Status: Completed Nov 1 2016

I'll Make You See It Was All Real

Chapter 8- Doubts

Lucy’s Pov

“I should have gone to the gym. I need to hit something” I say pacing my living room floor. “Wine and chocolate are better” Elena says handing me a glass of white wine. “Ya add to getting fat as well as having a shit life” I say. “One you are not fat. In fact you could do with gain some weight and two you have a great life” Elena says. “Ya it’s just your love life that’s shit” Tina says. “Thanks” I say gulping down my drink.

“I can’t believe they really did that” Coleen says. She had only stopped by while she waited for her mother to finish something in town. Instead she was hearing how stupid her man and his friends were.

“Did the honestly think you would talk to Cristiano if they asked?” Tina says. “They don’t think” I say finishing my glass. “You’re lucky you still have a finance Coleen” I say.

“He must be really miserable if the guys would do that” Coleen says. “You're not serious” Tina says. “I’m just saying that the guys don’t usually get involved” she shrugs. “Will if they try again, Man United won’t have any players left” I say as I pour another glass of wine. “It doesn’t matter anyway since you did speak to Cristiano” Elena says looking at me.

“He needed to speak to me. He needed to. Does anyone care about what I need?” I say taking a seat next to Coleen. “You need a man who isn’t a cheater. And I’ll tell him that if he comes here” Tina says. “Tina stop” Elena says.

“How was it really?” Elena asks.

“Seeing him or talking to him” I ask sighing. “Both” Coleen and Elena says together.

“I was so angry after what the guys did. I nearly smashed his car door on his hand. I was so angry” I say. “He might stop bothering you now he’s heard from you to stay away” Tina says.

“He says he won’t give up on us” I snicker. “Well he better cos you’re not going to have anything to do with him” Tina says.

“I love you” he had said. I shake my head.

“If he really had been pretending. Would he be trying to get you back?” Coleen asks. “What about pretending?” Elena asks.

“He told me the truth. How you weren’t really dating when he first introduced you to us all” Coleen says and I stand abruptly.

“What the fuck is wrong with him first his sisters and now you” I say to Coleen. “Why doesn’t he put it in the paper and tell the whole world” I shout.

“I didn’t meant to upset you. It’s just I really did get the impression that he wasn’t lying when he said he
loved you” Coleen says. “He’d lied about everything else” Tina says.

“Girls enough” Elena says.

“I’m just tired. Tired of it all” I say.

“How did you feel when you spoke to him?” Coleen asks as Tina answers her phone.

“I felt sick” I say looking at her. “Is that all?” Elena asks.

I laugh. “What?” Elena asks.

“You know after everything. I still wanted him to hold me” I say.

“Oh Luce” Elena says coming towards me. “No. I’m fine” I say. "Do you think he'll back off now?" Elena asks. "I don't know. I just need space. Why can't he see that" I say.

"He thinks he's lost you" Coleen says. "Has he?" Elena asks.

"I don't want anything to do with him" I sigh. "But" Elena says.

"I have someone saying things in one ear and others saying things in the other ear. I thought I knew him but I can't get that image of her out of my head" I say.

"Lucy are you having doubts that he cheated?" Elena asks.

"I...I don't know what to believe" I say. "Lucy" Coleen says. "Like why was she there. When could he have met her? It's all missed up" I say.

"Maybe you should talk to him. Get the answers to the questions that you have" Coleen says. "It's not just the cheating that i'm angry at. He lied to me Coleen. I never had to pretend to be his girlfriend in the first place. Our whole relationship was a lie. I can't trust him. He lied to my face" I say.

"Lucy I am certain of one thing and that is that Cristiano was never lying about loving you" Coleen says.

"I wish I could believe that. But I can't" I say.
"Maybe I should go back to New York" I say. "Why?" Elena asks. "Get some space. Maybe even a new life" I mumble.

Everyone lies to me in the end. I don't deserve to be happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is Lucy having doubts? Will she talk and listen to what Cristiano has to say? Or will she leave Manchester for good?

Thanks to ariana_aemming and Jayme112234 for their comments.