Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 61- I Will Talk To Him-Just Not Right Now

Lucy’s Pov

“I knew you would be the first one down when you smelt the food” Nuno jokes as I place my bag and the framed jersey on the couch. “What are you making?” I ask him. “Whatever your heart desires” he jokes. “Mmm” I say tapping my finger against my lip. “How about a Clooney Gosling sandwich” I joke. “Clooney really?” he asks. “What? I’ll always have a soft spot for Dr. Doug Ross. Plus he gets better with age” I wink.

“Who get’s better with age?” I hear Cris ask as I take a seat on a stool. “George Clooney apparently” Nuno says. “Hey you said I could have whatever my heart desired. If I can’t have a Clooney/Gosling sandwich I guess scrambled eggs would do” I smile. “That I can do” he says as he busies himself with a pan. “You were quick coming down” I say to Cris as he takes a seat next to me. “Didn’t want you eating all my breakfast” he smirks and I gave him a small push. “Are you sure you are up to going to work today?” he asks. “Yes” I say and he raises an eyebrow. “I feel great” I smile. “You look it” Nuno says and Cris glares at him. “Thank you Nuno. Stop glaring at you cousin” I whisper to Cris. “I wasn’t” he mumbles.

“Mana” Elma yawns coming into the kitchen. “Good morning” I smile. “Maé not up yet?” Cris asks. “She was on the phone when I checked” Elma says. “Is she ok?” he asks and I feel for him. He’s worrying over his mother and then I cause even more worry for him. “She’s getting there” Elma says. “Has she asked Andrade to come visit yet?” I ask. “I’m not sure she’ll ask him just yet” Elma says. “Why not?” Cris asks. “She’s probably wants to make sure that you don’t change your mind about him staying here” I say. “Exactly” Elma says. “Well I won’t” he says. “I don’t think any of us was expecting you to suggest he stay” I say. “Ya you certainly know how to surprise people little brother” Elma smiles and I nod in agreement. That he certainly does I think. “Well it doesn’t mean I’m going to be best friends with the guy” Cris says.

“Speaking of friends. I hear Josh decided to stop being a dickhead” Nuno says and I laugh at his bluntness. “Nuno” Cris hisses. “Yes he did Nuno” I say. “Don’t know how you can forgive him so easily” Nuno shrugs. I get where he is coming from. Josh has hurt me. But he’s Tina’s brother and my friend. And I need my friends around me. “Sometimes forgiving the people you love is the best thing” Elma says looking at me. “How are my eggs coming Master Chef?” I ask Nuno. “Coming up” he says. “You know Maé has more treatment tomorrow” Elma says. “Ya I know” Cris says sadly. “You know what be nice?” she asks. “Would it involve having Andrade fly over by any chance” he says and I pause with the fork in the air as he smiles at me. “That could be a nice thing” I smile. “Y

ou eat” he says. “And you stop worrying. About Dolores. About me. I promise I won’t do anything stupid like Thursday night again” I whisper. “You had your reason to act stupid just phone me instead. Night or day. Ok? I’m not going anywhere Luce” he says placing a kiss on my forehead. “Well I haven’t managed to shake you off in the past few months so” I smile. “Well aren’t you lucky that you’ll have me around for at least another eighteen years then” he grins and I frown. “Jezz sorry that sounds so bad” he says. “What? No the baby just gave me a hard kick” I say placing his hand on my bump. “Probably wants the two of you to shut up and eat breakfast” Nuno says and we both turn to find Nuno, Elma and Dolores watching us. “Dolores you up” I say. “Yes I am. You and my son must have being too busy talking to notice” she smiles.

"Well this is a lovely sight to see" Elena says and I look up to find her at my office door. "Hey Elena" I smile. "Look at you two all friendly" she says as Josh moves to stand. "I was a big huge enormous ass and I know that" he says. "And it's in the past" I say. "Luce I don't except you to forgive so easily" he says. "Well I need to. I'm sick of fighting and dragging over the past. I just want to enjoy having my friends around me and concentrate on this pregnancy" I say. "Well I'm still sorry. Now I must get some work done if I'm skipping out early. Enjoy lunch" he says. "We will. I'm starving" I say. "I bet Cris is happy to hear you say that" Elena says. "I swear I'll kill him if he asks if I'm hungry or ok one more time today. See three texts and its only lunch time" I say holding up my phone.

