Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 65- Easy Tiger

Lucy’s Pov

I waited. And waited and waited. I turned in the bed and looked at the clock. It was almost midnight and he still wasn’t back. I sit up in the bed and run my hand through my hair. It’s been hours since I watched Cris rush out of this room. He was so angry and hurt. He kissed my forehead and rushed out.

I didn’t know what to think anymore. Been here with everyone in Madeira felt…felt right I guess. But there was so much..so much had happened in the last few months. Every time I think maybe he and I could get past everything, something happens. Merche appearing in Lisbon had left me feeling sick. She was so pretty standing there. And then there was me with looking like a fat whale. And now he is fighting with his brother. “Huh” I huff and throw back the covers. I grab a sweatshirt and stuff my feet into a pair of flip flops and make my way downstairs. I hear voices coming from the kitchen and Zé and Nuno stop talking when the notice me.

“Lucy what are you doing up?” Nuno asks. “Where is Cris?” I ask. “You should be asleep. Come on let’s get you back upstairs” he says walking towards me. “I’m going to find Cris” I say. “Lucy he’ll be back soon. Just go back to bed. You shouldn’t be over doing it. The baby will be here soon” he smiles at me. “Can you drive me?” I ask. “Lucy it’s late. Cris will be back soon. Now go back to bed” he says. “Fine if you won’t drive me then I’ll drive myself” I say taking a step forward. “Hell no. Cris would want you resting. He’s just gone for some fresh air. I spoke to him only moments ago” he says. “You did?” I ask. “Ya now go back to bed” he says and I know he’s lying.

“Surely after five hours he has had enough fresh air” I say. “Probably taking in all the good Madeira air before going back to Manchester” Nuno says. “Nuno either you drive me or I’ll drive myself” I say. “Neither is going to happen Lucy” he says. “I’ll drive you” Zé says and both Nuno and I look at him in surprise. “No” Nuno snaps at him. “She’ll just drive herself if someone doesn’t drive her” he sighs grabbing a set of keys. “You don’t even know where to find him. He’s not answering my calls” Nuno says. “You just told me that you were talking to him Nuno” I say.

“Look Lucy” he says. “Don’t. I just want to find him ok. Now Zé lets go” I say heading towards the door. “Where do we start? He could be anywhere Lucy” Zé says as he opens the car door for me. “I think I might know where he might be” I say and he gives me a small nod.

“Lucy” Zé says as we drive. I turn my head away from the window and look at him. “Yes” I say. “Cris” he sighs. “What about him?” I ask. “He just..tonight was hard for him. I know you know something happened. I just want…” he stutters. “Want what?” I ask. “He really does love you and he’s lucky to have you if you let him” he says. “Thanks Zé” I say as the car comes to a stop. “I guess you know him” he says nodding to Cris’s car parked in front of us. “I guess I just listened to him” I say unclicking my seat belt. “Do you want me to wait?” he asks. “You go back to bed. And tell Nuno he isn’t to be annoyed at you for taking me here. Especially when I intend to kick his ass for lying to me about talking to Cris” I say and he laughs. “You go be with Cris” he says. “Thanks for driving me Zé” I say opening the door. “You know you’re pretty alright Lucy. Like for a chick who has Cris whipped” he smirks. “Goodnight Zé” I smile and climb out of the car and shut the door.

I pull the sweatshirt tightly around me and walk past Cris’s empty car. I knew it was going to be empty but I still peaked into the dark empty car. I made my way down the path as the sun shone onto the sea. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw a figure sitting on a bench. “I used to come here anytime I felt sad or annoyed” he had once said to her.

“You were right” I say taking a seat on the bench. He jumps from the bench and looks down at me. “Lucy” he gasps. “The lighthouse is really pretty at night” I say staring out to the sea. "How did you get here?" he stutters. "Zé drove me" I say stretching my legs out in front of me. "He did what? I'm going to kill him" he snaps. "Why because he saw that the mother of your unborn child was worried cos you disappeared for hours and was only putting her mind at rest" I say.

"I'm sorry Lucy. I didn't mean to worry you. I just needed...needed.." he pauses. "Time to think" I say and he nods. "I understand that. But the next time could you not ignore your phone calls. Especially given the huge event that is only around the corner" I say rubbing my hand over my bump. "Oh God I didn't think. Shit. You're ok? The baby is ok?" he asks taking a seat next to me.

