Slytherin Princess

One

Years passed by without a problem, and I grew up living with the Malfoy's at Malfoy Manner.

All my life, Narcissa treated me as if I were her own daughter, and I couldn't be more thankful for it. Though, I cannot say the same for Lucius. As I started getting older, he started acting more and more strange.

I am two years older than their son, Draco, although we started our schooling the same year- holding me back for two years. Though, I'm not sure why they did it.

I'm currently in my fourth year at Hogwarts, and it definitely wasn't something I was enjoying so far. Potions has been my best subject ever since my first year, but this year I wasn't doing all that great at it. It seemed that Professor Snape had decided to take it up a notch with that he was teaching us. Usually, I was able to finish assignments he gave us in a matter of minutes. Though the assignment I was currently working on, I had been working on ever since Friday morning when he first gave it.

After almost two hours of trying to get my work finished, I gave up.

I threw the quill down rather dramatically before closing my books and climbing off of the my bed. I pulled a cardigan over my bare shoulders, before leaving the Slytherin dorms and making my way upstairs to the Great Hall.

Seeing as most students were still enjoying the weekend trip to Hogsmeade, there weren't all that many students in the Great Hall. Not many teachers either. I spotted only Dumbledore, Snape, Flitwick and Madam Pomfrey sitting at the Professor's table at the back of the room.

Shaking my head, I made my way over to the Slytherin house table and sat down alone. I filled my plate with a small amount of food and promptly began eating.

Though, I hadn't even been allowed to take more than five bites before I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw a small first year in Slytherin robes with a small, square box in her hands. I could tell by the look in her eye that she was nervous about something.

"A-Are you Lennox?" She stuttered out. "Yeah, I am. Who are you and why should I care?" I snapped at her. Her body jumped ever so slightly as she held the box out towards me. "I was told to deliver this to you." Slowly, I reached out and took the box from her. It had brown parchment wrapped around it, with a piece of string wrapped around it as well. "Who told you to give this to me?" I questioned.

She seemed to get even more nervous, and took off. She walked away without another word to me.

Curious, I turned back around before unwrapping the small box that the girl had handed me. Inside was a ring. It had a silver band, with a rather large emerald in the center. It was something I quickly recognized as the ring I always saw in the portraits of Salazar Slytherin.

Gasping, I quickly shut the box back and put it down on the table. It was only then that I saw a small note attached to the box.

To the true Slytherin heir.
I cannot wait to meet again.
Regards,
V


Upon reading the note, I felt more confused than ever. Who the hell was 'V' and where had I ever met them before?

Slowly, I looked around the Great Hall only to catch the eye of the one and only Severus Snape. He was sitting to the left of the Headmaster. Dumbledore was speaking to the Potions teacher, although Severus wasn't paying attention to anything that Dumbledore had to say to him.

His eyes were glued on me, and I couldn't seem to move my eyes away from the dark man. There was something about him that just seemed so pleasing, something that was just so, well, attractive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lennox

The idea for this story just kind of, well, hit me. I will try to update regularly. Tell me what you think?