Early Morning

1/1(maybe)

"Remember that time we got drunk and went to the beach at 3 in the morning?" Cameron giggled.

He thought for a moment, "Barely." However, he did remember waking up 4 hours later to the sound of the beach patrol's 4-wheeler.

"Yeah," she started, "then you woke me up scared shitless we were gonna get caught so I had grab the blanket and haul ass." A genuine laugh flowed from her throat.

"I was not," he glared at Cameron, "scared shitless. You were 15 at the time... and we had alcohol and I was only 20." Jaeger reminded her.

"Yeah... I can't believe that was a year ago," She smiled, reminiscing before continuing, "what time is it?"

"I don't know, my phones dead."

"Shit, yeah, mine is too." Cameron sighed, looking up at the stars. "It's still so weird to me how we know more about space than we do the ocean." Jaeger shifted beside her in the bed of the truck.

"Yeah. Wanna know what's even more weird?"

"Hmmm?" She wondered, knowing where this was going.

"We haven't kissed in a while..."

Cameron giggled, "that is weird Jaeger Dean."

Jaeger smirked, "Why yes it is, Cameron Kinsey." After he said that, Cameron straddled his waist. "I wanna spend forever with you."

Cameron giggled and blushed, "Me too, Jaebay." Then she leaned down and softly kissed him. This wasn't enough for Jaeger, as he grabbed the back of her neck with one hand and her hip with the other, kissing her hungrily. They continued kissing for what seemed like forever before Jaeger pulled away, "I think it's like 11."

"Probably." Cameron agreed. "Did I tell you mom and dad are out of town for a few days?"

"Are they?" Jaeger questioned. "Yeah," Cameron ran her fingers through her hair; he loved when she did that, "they left earlier today.. I guess I was just so excited to see you."

"This means we can go back to your place and have a bonfire?" Jaeger looked so hopeful, Cameron hoped he would ask that.

"I thought you'd say that." she smiled. Jaeger handed her his keys to his truck, "It's only a 10 minute drive, and it's all gravel road.. you'll be fine." Cameron wasted no time jumping from the truck bed into the cab of the Ford. "I love you so much for teaching me how to drive a stick!" She practically gleamed.

"Anything for you, Cam."

--

Swiftly pulling into her driveway, she came to a stop. "I'l get the snacks, you start the fire."

"Yeah, yeah." Jaeger brushed her off, he already knew the routine. "I love being here without having to worry about getting caught." Jaeger said before going the opposite way of the door to the kitchen to the fire pit, while Cameron went inside to grab some snacks.

Honestly, Cameron figured in all honesty, her parents wouldn't care about the age difference once they actually got to meet Jaeger. She fell in love with them instantly, and knew they would too. But it was the chance of them actually not approving that kept her from introducing them. Her friends all knew Jaeger and adored him so much they all kept their mouths shut about their relationship. After grabbing chips, and some drinks, she walked out to where Jaeger had already gotten the fire started.

"You didn't...." Jaeger began. "Of course I did!" Cameron said, holding up Smirnoff green apple vodka before he could finish.

"Why did you bring chips?" Jaeger laughed.

"In case we get hungry!" Cameron stated matter-of-factly. Sitting down on the log her dad had cut down and placed in front of the firepit, she took a shot from the bottle, passing it to Jaeger.

"I really love this stuff." Cameron grinned.

"Yeah, it's pretty good. Can't lie about that. Jaeger agreed. After passing the bottle back and forth while talking about whatever came to mind and laughing carelessly, the bottle was empty and they were both pretty drunk.

Cameron yawned, "I'm sleepy."

"Me too, baby." He got up, grabbing Cam's hand, leading her into the house, and up to her room. Jaeger stripped down to his boxers while Cameron changed into shorts and a tank top.

It wasn't long after climbing into bed that Cameron drifted into sleep while thinking about the hiking and fishing they would do when they woke up. Jaeger drifted to sleep thinking about spending the rest of his life with Cameron, traveling around the country, if not the world, with the girl he fell in love with, vowing to never let their spontaneity and passion for each other die.
♠ ♠ ♠
based/inspired by a tumblr post. if you'd like to see this develop into a story, let me know. Share your thoughts please! this is my first post, not to mention actual writing, in over two years!