meant with Lucy. You and her clearly didn’t snuggle last night and it wasn’t the first time” she says. “Elena I’m not discussing my sex life with you” I say. “There’s more than just you and her to think about Cris. She’s said it enough times herself” she says. “And the baby doesn’t deserve to have its parents together?” I ask. “And do you think last night means you and Luce are back together?” she asks. “I don’t know what to think” I say. “Really?” she asks. “Ok no. I know it doesn’t mean what I want it to mean ok. But it’s a lot better than where I stood a few weeks ago” I say.

“Cris she’s not thinking straight” she says. “You think there’s something bothering her. Something other than me” I ask. “She hasn’t being herself. She was in a different planet yesterday” Elena says. “She found out that my mother has breast cancer. Lucy convinced Maé to tell me” I say. “She was worried about you alright. And I’m sorry to hear about Dolores” Elena says. “Thank you” I say wishing it wasn’t true. “Cris I just don’t want her to get hurt any more than she already has being. Or you” Elena says. “We just have to keep an eye on her. Bye” I sigh before leaving.

*********************************Thursday**************************************

“Any word from Lucy?” Nuno asks as I place my phone on the coffee table. “She’s feeling better” I say. Lucy had skipped lunch on Sunday saying she couldn’t stomach being around food. I just don’t know if it was me she couldn’t stomach being around. Any of our conversations since Sunday night have been short and brief. She had sounded tired and said she was busy with work.

“Oh that rain” Elma groans as she enters the kitchen. “There’s meant to be a storm tonight” Nuno says. “It’s May. Where is the sun?” she asks. “You’re not in Portugal now Elma” I say. “Well I wish I was. Seriously the roads are really bad. There’s so much water on the roads. I heard that there has been a least four accidents today already according to the radio” Elma says. “And I had to leave the gate open cos the power keeps coming at going to it” Nuno says.

“Have you spoken to Lucy today?” Elma asks. “Why?” I ask. “I phoned her today but she told me she would phone me back and never did. She sounded a little upset and pissed” she says. “And you only tell me this now” I say reaching for my phone. “Don’t Cris. It’s late. You said it yourself that she hasn’t been sleeping. You don’t want to wake her up” Nuno says. “Ok. I’ll phone her in the morning. I’m going to bed” I say heading to the stairs.

Later in the night I hear Marcosa bark and I can hear the front door ringing. “Shut up Marcosa” I groan looking at the clock. The door keeps ringing and I get out of the bed. “So you’re not deaf then” Nuno snaps when I meet him at the top of the stairs. “Go answer it before Maé wakes up” I say as he stomps down the steps. Who the hell could be at the door at this time of night? I walk to a window which overlooks the driveway a little but I can only see a little light.

Is it blue?

“Cristiano” Nuno yells and my stomach drops.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who is at the door?

Thanks to Jayme112234 for her comment.