Slytherin Princess

Fourteen

We were only about two weeks into the new school year so far, and it wasn't anything like our previous four years here.

Umbridge had already starting making changes to the school in the simplest ways possible, but the out come of those changes definitely weren't good ones. It was starting out slowly with detentions, I had noticed it one night after Blaise came back from his detention. I didn't know what he had done to earn the detention, and he refused to tell me- but it didn't stop me from noticing the scarring that now took place on his hand.

It looked like some kind of writing, but I couldn't get a good enough look at it to actually be able to tell.

That was a few nights ago, and he wouldn't say a word about it to any of us. So, eventually, we stopped pushing the subject. Though, upon having detention tonight, I found out all the answers to the questions that we had been asking.

Umbridge makes the students use a black quill in order to write sentences. The quill itself doesn't require ink, and instead using the blood of the person writing with it. It was something that was quite outrageous, and unorthodox.

Now, I was laying on my bed, unable to sleep due to the pain taking place on the back of my hand. The sound of the water of the lake brushing up against my window softly was usually enough to lull me to sleep even in troubling times, but tonight it just didn't seem to be cutting it.

I just couldn't seem to fall asleep, so instead of just laying there I slowly moved to sit up on the bed. My hair was pulled back into a braid that sat lifelessly on my shoulder, as my bangs fell down in front of my face. Throwing my legs over the side of the bed, I slipped my bare feet into a pair of black ballet slippers before silently making my way out of my room.

The common room was absolutely abandoned, but there was still a large fire going in the fireplace. It made it easy for me to sneak out of the common rooms and make my way throughout the castle. I loved how quiet it got during the night when everyone was asleep, versus how loud it was during the day.

I was able to sneak through the dungeons, and up through the upper levels of the castle until I finally came to a familiar spot on the seventh floor, where a large door appeared on the wall in front of me. The Room of Requirement.

I couldn't help but smile as I pushed the doors open and walked into the room. The walls were covered with mirrors, and looked like the ever so familiar ballet studio that I had learned to dance in.

Narcissa made sure that I knew how to dance- she was in charge of choosing what I was taught growing up. While Lucius was in charge of Draco. So I spent all my time learning to dance, while Draco was drilled into believing that pure-bloods were better than everyone else- just like his father. Of course, Narcissa believed it too but she didn't rub it in everyone's face like Lucius had a tendency to do.

I sat down in the center of the room and began stretching my body out. Even though it had been years since the last time I danced, my body never seemed to forget the routine. Being able to stretch my body out after so long felt absolutely amazing, and actually relieved a bit of tension from my back.

I felt kind of silly dancing around the room without any music, but there was no one here to see it so what's the problem?

I had always been able to loose myself in the dance. The twists and turns, the jumps and spins, and even the flexibility of my own body. It had always seemed to amaze me, even over the years, just how much my body retained the memories of the dances I learned when I was younger. I had just jumped through the air, and landed perfectly on my feet when I heard the sound of someone clapping.

I turned around with a gasp to see Professor Snape standing there with a blank look on his face, as always. Well that's definitely embarrassing- how long had he been here, what had he seen? "Severus, how long have you been standing there?" I asked, ever so slightly out of breath. Waiting for his reply, I wrapped my arms around my midsection. "Quite long enough. What are you doing out of bed, Miss Black?" His voice made him seem under interested in absolutely everything.

"I couldn't sleep," I shrugged my shoulders,"I know I shouldn't have left the Slytherin common rooms but this was the only place I could get some peace and time to myself." I explained. Snape stood silently, looking me over for a brief moment before stepping forward and grabbing onto my wrist harshly, in order to bring my hand up closer to his face to see what was located on the back of my hand.

"Do tell, what happened to your hand?" Now he seemed interested in what I had to say. "I had detention with Umbridge earlier," I scoffed pulling my hand out of his grip. "Have you told your parents about this, or better yet have you told the Dark Lord about this?" He questioned me once again.

"No, what does it matter? It's not like they can do anything about it- she's here by ministry order and she's not going to go away." I snapped, looking to the older man. Snape sighed, seeming to grow annoyed with my attitude. "Miss Black, kindly return back to the Slytherin common rooms and do not leave them again until morning." With that, Snape turned his back on me and walked towards the door. Only stopping to wait for me to insure that I was going to do as I was told.

Now, growing annoyed myself, I followed along behind him and left the room of requirement. He walked ahead of me, heading back down towards the dungeons only leaving my side once I had gone into the common room.

Instead of heading back towards my own dorm room, I instead sat down on the couch in front of the fire and curled up ever so slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lennox

So Im personally not really a fan of this chapter. It could be a whole lot better....