Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 64- Set Up

Cristiano’s Pov

A knock comes at my door and I flick the bedside lamp on beside me as the door opens. “Luce” I whisper as she shuts the door behind her. “Hi” she mumbles. “Are you ok?” I ask as I notice how much she is shaking. “Lucy” I say when she doesn’t answer me. “I can’t sleep” she mumbles and I let out the breath that I had been holding.

“Did you have a nightmare?” I ask sitting up in the bed and she nods. “I haven’t had one in a while though” she says. “Really?” I ask. “Yes I swear. I don’t even know why I had it. I mean I feel fine” she says. “What was it about?” I ask and she drops her head. “Luce worrying about the baby isn’t going to help” I say. “It wasn’t about the baby” she mutters.

“Luce” I say softly reaching out for her hand to pull her onto the bed. “Can we not talk about it right now please” she yawns. “Fine. Now get under the covers and let’s try and get some sleep” I say as she moves under the covers of my bed. It’s the first time in weeks that I’m in the same bed as her. I haven’t been alone with her since she arrived last week I haven’t had the chance to discuss what Elena said about thinking Lucy believed me about Merche. But attempting to talk to her about it now after she had a nightmare isn’t the right time. “Good night then” I sigh turning on my other side away from her.

"Why aren't you asleep?" I ask Lucy a few minutes later. "Why aren't you?" she asks. "I asked first" I say. "But a gentleman allows the woman to go first so therefore you should answer my question first" she says and even though my back is to her I can tell she has a smirk on her face. "I can think of a few times I always let you go first. Or should that be come" I say and she starts to giggle. "Muppet" she says kicking my shin. "Hey watch the feet. Without them I'm lost" I say. "Well you seem to be doing alright with no brain" she says. "You're meant to be trying to sleep not making jokes" I say turning on my other side to face her.

"Your son or daughter has decided to practice its kicks" she groans. "Why do I get the feeling that the baby is always just mine when it’s annoying you?" I smile. "Taking after its papa already" she says. "Can I?" I ask holding my hand near her stomach and she nods. I place my hand on her stomach and the baby kicks. "Jezz I can see why you would be cranky. Bubba has a kick" I say. "Don't I know it. And don't call me cranky" she pouts. "You're cute when your cranky if that helps" I smile slowly moving my hand back and forth on her stomach.

"Do you think we will be able for this?" she asks. "For what? The baby arriving or being parents?" I ask. "Both. The baby will be here in a few weeks and everything is so messed up. What if..." she pauses. "Worrying about something going wrong at the birth is last thing you should be thinking about as it will just cause more problems. And you're going to be a terrific mother Lucy so there's no need to worry about that" I say. "How can you sound so confident?" she asks. "Have you seen Rodrigo when you are with him? That kid adores you" I say. "He's a great kid" Lucy says. "Have you enjoyed been here? You've been here longer" I say. "The sun is nice and getting to spend time with Dolores and the others has been nice" she says. "Better than the last time?" I hastily ask looking at her. "I just hope the arrival home doesn't have any surprises like the last time" she says.

"Luce" I say. "Ouch" she grimes. "At least I don't kick you" I say and she rolls her eyes at me. "Well at least I could kick you back if you did? Can't exactly do anything about the baby kicking me" she says. "Just remember how good it is that it’s kicking all the time. It will be playing for United before you know it" I smirk. "Are you looking for another kick?" she groans. "Just looking for you to go to sleep. It's late" I say. "Are you going back Friday?" she asks. "I guess. I'm due back Monday for preseason and I should see to a few things" I say.

"You looking forward to going back?" she asks. "New football season is always great. Plus there's a lot to sort for the baby before the season kicks off. We do have to start thinking about a cot and all that other baby stuff at some point you know" I say. "Ya I know" she sighs. "Lucy" I say. "I know we do. We'll sit down and plan everything that is needed when we get back ok. Jezz you sound like my dad" she says. "How is he?" I ask. "Well you should know since you were talking to him today" she says. "He was just checking on how you really are. Plus he's really fun to talk to. Did you really jump into a fountain when you were five?" I ask. "Why does he have to tell everyone that story" she groans. "Cos it's funny" I smile.

