Slytherin Princess

Eleven

I woke up the next morning, to the feeling of someones hand resting on my forehead. It was enough to cause me to open my eyes in order to see what was going on around me. Standing over me, was the one and only Severus Snape. He had a ever so slight worried look in his eye as he looked down at where I was laying.

"What happened?" I mumbled, stretching my body out ever so slightly. With a sigh, Snape removed his hand from my forehead before taking a step back- allowing me to slowly move to sit up. "You fainted last night- and you hit your head when you fell so you need to take it easy the next few days. So don't push yourself." He explained lightly, the usual dead tone in his voice. "Yes, Madam Pomfrey." I scoffed, throwing my legs over the side of the bed.

"Would you like to tell me what exactly happened to make you faint the way you did?" He ignored my comment, and watched as moved to climb off of the bed.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe between coming face to face with Lord Voldemort, and finding out that everyone's planning on me to marry Draco in a few years, my mind kind of went into overload and it freaked me out. Can you blame me?" I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest as I looked up at the man standing in front of me.

He looked the exact same way that he always did. His long dark hair was down, framing his face. His eyes were dark and held absolutely no emotion in them as he looked down at me. He was dressed in his usual, black dress robes. Something about the way he looked, or the way he held himself was astounding. For some reason, I couldn't stop myself from being attracted to the much older man.

And still he said absolutely nothing in response to the words that had just escaped from my mouth. "You knew, didn't you?" When he still didn't respond, I started speaking again. This time I began to feel enraged, "Why didn't you tell me!" I snapped.

Upon hearing me snap at him, I could've sworn that I saw some kind of look of remorse flash across his face. Of course he knew, apparently everyone except for me knew about it. "Get out." I ordered, pointing to the door of the room. He was quick to do as I said, without saying anything else about the situation. He shut the door behind him, leaving me alone with myself to figure out what to do the rest of the day.

I was still wearing the dress that I had worn the night before, all my jewelry and my shoes had been discarded and put away. Not wanting to wear the dress anymore, I was quick to undo the zipper on the back of the dress before allowing it to fall to the floor around me and stepping out of it. I then walked over to my dresser and picked out an outfit that would be comfortable for what I have planned. It was consisted of tight jeans, a loose tank top with a skull printed on it, a cardigan with geometric shapes on it, and a pair of black heels.

I took the charm off of my hair, and allowed it to hand loosely around my shoulders before stepping over to my jewelry box.

After what happened last night, I contemplated not wearing the ring or bracelet; but something in the back of my mind screamed that I had to always wear them. So, I quickly put them on before leaving the room and making my way downstairs.

The first person I found, was Draco. He was sitting alone, with a drink in his hand when I found him. "You know, Lennox, I'm not sure if I should be offended or thanking you." Draco spoke, not moving his gaze away from the drink in his hand. "What ever could you mean, little brother." I sighed, taking the few steps over to him in order to close the space that was between us. "You were so appalled at the fact that we're to be married, that you passed out." He scoffed, as if it were obvious. I closed my eyes for a brief moment as I took a deep breath.

"It wasn't like that, Draco. I was in shock, it came as a surprise to me that after raising us as siblings since I was two years old, and now expect us to marry and have children!" I was quick to explain what I had felt last night. It was then that Draco set his drink down, and stood from the seat that he was in.

Even in heels, Draco towered over me and it was safe to say that I honestly felt intimidated in this moment. I could tell how angry he was based off of the glare in his eye, and how jagged his breathing seemed to be in this moment. "You think that it didn't shock me either? But, do you know what came as more of a surprise to me, Lennox?" He paused for a brief moment.

"I picked you up and carried you to your bedroom. I made sure that you didn't hit your head or hurt yourself too bad when you fell. I did everything I possibly could to ensure that you were alright, and you know what happened? You called out for someone else. I would've expected you to ask for Zabini because of how close the two of you are while at Hogwarts, but you said the last name that I would have ever expected you to ask for." He started rambling, and I didn't understand what exactly he was getting at.

"Draco, I have no idea what you're talking about!" I was quick to point out to him.

Draco was quick to reach out a grab my arms. His nails dug into my skin ever so slightly, and I knew they would little crescent moon shapes in their wake. "Don't you understand, you are to be my wife! You are to marry me, not him!" I could smell the alcohol on his breath as he shouted at me.

"Draco, you've been drinking you. Let me go!" I struggled a bit trying to get out of his grip; but it didn't seem to work. He opened his mouth to say something else to me, but before he could a third voice joined our conversation. "Draco, let Lennox go." I was more than relieved to see Narcissa standing in the doorway to the room. He was quick to do as his mother had told him, and his grip on my arms disappeared.