"Cris it's ok. We are both ok" I smile at him. "Oh right. Ok. That's good" he says resting back against the bench. "You should still shouldn't be here. Wait until I get my hands on Zé" he mutters. "He only drove me cos I said I would drive myself. He was just making sure that I was ok. And apparently I'm alright for a chick that has you whipped" I laugh. "He would kill for what you and I have. Or had" he sighs. "So are you going to explain?" I ask. "Explain what?" he asks. "Why I'm sitting looking at a lighthouse in the middle of the night instead of being wrapped up in bed?" I ask.

"You didn't have to come here" he mutters. "I did if I wanted to get any sleep. Now tell me what you are thinking about?" I ask. "Lucy I said I would tell you. But I need to get it straight in my own head before I tell you. Ok. Please just give me some time and I promise I will tell you" he says."Ok" I say. "Ok? That's it?" he asks. "You said you'll tell me so I guess I'll just have to wait" I shrug. "You know for the past eight months there hasn't been a day where I didn't think a day couldn't get any worse but today....today has been the worst day of all" he says.

"What about the day I told you I was pregnant?" I ask. "Huh?" he asks. "Or the day of the first scan? Or the day the baby kicked for the first time? Surely those weren't bad days?" I ask. "Of course they weren't" he smiles. "They were amazing. I'm never going to forget the moment you told me I was going to be a father" he grins. "So not every day of the past eight months was bad then" I smile. "I guess you're right" he says. "Of course I am" he says with me and I laugh. "They could have been better though. I could have lost you and the baby. All because of some jealous selfish" he yells slapping his fist beside him on the bench. "Hey hey happy thoughts before bed please" I say taking his hand in mine. "Luce" he sighs.

"Let's go back to the house and deal with whatever happened with Hugo earlier, in the morning ok" I say. "How do you know something happened with Hugo and I? What did they tell you?" he asks. "They told me nothing. Ablsoluty nothing even though I'm pregnant and was worried. And Hugo was getting the cold shoulder from everyone after you left so it was kind of obvious he had something to do with you rushing out. Or am I wrong?" I ask.

"Sometimes I wish you were wrong" he mumbles. "You can't choose your family" I mutter. "He's not part of my family" he says bitterly. "Cris" I say. "No. He's not. Not after this. You and the baby are the most important people in my life. And I'm not going to let anyone or anything change that. I'm never going to give up on us. I'm never- Ssh" I say holding my finger to his mouth.

"I understand. It's late. Let's get some sleep" I say. "I moved our flight to an earlier slot. I want to get out of here" he says. "Then we should go get some sleep then" I say standing. "I can't believe you came down here" he says. "Nuno tried to stop me" I say as he rises from the seat and I reach for his hand. "At least he had some sense. You should be resting" he says as we walk up to the car. "Firstly I'm pregnant not dying and secondly Nuno lied and told me that he spoke to you, so stop feeling nice for him cos it will make it harder for me to kick his ass at a future date" I smirk and Cris's laughs loudly. "You're something else" he smiles placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Dolores you'll see us soon" I say as the woman hugs me tightly. "Maé you're going to squish Lucy soon" Cris's says as he passes us in the driveway as he takes bags to the car that was to take us to the airport. "I just don't want you to go. Either of you" Dolores says sadly. "I have to get back for training" Cris yells from the car. "And I should be near my doctor" I say to Dolores. "I get so tired of all this fighting" she says her eyes on her son. "I'm sure it will get sorted soon" I say. "Oh sweetie I wish you were right but I totally understand why Cris is angry. I just can't believe that I raised Hugo to be.." she starts to sniffle. "I promise it will work out" I say hugging her again.

"Now go inside and tell Zé to make you some breakfast. Or maybe Andre will do it. That way the kitchen won't end up on fire" I joke. "She's right. Come on let's go inside and leave these lot off. We'll see them in a few weeks" Andre. "Cris" I call out as he moves away from talking to Katia at the car and comes towards us. "Give your mother a hug" I say. "Yes boss" he smirks before hugging his mother. "Oh wouldn't that be lovely. If I was the boss and everyone had to do as I said" I smile. "They do at your office. And so these men" Katia jokes. "They could always listen better" Elma says coming towards us with Rodrigo by her side.

