Slytherin Princess

Ten

Once the break began, I knew immediately that things were going to be different.

Narcissa was more introverted than I had ever seen her, Lucius seemed nervous all the time like something was going to jump out from around the corner at him. Draco was like a mix of the two, he was acting very quiet and nervous and he wouldn't tell me why. Come to think of it, he wouldn't even talk to me long enough for me to ask.

The house itself became darker, more cold. I wasn't sure how to react to it; but I knew that something was coming. Judging by how fast everything was changing, it was going to come around fast.

"Lennox." I heard Draco's voice calling out from somewhere behind me. I stopped where I was walking through the house, but didn't bother to turn around to look at him. "Oh, so you're finally talking to me again?" I hummed simply, my fingers resting against the stone wall next to me.

I could hear his footsteps against the floor as he approached and walked around me. "There's nothing to talk about," He brushed me off quickly, "Here, mother picked this out for you to wear tonight." He held out his hand towards me. In his grip was a long, black dress bag. "A dress? Why on earth would I need a dress for tonight?" I scoffed, grabbing the bag from him.

"We're having guests for dinner. Don't forget, you'll need this as well." He said simply, before handing me another small black bag that looked as if it contained a present, "You need to be ready in two hours, and I'll come and get you." With that, he walked away- leaving me standing there confused.

I stayed standing in the hall for a moment, before rushing my way into my bedroom. I kicked the door closed behind me, and dropped the two bags on the bed before taking a deep breath.

Once I was ready, I unzipped the dress bag to see what was inside.

It was a strapless, floor length dress that looked as if it would be a bit see through over my stomach. I would wear my black heels with it to give me a bit of extra height so that I would't trip over the length of my dress.

In the second bag that he had handed me was a mask that would cover the top half of my face, yet still show off whatever make up I was wearing. There were small diamond studs placed in places around the mask, but mostly around the eyes. It was absolutely beautiful, that it took my breath away at first- though I was confused as to why I needed to wear it.

I didn't bother showering before I started to get dressed, because I knew I wouldn't have enough time if I did. Instead, I pulled my hair back out of my face, and sat down in order to do my make up. I put a pale color foundation, that matched my skin tone, on my face before starting on my eye make up. I made it dark, to match everything I would be wearing, and smokey. I also layered my eye lashes with thick layers of mascara to make them seem darker and a bit longer than they actually were. Then I put on some lipstick that was so dark it was basically black.

Once I was done putting my make up on, I stood up and moved over to the dress that was waiting for me on my bed. I hesitantly stripped out of the clothes I had picked out this morning, and carefully pull the dress onto my body.

Just like with the dress Narcissa had given me for the Yule Ball, it fit perfectly to my body as if it had been made specifically for me. Knowing this family, it most likely was. As I thought, the torso of the dress was a bit see through, but it looked rather good. At least in my opinion. I held the hem of the dress up off of the floor as I stepped into my shoes.

Once I was dressed, I brought my hair up to the back of my head, only to release my hair from the clip that was holding it up in place. My hair fell down around my shoulders as I reached down and grabbed the brush off the dresser.

I brushed the tangles out of my hair, before looking over my shoulder to the clock on the wall. My two hours was almost up, and Draco would be knocking on the door in just a few minutes. Since I didn't have time to do my hair myself, I grabbed my wand from where it lay discarded on my bed, and used a charm. It was the same charm I used the night of the Yule Ball in order to curl my hair, but I wore it differently this time.

Instead of pinning it over to the side, I put it all up on the top of my head. My bangs hung down in front of my eye, with a few of the curls sticking out in a few random places. The hairstyle itself looked sophisticated and made me look a bit older than I actually was.

Almost as soon as my hair was done, I heard the light knocking on the door to my bedroom. With a sigh, I walked over to the door and opened it to see Draco standing there. "You'll have to wait a moment, I'm not finished yet." I mutter, walking over to where my jewelry box sat on the other side of the room. I grabbed three things in order to wear. Two of which, were of course the ring and bracelet that I had received while I was at Hogwarts. The third was a choker made up of black jewels that matched my dress and mask.

