Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 58- It Stops Now

Cristiano’s Pov

“Hey” Nani says as I get into the passenger side of his car. “I need to make a stop on the way” I say. “Where?” he asks. “Just drive. I’ll tell you when to turn” I snap. “You ok?” he asks. “Fine and dandy” I mutter. Twenty minutes later and the car pulls up outside the apartment building. “What are we doing here?” Nani asks. “Just wait here. This won’t take lng” I say climbing out of the car. I somehow get into the building and I somehow remember which door I’m looking for and find it. I start banging my fists on the door.

“What the.. Cristiano” Luke says in surprise once the door opens. “Is he here?” I ask pushing past Luke. “Is who?” I hear Luke ask as I make my way further into the apartment. “What was all the banging?” Josh asks as he turns to face me. Before he can say another word I grab him by his shirt. “Hey get away from him” Luke shouts. “Let go of me you asshole” Josh yells. “You listen to me” I say pushing him back a little before pulling him back towards me. “You can hate me. You can detest me. You can call me whatever you like” I yell. “Let go” he yells.

“But hurting Lucy stops now” I yell. “Oh please” he scoffs. “He wouldn’t hurt Lucy” Luke says. “You told her that she’s forgetting Tina” I yell at Josh. “She is” he screams. “Ok enough” Luke says prying at my hands on Josh’s shirt. “Get out of my house” Josh yells as I let the shirt go. “I’m calling the police” Josh says picking up his phone but Luke grabs it from him. “Josh just calm down” Luke says. “He barraged into my house” Josh yells.

“And you’re trying to destroy Lucy” I shout. “Of course he’s not. He’s just a little upset at her at the moment. Lucy is his friend” Luke says. “Does he treat all his friends like he’s being treating Lucy the past few months cos if so I’d be surprised he has any” I say. “She stopped being the Lucy I know when you came into our lives and killed my sister” Josh shouts. “Josh” Luke says in shock. “You told her she’s forgetting Tina” I yell pointing at Josh.

“She wants to get rid of her things. She wants to wipe all memory of my sister” Josh yells.
“Do you have any idea what you are doing to her?” I ask. “Me. You’re the one who lied and cheated on her. It’s you who hurt her not me” Josh shouts. “She’s being having nightmares. She’s not being eating. Not sleeping. All she can think about is Tina. She blames herself” I say. “It is her fault” Josh snaps. “Josh stop” Luke says.

“She drove to my house last night in the middle of the night” I yell. “In that storm?” Luke asks. “Anything could have happened to her? Anything could have happened to my baby. She doesn’t need you trying to destroy her cos you’ve already done it” I yell. “Josh” Luke says to him. “She can’t sleep. She can’t think. She can’t stop thinking about Tina. About Lacey” I yell.

“That’s not my fault” he yells. “It will be your fault if something happens to her and our baby” I yell. “I pity that baby having you as a father” he yells. “The way you keep pushing Lucy the baby won’t be around cos Lucy won’t be” I snap. “Ok you two need to calm down. Josh is just upset Cris. He isn’t trying to hurt Luce” Luke says. “Well he sure as hell is doing a good job at it” I snap. “Get out of my house” Josh yells. “And if it’s not hurting her with your words then you try and get your journalist mate to tell the world that I cheated on her” I yell. “You did what?” Luke asks. “Do you really think she needs to read all that stuff? Have everyone talk about her? Have the knowledge that one of her closest friends is trying to wreck her life” I yell. “I’m not wrecking her life” he yells.

“If anything happens to Lucy and my baby because of you, you will regret it” I yell. “Oh please she’s just looking for some attention” he scoffs. “Lucy has being like a sister to him. Right?” I ask Luke. “Yeah” he nods.

“Well congrats Josh cos the way you are going you’re going to end up burying another sister” I scream and leave the two men standing shocked in the middle of the room.

I spend the rest of the night trying not to picture what could have happened to Lucy as she drove to my house the night before. After winning the match I head home after the late match. “Hey” Nuno says as I walk into the living room. “Hey” I say taking a seat. “Good match” he says. “Ya it was fine” I sigh. “She’s upstairs. They both are. Dolores is a bit tired after the chemo” he says. “I wish I could have been there” I say. “She wouldn’t want you fussing. Elma and Lucy were with her” he says. “I should go up and talk to her” I say standing. “It will get easy mate” he says. “Everything keeps going around in circles” I mutter. I stop at my room and open the door to find Lucy asleep under the covers. So peaceful. After a quick chat with Maé I decide to give Lucy some more space. We hadn’t spoken since she stormed out of the room the other day after the article problem. I’m flicking through the channels on the TV in the room next to Nuno when the door opens and I see Lucy. “Hi” I say surprised to see her at the door.

“What are you doing in here?” she asks. “I thought you…I didn’t think you wanted me to….I was giving you some space” I say. “Oh” she says. “What are you doing up?” I ask hoping she hasn’t had another nightmare. “I was going downstairs for a snack” she says. “Why aren’t you asleep? You were out cold when I came home” I say. “You checked in on me” she asks? “Of course” I say. I eventually get her into the bed next to me.

“I’m packing up Tina’s stuff tomorrow” she says. “You are?” I ask not thinking it was a good idea. “Yes. It’s time” she says but I’m not convinced. “But” I say. “I need to do it tomorrow. I know I scared you the other night. And I am sorry. But to get my head at least some bit sane then I need to do this” she says. “Ok” I say. “Ok” she says.

“What about Josh?” I ask knowing the man won’t be happy. “I…It’s his own fault” she says. “I’m sure he will regret telling your journalist friend” I say not giving up hope that Josh will see sense. “I really don’t care anymore” she says. “Yes you do. You’re just angry and sad” I say.

“Luce” Elena says as we stand and watch Lucy as she stands at Tina’s bedroom door the following morning. She turns around to look at us. “Luce you don’t have to do this today” I say. “Yes I do” she whispers. “Cris” Elena says to me. “Let’s get started so” I say. “Cris she’s not ready” Elena hisses at me. “She wants to do this today. So we are doing it” I tell Elena before taking a step towards Lucy.

“Are you sure about this?” I ask her. “I need to do it” she says. “I’ll be right here with you” I say placing a kiss on her forehead. “Let’s do this” she says opening the door. She takes a deep breath and takes a step into the room.

“Josh should be here” Elena whispers next to me. “He needs a good kick up the ass” Jack mutters. “Forget about Josh. This is about Tina. And about helping Lucy. So let’s do this” I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Was Cris too hard on Josh? Will Josh see what he has being doing? Will Lucy be able to cope with sorting through Tina's things.

Thanks to ak9_sh and Jayme112234 for their comments.