"I'll say one thing about Ronaldo. If there's one person he cares about more than himself than its you Luce" Josh says. "Oh Josh since you've being out of the loop for a bit let me fill you in on their whole whatever" Elena smirks at me. "Elena" I say. "Shush you" she says. "What have I missed? It's clear that Ronaldo wants you back" Josh says to me. "Ah but Luce doesn't want to have to deal with her own feelings so she'll change the subject if you bring it up" Elena says. "Elena my head has being all over the place this last few months plus I'm pregnant. I'm not making decisions that I might end up regretting" I say.

"I know Luce. I just...I just want you to not give up on the idea of the three of you being a little family" she says. "You just want the fairy-tale ending" I say. "Yes" she smiles. "Fairy tales aren't true Elena" I say. "They can be" she replies. "Elena just let her be. They seem to be getting on. Just let them work it out themselves" Josh says. "Oh their getting on very well alright" Elena smirks at me. "What?" Josh asks confused. "I may have done more than kiss him these past few weeks" I mutter and he frowns. "Ah Luce" he says. "I thought you were ok with them now" Elena says.

"I....Look I know I was wrong to blame him for everything with Tina but have you forgotten the reason they broke up in the first place. He cheated on her" Josh says to Elena and my stomach sinks with the thought of Merche standing in that horrible jersey. "I know but" Elena says. "Are you telling me that you would take Jack back if he lied and cheated on you?" he asks. "Hell no" Elena says. "But it's ok for Lucy. Forget about the baby. Sure it would be best if it grew up with both its parents together, but plenty of children grow up perfectly happy with separated parents" Josh says. "I know that. There's just always been..." she sighs. "Something fishy about the whole thing" I say and the both turn to look at me. "Ya still here. You know the one you're talking about" I say. "Sorry" Josh mumbles.

"What do you mean fishy?" Elena asks. "The whole thing doesn't make sense. Like I've thought it over and over in my head. And sure I've come up with the conclusion that he didn't cheat and then I change my mind. But when would he have met her? He was always with me. And if it had being going like months like she had said why wasn't he making excuses or always on his phone" I say. "But then why was she at his house that day?" Josh asks. "I don't know. And then the fact that she rang him. It's just" I say. "You're thinking clearer about the whole thing" Elena says. "I've always had doubt about it" I say. "Yes you have. And something has always happened to stop you acting on that doubt" she says.

"Does it really matter if he cheated or not anymore?" I ask. "I think it does to you" she says. "Honestly, I don't think he did" I say. "Are you serious?" Josh asks. "I think deep down I've always known" I say. "Then why was she at the house?" Josh asks. "I don't know. But I don't think Cris knows either. You weren't there Josh. You didn't see his surprise when she walked in. I don't know" I say shaking my head. I swear I've being having the same conversation for the last five months I think. "You should talk to him Luce" Elena says. "You're forgetting that he lied to me Elena. I didn't need to pretend to be his girlfriend in the first place" I say. "But he did explain why he did it" she says.

"What stupid reason did he give?" Josh asks. "Jezz Josh you have missed a lot" Elena says before she began to tell him the story about how Cris first saw me. "Oh Lord the boy is such a sap" he says once Elena has finished. "It's sweet" Elena says. "It's a year yesterday since it happened" I smile. "Time has gone by so fast" Elena says. "Ya he said the frame could be an anniversary present of sorts. Kind of felt bad. I barely knew it was May not to mind the date" I say.

"To be fair you were never aware of what happened that day. It probably means more to him. Seeing the love of his life for the first time. Surely September would be your anniversary?" Elena asks. "Ok I've had enough of this girly chat so I'm going to head" Josh says. "Hey if you had copped on earlier that you were hurting Luce you would know all of this stuff already" Elena smiles at him. "Ya well I guess I needed a wakeup call from someone to see sense" he mutters. "Who?" I ask. "Ask your baby dadda. I'm out of here" he says walking out the door.