I put the jewelry on before turning back to look at Draco. "How do I look?" I questioned, spinning around slightly so he could see the entire outfit. "About as beautiful as a brother can think his sister is." Draco chuckled ever so slightly. I couldn't help but laugh as I stepped over to the bed, and picked up the mask that was laying there. "So am I the only one who has to wear one of these ridiculous things?" I sighed, holding it up to show him what I was talking about.

"Yes, actually. Mother insists on keeping your identity from our guests for as long as possible. For your protection." Draco said simply, "Now put it on and let's go. Everyone's waiting for us." His entire demeanor changed in no time.

It wasn't something I was used to- at least not from him. I had grown used to it from Lucius, but never from Draco.

Sighing, I brought the mask up to my face and tied to ribbon around the back of my head in a way that wouldn't mess up my hair. I then took another deep breath before taking Draco's arm and allowing him to lead me out of the room. We walked down the hallway without speaking, the only noise was the sound of my heels clicking against the floors.

I could also hear the faint sounds of people talking downstairs, and it got louder as we approached. Then once we reached the top of the stair case, the talking ceased and everyone went quiet. The room was filled with people whom I didn't recognize, and I immediately felt out of place as they looked at us.

They watched with curious eyes as Draco and I descended the stairs together and joined the crowd. Lucius held his arm out towards us as we approached, and upon reaching them placed his hand on the small of my back. "You look absolutely beautiful, my darling. I have someone here who wishes to meet you. Come with me."

Lucius pulled me away from Draco, and lead me towards the door on the other side of the room. Not wanting to leave Draco's side, I was quick to look back at him over my shoulder as if calling for help- but he was talking with Narcissa and didn't notice me. Instead, I was dragged along with Lucius to an empty room. Well, it was completely empty, inside were two men.

One, I immediately recognized as Peter Pettigrew. Standing next to him, with his back towards me was a tall man covered in black robes. There was no doubt in my mind that this was Voldemort. My breathing stopped as the man slowly turned around to face Lucius and I. Even though he completely ignored the fact that Lucius was standing next to me as he began to walk over to where we stood.

"Ah, so this must be the young girl I've heard so much about." Voldemort had a large smile covering his face as he looked down at me. I could feel my hands shaking down by my side as he came to stand directly in front of me. If I wasn't wearing heels he would tower over me.

I had to mentally kick myself in order to keep myself from staring at my nose; or well, lack there of.

"I see you've received the gifts I sent you." He smiled proudly, reaching down and grabbing my hand. On it was the ring he sent, along with the bracelet that was placed on my wrist. His skin was as cold as ice, and sent a shiver up my spine. Wanting to say something to him, I opened my mouth but I couldn't think of any words to say. Even if I could get any words to come out, he began speaking once more.

"I just wanted to have a chance to make your acquaintance personally before you go back to school, or before you're whisked away at some point during the night by your betrothed." He chuckled ever so slightly, "My, you are as beautiful as I thought you would be. Just like your mother." With that, he walked out of the room with Pettigrew hot on his tale like a little lost puppy dog. Once they were gone, I slowly turned to look at Lucius. "My betrothed? What's he talking about, Lucius?" I growled out looking at the man that was standing off to the side watching me.

Lucius seemed a little bit nervous as I looked him up and down, waiting for his answer to my question. "Well, uh," He paused to clear his throat, "The dark lord has made it very clear that he expects you and Draco to marry once you have finished your school." Lucius spoke quickly, and walked away before I could respond.

I was more shocked now than I had ever been before. Did Draco know about this, if so was this why he had been so awkward and distant since we had been home from school?

Trying to slow down the thoughts in my mind, and steady my breathing, I walked out of the now empty room and began searching for the younger boy. I found him still standing by Narcissa, and Lucius had rejoined the two of them.

I suddenly felt as if the room was spinning, and I couldn't catch my breath. Between coming face to face with Lord Voldemort, and finding out they were expecting me to marry the boy I looked at like he was my baby brother, I didn't know which one scared me more- and before I knew it, the whole world seemed to go black around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lennox
Lennox's hair and mask

Well, here comes the first look that Lennox has of Lord Voldemort, and I decided to add a little bit of drama there at the end for you. What do you think??