"Hey your mother and sisters would be more than happy to tell me a few embarrassing stories about you buster so be careful" she says. "I'll behave" I say. "That would be a first" she giggles. "We are meant to be sleeping not giggling" I laugh. "Well you're laughing now instead of tomorrow" she says. "And why won't I be laughing tomorrow?" I ask. "Dolores said that Hugo was coming tomorrow" she says and I groan. "Super" I say. "I haven't seen him in a long time" she says. "Oh he's still around. Likes to remind Maé about how much of bastard I am. Count yourself lucky you haven't seen much of him. At least he hasn't come to Manchester much in the past few months" I say. "He is your brother Cris" Lucy says. "Lucy I listened you about Andrade. Can I wait until next year before I come around to your thinking about Hugo please?" I ask.

"It's your family" she shrugs. "It's yours too you know" I say as my hand moves on her stomach. "I'm still trying to figure out if that makes me mad" she says sticking her tongue out at me. "We both know you are mad" I say as the baby kicks. "Hey bubba do you think you can go to sleep too please so your Mama can sleep" I whisper at Lucy's stomach. "You know it kicks more when you are around" she says. "Ya?" I ask looking up at her and she nods. "Must already like me then. But who wouldn't?" I smirk.

"Oh shut up and go to sleep you muppet" she says. "Noite Lucy" I say placing a kiss on her cheek. "Noite Cris" she whispers. "Noite bubba" I say placing a kiss on her stomach before pulling the blanket over us. "You're an adorable muppet at times. You know that?" she mutters. "Only with you" I whisper as I close my eyes happy in the knowledge that she was laying next to me.

"I am awake right?" Nuno asks as he comes through the patio doors and out to where Lucy and I were seated having breakfast looking out at the water. "Well you're being your usual confusing self so I would think that means you awake" Lucy says laughing as she rests her head back onto my shoulder. "We are just having breakfast Nuno" I say. "Yes but you cooked for everyone. Where is the real Cristiano?" he asks and I roll my eyes at him. "How do you know that it wasn't Lucy?" I ask. "Have you seen the mess of that kitchen inside? There's no way she would have left it like that" he says. "He's got you there Cris.I need more toast" Lucy says standing. "Are the omelettes edible?" Nuno asks her. "Hey careful or I'll give her yours" I say. "I'm surprised she hasn't eaten it yet" Nuno says. "Well she hasn't. But she did tell your cousin not to bother doing the wash up. That can be your job" she says tapping his cheek before stepping through the sliding doors.

"Have you spoken to yet? About knowing that she believes you about Merche?" he asks. "I don't know that for sure Nuno" I say. "Well there's only one way to find out. Come on Cris, I've seen the way the two of you have been this last week. She doesn't look like a woman who wants nothing to do with you. And she has been sleeping in your room" he says. "She's had nightmares. Well she had the other night anyway" I mumble.

I didn't really question Lucy why she was in my room the night after she had come in during the night. I was just happy she was there. We laughed and talked and watched TV. It had been a great week. I took all over Madeira and we spent so much time just the two of us. Whether it was eating ice cream cones down by the pier or building sandcastles. With and without Rodrigo I smile. Even Hugo's presence hasn't ruined things. The past week had been great. I just hope it continues when we get back to England I think. "Nuno your omelette is getting cold and looking very nice" Lucy calls out. "She can't even blame the baby for how much food she eats. She's always been like this" Nuno mutters heading through the doors. "Aww did little miss sunshine makes us breakfast?" I hear Hugo ask stepping in from outdoors. "Your brother did so you thank him" Lucy says. "Not a chance" I hear Hugo mutter and Lucy frowns.

"Well this all looks lovely Cristiano" Andrade says taking a seat at the kitchen table. "I hope it tastes as good as it looks" Maé says. "It does" Lucy smiles at her. "And Luce probably ate half of Cristiano's plate so she would know" Nuno winks as he plates some eggs onto a plate. "Well he does have preseason coming up. Don't want him getting fat now do we" she says smiling at me as I walk up behind her as she butters some toast. "I swear you only want me for my abs" I say kissing the back of her neck as I wrap my arms around her and rest them on her bump. "Beats only wanting you for your money like the other bimbos you date" Hugo says. "Eat your breakfast and mind you don't choke on it" Andrade says standing to move towards the fridge. I nod a thanks to him and turn to see Lucy smiling up at me.