Draco took a step back away from me, as Narcissa moved her gaze away from her son and over to where I was standing. "Lennox, come with me dear- let's take a walk." Without hesitating, I moved away from Draco and made my way over to her. Once I reached her, she turned and together we walked out of the room.

During the time that it took for us to get to Lucius' office, neither of us said a word to the other. I wasn't sure what to say in this situation. Lucius was waiting for us in his office, sitting behind his desk in silence. He didn't seem all too surprised when Narcissa and I walked into the room together. Narcissa sat down in one of the empty chairs, while I stood in front of the desk with my arms crossed over my chest.

"How long have you been planning on marrying me off to your son?" I questioned, looking only to Lucius. My words seemed to make his demeanor change ever so slightly, he seemed a bit caught off guard by my question. "Not long, The Dark Lord made his wishes known during your first year at Hogwarts." He said as is if it were common knowledge. It only seemed to fuel my rage even more, "Oh, so you've only been planning on having me marry my little brother for four years now. That's just perfect!" I scoffed.

"He is not your brother." Lucius seemed to be getting a bit annoyed with my attitude. Once more, I scoffed, "Oh right, he's not my brother. We've only been raised together, side by side and siblings- and now here we are, with everyone expecting us to get married. My bad."

Instead of saying anything else, Lucius turned his attention towards his wife who was sitting quietly between the two of us. "What do you have to say about this?" He questioned her.

At first she was quiet, taking her time to think about what she was going to say and choose her words carefully. Smart women. "Well, to be completely honest I have to agree with Lennox. She and Draco were raised rather close to each other that it would see impractical for them to marry. I also believe that it should be their choice to marry whom they wish. This is not something to force upon them."

I couldn't be more relieved upon hearing her words, so I started to speak again before she had the chance to say anything else. "Besides, Lucius, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be marrying your son off to someone who very probably isn't a pure-blood." With that, I turned on my heel and walked out of the office, leaving the husband and wife alone.

Walking out of the office, I couldn't help but let my mind wonder as I began walking through the house once more. I thought about what Draco had been yelling at me about. I wondered what would happen between Narcissa and Lucius now that I had left the room. Yet, most of all I wondered when Snape had gotten here. He wasn't here last night before I passed out, I would have seen him. So the question hung in my mind, when did he get here?

When I walked back into the main room of the house, I once more found Draco sitting alone. This time instead of sitting there drinking, I found him with his head in his hands- he didn't even noticed that I was standing in the door way of the room. At least not until I started walking towards him and the sound of my heels could be heard against the floor. Ever so slowly, he looked up at me as I approached him.

Upon reaching him, I crouch down in front of him and took his hands in my own. He looked so upset. "Did I hurt you?" He asked without even looking up at me. His voice was shaking as if he were on the verge of tears.

"No, little brother, I'm fine. You didn't hurt me." I whispered. He finally looked up at me and I could see the pain that was hidden in his eyes. Something was happening to Draco, something that I wasn't able to explain. Between trying to live up to his fathers standards, and not do something stupid and get himself killed by Lord Voldemort, I worried that my dear Draco was cracking under pressure. Lucius would insure that Draco followed in his footsteps to become a Death Eater in all due time; but I know that Narcissa would never wish that upon her son. In fact, I believed that she wasn't to get her son as far away from it as possible.

"Draco, earlier you said I called out for someone while you were carrying me last night. Who did I call out for?" I whispered, hoping not to have a redo of what had happened earlier. Draco had a blank look on his face for a few moments before he shook his head ever so slightly.

"You asked for Snape. At first I thought it was just because you had seen him somewhere in the manor, or that you needed something from him, a potion to make you feel better. But then you started crying, as if I was hurting you and you just kept calling out for him, like you needed him." He explained, still sounded hurt. If I didn't know any better I would say that there was a tone of jealousy in his voice somewhere, like he thought that I had feelings for Severus.

Which was absurd. Severus, for a man his age I will admit was an attractive man; but just because I thought that didn't mean that I had any kind of feelings for him.

Severus was the man that I needed in my life, I knew that now. He was the one who found me, and brought me to the Malfoy's when I was only two years old. He is the only one that would have the answers I need, about who I am or where I come from. He is the only one that knows what Voldemort wants with me, the reason why he brought me to the Malfoy's in the first place.

Draco didn't know that, no one had told him about the night that I joined the Malfoy family. That Snape's the one who brought me to them, out of all the places in the world that he could have taken me.

There was no doubt in my mind that Snape was the only people who knew the truth about me. He's the only one that would be able to tell me who I really am.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lennox

Well then....