Status: REVAMPING

Ascendance

the beginning to the end

THE WORLD CRUMBLED IN 2021 AFTER ANGELS turned dark, unleashing Hell on earth by shattering the veil between the underworld and the humans. God, enraged by his children’s betrayal, cast every angel out from his kingdom as penance. Feeling the sting of his undeserving hatred and unanswered pleads of innocence, some angels became the monsters their father thought them to be while the loyal fled far from the clutches of sin and temptation.

And out of the chaos and destruction, Lucifer rose from the ashes with the fires of Hell as his wings and an army of demons and angels by his side. With God’s back turned on all his creations, Lucifer was free to destroy his most cherished design; humans.
....

Image


It was the beginning of The Great Decline. With the unforeseen fall of the world’s governments overnight, humankind turned on one another, forgetting the real enemies and waging wars with their allies. Cities collapsed within days from the looting and fires while others were leveled within hours from bombing. As the population dwindled and the number of bodies piled high, humans prayed for survival. They had no idea that what they prayed for was a curse and not a blessing.

When the embers from the fires turned cold and the earth was covered with the bones of over six billion people, the real war could finally commence. This time, Lucifer stepped fully into this world and with a flick of his wrist, released his full force of minions and rage upon the remaining humans.

And those whose prayers for life were answered, now realized that there was far worse things than death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to losing control for being the beta for this chapter.