"What?" I ask. "Nothing" she smiles. "You might be right about somethings" I say knowing that she had been right about Andrade. I hadn't like finding out that I was the only one who hadn't known that Maé was dating someone but Andrade has made Maé really happy these last few months. And between Lucy and I breaking up and her illness, Maé needed some happiness in her life. "I'm always right" she winks at me giggling as she turns her attention back to her toast.

"I thought you hated marmalade" Nuno says from his seat at the table. "I do" she replies. "Then what are you after putting on your toast?" he asks. "She's definitely having an Averio anyway. I couldn't get enough of it when I was pregnant" Maé grins. "Ah who needs a DNA test when you've got the marmalade test" Hugo says. "Hey" I shout. "Let's go a walk" Lucy says pulling me back towards her. "Fine" I say knowing a fight is the last thing anyone wanted. "Have a nice day you too" Maé smiles. "We will" Lucy says grabbing my hand.

"Oh Nuno" she says stopping and I nearly walk into her. "Ya" he says a little worried. "There's no need for you to do the washing up. Hugo can do it. He might find another use for the soap. Oh like washing his mouth out with it" Lucy says before throwing a cloth at Hugo's face leaving everyone in stitches. I laugh and pull her towards the front door.

Wash his mouth out. Oh did you see his face. Man I do love..." I pause when she stops. "I mean...So where would you like to go today?" I ask. "Well we have three more days here so whatever you would like" she says taking a bite out of her toast. "So you're coming back with me then on Friday?" I ask. "Hmm crowded airplane or private jet" she says holding up both her hands. "You just want to be around me. It's ok you can admit it. I'd like to be around me if I was you" I smirk. "In your dreams" she says. "Oh you’re always in my dreams" I wink and she rolls her eyes at me. "Just come already" she says from beside my car.

"How did you know that's what you always say in my dreams" I smirk. "Oh Lord. What am I going to do with you?" she says shaking her head. "I could think of a few thinks" I wink as I pull open her car door. "Cris" she says wrapping both her arms around my neck. "Yes" I whisper. "Stop trying to turn me on" she mutters. "I turn you on?" I ask.

"I'm a heavily pregnant horny woman and you’re you. What do you think?" she sighs. "I think that you are the most gorgeous woman on the planet and I'm more than willing to fulfill any of your needs" I whisper placing a kiss on her lips. She doesn't pull back instead pulls me closer to her and I gently push her against the car. "What I need" she mutters when I left my lips from her mouth and move them along her shoulders. "What do you need?" I ask. "I need...." she says running her arm up my arm. "Mmm" I say. "For you to get into the car so we can leave the driveway" she says. I groan at her words. "Luce" I pout.

"Cris" she pouts and I laugh. "Let's go so" I sigh. "You know if you’re lucky" she smiles. "You're having my baby so I'm already lucky but continue" I smile. "The day will come that your charm won't work on me buster" she smiles. "It's not charm it's just what you do to me" I smile placing a kiss on her lips. She pushes me back a minute later and shakes her head. "If you keep doing that we will never leave the driveway" she laughs. "So" I wink at her. "Get in the car" she says taking her place in the front seat. "So my lady where would you like to go?" I ask taking my place in the driver’s seat. "Don't care" she smiles. "Let's see where the day takes us so" I say taking her hand in mine and kissing her knuckles. "Sounds like a good idea" she smiles bringing her sunglasses from her head and into place on her face.

"Did you two have a nice day?" Maé asks when she finds Lucy and I on the couched later in the night. "We went out on a boat for a bit. And then made a trip to a dew museums. And then Cris played some football with some kids" Lucy says as she lays against me as my arm rests on her bump. "Oh Cris you couldn't stay away from football and spend time with Lucy" Maé scoffs. "It was her idea" I say. "Ya Dolores it was. And it was cute to see. The kids were adorable" Lucy smiles.