"Besos" I say picking him up. "Careful" Cris says. "I'm hugging my favourite little boy" I say as he places a kiss on my nose. "Don't miss me too much" he says. "I'll try not to. Be good for Mama and Papa" I say letting his feet back on the ground. "Are you lot not gone yet?" Zé asks coming out of the house. "If you are keen to get rid of us does that mean you won't be visiting us in Manchester for a while" Nuno smirks. "Rodrigo go with Andrae so you'll get breakfast before your papa" I say to the smiling boy and he runs into the house. "See you soon" Andre says ushering Dolores into the house. "Maybe we should go out for breakfast. I don't fancy Maé's tears over my coffee" Katia Elma jokes. "Jezz you'd swear she was never seeing us again" I say. "It's last night that she's more upset about" Katia says. "Katia" Cris warns. "Ok goodbye all and we'll see you soon. We have a plane to catch" I say as a car starts coming towards the house.

"Let's go now" Cris says angrily. "Still here? And with Lucy. I wonder how long more she'll stick being around you" Nuno says as he shuts the car door. "That's it" Cris yells and moves towards Hugo only for Nuno and Zé to pull him apart. "Nice car Hugo" I say. "Thanks" he says in surprise and judging by the look on the others faces he wasn't the only one surprised of my complement. "Let's go Lucy" Cris says. "Are you like Cris when it comes to his cars?

"He's nothing like me" Cris snaps as Hugo smirks at him. "Thankfully little brother" he says and the keys fall from his hand. I bend to pick them up before Hugo could manage to. "It is a beautiful car. And it's all yours" I say walking around the car. "I paid for it" he says. "Wow didn't use my money such a surprise" Cris snaps. "You know you're right Hugo. You aren't anything like your brother" I say and notice a frown on Cris's face.

"Cos unlike you, Cris is sweet and kind. Would do anything for his family and friends. For those he loves dearly. He has a heart. And he wouldn't dream of trying to ruin your relationship" I say before placing the end of the key against the paint of the car and I start walking around the car all while leaving a line in my wake on the car as I move around. "Stop you crazy bitch" Hugo roars and I turn away from him and move back around the car.

"You see why Cris might not be currently making your face unrecognizable with his fists for fear of upsetting me or your mother. I can be a little unpredictable when I haven't gotten much sleep" I say coming to a stop beside Cris who along with others is standing with shocked faces looking at me. "You bitch" Hugo lunges towards me and Cris steps in front of me. "Don't come near her" he yells. "What did you do that for you crazy bitch?" Hugo yells.

"That was for being a selfish bitter jealous brother" I say throwing his car keys as far as I could into the garden as I step around Cris. "And this is for trying to ruin my relationship and making my life hell" I shout before slapping him as hard as I could. "Go Lucy" Zé says in delight. "You selfish sick bastard. How dare you and that slut try and ruin our lives" I yell hitting him again. "Easy tiger" Cris says pulling me back. "You crazy bitch" Hugo says holding his face.

"Careful Hugo or I won't stop her next time" Cris says. "I think we have a plane to catch" I say looking up at Cris. "Yes we do. Let's go" he says. "Damn Lucy I'm going to miss you" Zé grins. "See you soon Zé" I say before hugging a shocked Katia and Elma goodbye. Nuno, Cris and I get into the car and I take a deep breath.

"So" Cris says. "Can we wait until we get back to England to talk about all of this?" I ask trying to calm down. "I was just going to ask how your hand was. I know from experience how hard you slap. But that looked harder" he says and I glance at him to find him smiling. "It's fine. I guess you were a good warm up" I say and he laughs loudly before taking my right hand and bringing it to his lips. I rest my head on his shoulder as Nuno grins across from us as the car makes its journey to the airport. I wonder what lies await for us on our arrival from Madeira this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who saw Lucy's reaction coming? What did you think of their chat on the bench? Now the truth is out what does this mean for Cristiano and Lucy? And what awaits them when they get back to England?

So while I don't condone violence and it may have been out of character for Lucy to key Hugo's car, it was pretty good wasn't it?

Thanks to Jayme112234 and ak9_sh for their comments.

Sorry for the delay. Hope this chapter makes up for it. Can't wait to get your opinions.