"What did Cris do?" I ask Elena. "I don't know" she shrugs. "Well I intend to find out" I say. "So what are you going to do about the whole did he actually cheat or didn't he?" she asks. "Nothing. Right now" I say before she can say anything. "I will talk to him. Just not right now. For once things are going ok and well I think we need to stop thinking about just the two of us and concentrate on the baby and on Dolores. But I will sit down and talk to him about it. But it's not just the cheating Elena. You know I hate being lied to" I say.

"You lied to us about dating him in the first place" she says. "You know why" I say. "And you know he had his own reasons for lying about having you pretend to be his girlfriend" she says. "Are we going for lunch?" I say. "You know I'm right" she says. "I know Elena. Now lets eat" I say standing from behind my desk.

"Hello Lucy" Andrade says from the couch as I walk into Cris's living room. "Hi" I say in surprise. "Surprised to see me?" he laughs. "So quickly yes" I smile. "I wanted to be with Dolores" he says. "Well I bet she's happy that you are here" I say. "Cristiano is in the dining room" he says. "Thanks. I’ll see you in a bit” I say turning to back down the hallway.

I knock gently on the dining room door as I open it slowly. "Hi" I say as Cris looks up from the table with a smile on his face. "Hey" he says dropping the pen from his hand. "Surprised to see me?" I ask shutting the door. "What no no...well sort of. I didn't think you were so keen to stay here when you've been here the past few days" he stutters.

"I brought something to help Dolores with her nausea. Not that it worked that well for me. But then I'm odd" I smile. "I like your oddness" he says. "Well the lady in the shop said it was the best from nausea due to chemo so" I shrug. "Thanks Luce" he says. "So what are you doing?" I ask looking down at the messy table. "Signing autographs. It was quiet so I thought I'd get some done" he says. "So Andrade is here I see" I say. "Yup" he sighs. "If he makes your mother happy" I say. "I know. How was your day? Are you hungry? Would you like a drink? Or to lie down?" he asks quickly. I take a seat on his lap and his arm rests on my legs. "Cris" I say. "Yes" he says. "As sweet and caring and kind of cute it is can you please stop asking if I'm ok or hungry or tired every hour or I might just kill you" I smile.

"Sorry" he says. "It's ok. I know you're just worried. But really I'm fine. In fact I haven't felt this good since I found out I was pregnant" I say. "I'm glad to hear you say that" he smiles. "We're having a baby" I say. "Really I was wondering what this was" he jokes placing his hand on my bump. "I swear this kid prefers you over me already. It nearly always kicks when you're near me" I say when the baby kicks. "Well it's Mama is my favourite" he says kissing my cheek.

"Josh already has his eye on a Liverpool jersey for the baby" I say and he groans. "Get used to it" I smirk. "I guess if the baby looks half as cute as you do in the jersey" he says rolling his eyes. "So when are you going to tell me?" I ask. "Tell you what?" he asks confused. "What ever happened between you and Josh that made him stop acting like a jerk?" I ask. "Luce" he says. "Something happened so tell me. Please" I pout and he sighs.

"I may have went to his after the whole journalist incident" he says. "And?" I ask. "Told him to stop hurting you. We basically just screamed at each other. I just yelled how sick it was making you and then whole driving in the storm. I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't see you suffering anymore" he says. "I probably should apologise to Josh too" he says. "Why?" I ask. "I was a bit harsh during the row" he says. "Don't worry about it" I say. "I told him if he wasn't careful, that he would end up losing another sister" he mumbles. "Cristiano" I say.

"I know I went too far but I was angry" he says. "I'm sorry" I say. "What are you sorry for?" he asks. "All of this has being just as hard on you as it has on me. Like me causing you to worry" I say. "Luce I'm always going to worry about you cos I lo...I cut him off with a kiss."Come on let's take Marcosa for a walk" I say when we part. "Sounds good" he smiles a bumps our noses together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Lucy is nearly almost certain that Cristiano didn't cheat but will she ever talk to him about it? Should she talk to him? And is she right in her thinking or has he being telling lies all along?

Thanks to rsolverud,Saoirse710,Jayme112234 and ArsenalFanKT for their comments.

Sorry for the wait.