"Hey what about me?" I ask. "I guess you were a little adorable" she says. "A little ha. You couldn't stop watching me" I say. "If she was watching you and you were watching her. How did you manage to play?" Andre asks. "Man of many talents" I smile at him and Lucy giggles before letting out a yawn. "Tired?" I ask. "Ya. I think I'm going to go for a bath and get an early night" she says moving to stand. "Need any help?" I whisper standing with her. "Yo Cris fancy a game of poker? Zé asks he walks into the room along with my brother and Nuno. "Yes he does" Lucy says and I frown. "Try not to beat them too much" she smiles at me. "I'm surprised you don't want to play. Aren't you good at everything" Hugo says. "Wouldn't want you spending the rest of your night sulking cos you got your but beaten by a girl. I'll just leave you sulk cos your brother beat you" she says to him before giving me a quick kiss on my lips. "Noite" she smiles before heading upstairs.

"Can she play poker?" Nuno asks me. "I wouldn't be surprised if she can. Although that bulls eye when we played darts the other week was a fulk" Zé" Andre said. "She really got that?" Hugo asks. "Yes" I say. "I still think she was imagining someone’s face" Nuno says nodding to Hugo which made me laugh. "Maybe it was my little brother here. Or him and Merche" Hugo says. "Hugo enough" Maé warns him. "Man I thought Lucy had more in her then to forgive you. Maybe she is after your money. Get herself knocked up, take all your stuff and just take your cheating" he says.

"Fuck off. Lucy isn't like that" I shout. "She dumps you and then goes running back into your arms like nothing happened. Do you hypnotise these women or what? I thought she saw sense when she dumped you" Hugo says. "Hugo shut up" Nuno says.

"It didn't take much for her to distrust you before. It only took seeing Merche in your house the first time. I'm sure it won't take long again" he smirks. I take the three steps that separated us and grab him by his shirt and push him against the wall. "You did that. You were the one who let Merche into my house that day" I yell. "Hugo" Maé gasps as Nuno tries to pull me off my brother.

"Answer me" I shout at Hugo as Nuno eventually unclenches my fingers from Hugo's shirt. "You thought you were so great with the amazing girlfriend when really you are a selfish ass" he yells. "You set me up" I yell. "It only took one text to Lucy and then you did the rest" he smirks. "You bastard" I yell making to punch him. "Ronaldo" Maé shouts as Nuno moves to stand between my brother and I. "Apparently it was a brilliant scene. Even Merche said she felt sort of sorry for Lucy" he says. "I could have lost her" I yell. "But no she came running back. I thought she had more respect for herself then to get back with a cheating ass" Hugo says.

"But I didn't cheat" I yell pushing Nuno out of my way and I push Hugo against the wall. "I went through weeks of her not talking to me. Of you turning my family against me" I say shoving him hard against the wall. "Stop" I hear Maé shout. "Lucy hates me and it's your fault. She could have never come back from New York. I could have lost her for good. I could have lost my child" I shout. "But she's here. You always get want you want" he snaps.

"You put us through hell for nothing. For spite" I yell. "Ronaldo let your brother go" Maé shouts and I look him straight in the eye. "I no longer have a brother" I say shoving him hard against the wall once more before letting go of him and storming upstairs.

The events of what just happened squirm around my brain as I head to my room. I can't believe he did that. I could have lost her I think as I find Lucy sitting on my bed. "Cris" she says looking up from her book as I go in search of a pair of shoes. "Cris what's the matter?" she asks. "Cris stop" she says grabbing my hand.

"Lucy I just found out my brother hates me so bad that he..." I stutter. "He what?" she asks. "Cris what did he do? Talk to me please" she begs. "I need to get out of this house before I kill him" I say trying to get to the door. "Cris wait" she calls. "I promise I'll tell you everything. I just....Oh God" I say placing a kiss on her forehead as every emotion that I went through the past few months come rushing back. "Cris" she says staring up at me with worry. "Just stay here" I say kissing her forehead once more and I rush out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
The truth is out. Hugo set Cristiano up? Cristiano’s perfect day with Lucy just went to hell. How will he tell her the truth? Will Lucy learning the truth be a good thing or has too much damage been done?

Thanks for the comments. Sorry for the wait. Hope the long chapter makes up for it.