Slytherin Princess

Fifteen

After the night that Snape had caught me in the Room of Requirement, I distanced myself even more from him.

That night after getting back from the common room, I had realized that if Snape had been there long enough to see me dancing- then he had seen up the short dress I had been wearing at some point. Severus Snape had seen my underwear.

Or lack there of.

The only contact I've had the man since then, is when we're in class. Other than that, the only people I really had contact with were of course Draco and Blaise. Speak of, Blaise still refused to talk to any of us about what happened when he had detention with Umbridge, but I can't really blame him after having to go through it as well. I didn't even talk to Draco about it really.

I had once more sunk myself into my studies. As now a fifth year, my studies were different and more difficult to say the least. I had barely been able to keep up with my fourth year classes- so now I had to work harder to keep my marks up.

Modays I had History of magic, Potions, Study of Ancient Runes, and Defense Against the Dark Arts in that order. Tuesday was Charms, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures, and Herbology. Wednesday came Transfiguration, Herbology, and Care of Magical Creatures. Thursday brought Astronomy. Then, Friday wrapped up the week with a single class of Defense Against of the Dark Arts.

I currently didn't have any classes, and as usual the other students who didn't were shoved into the Great Hall for a sort of study period. I sat a bit of a way away from Draco, Crabbe and Goyle- as they were only goofing off whereas I actually wanted to get my work done.

So I sat there studying in silence. At least, that is, until Professor McGonagall walked over to where I was sitting and tapped on my shoulder with the scroll of paper that was in her grasp. "Professor?" I questioned, turning around to look at her. "Miss Black, I have just been informed that the Headmaster would like to see you in his office. Follow me." She began walking away before I even had a chance to say anything.

Confused, and trying to keep up with the older woman I quickly collected my things before running after her. I kept my books clutched against my chest as I followed her up a set of spiral stairs that I had never seen before.

At the top were two double doors, which concealed Dumbledore's office. "Go ahead." McGonagall urged me ahead.

I walked towards the doors, before slowly pushing one of them open and stepping inside. Behind me the door closed once more with a loud 'thud' and the force of the sound had me take a few more steps forward. That's when I started hearing someone speaking. From what I could tell, it sounded like Dumbledore of course, and the other was the cold, monotone voice that belonged to the one and only Severus Snape.

"Excuse me, Headmaster, I don't mean to interrupt but Professor McGonagall said you wanted to speak with me?" I questioned, making my presence known to the two older men. Dumbledore looked up at me with a smile, and Snape's head whipped around so fast I was surprised that it didn't snap.

"Ahhh, yes. Miss Black, I had a proposition for you." He spoke with a smile. A proposition, well that's kind of odd, is it not? "It has come to my attention that you are two years ahead the rest of your classmates. Throughout your time here at Hogwarts you have steadily risen to the top of your class- challenging the knowledge of even Miss Granger." He continued on.

"I have recently become aware that you are studying transfiguration more and more closely; and more especially the art of becoming an Animagus. While I am unable to help you there, I want to propose that you train with Severus to broaden your skills- say apparation." He finally finished his proposal.

I took a few moments of silence, thinking of what he had said and what he was offering for a few moments before giving him my answer. "So I'm not in trouble for anything?" I asked, moving to place one of my hands on my hips. My other hand continued to hold my books against my chest. "Of course not, this is a place of learning- why would I punish you for trying to broaden your skill set?" Dumbledore spoke, standing from where he had been sitting.

Well, I guess that he did have a point. "Well, I mean I would like to learn how to apparate." I shrugged my shoulders ever so slightly. "Very well! You classes with Severus being immediately!" Dumbledore clapped his hands together happily, before shooing Severus and I out of his office.

Meanwhile, at 12 Grimmauld Place.

The two men had been arguing for over an hour about the same thing. Remus felt as if he was losing his mind- all he wanted to do was sit in silence and read the paper but no he couldn't even have that could he?

Sirius had told him all about what happened to Harry when he had a run in with Umbridge in detention. Her use of the blood quill. Ever since then, Remus always read the paper thoroughly to insure that he caught anything that was said about the disastrous woman or any way she was running the school into the ground since the Minister had sent her in.

The Minister, a man blinded by fear that didn't want to see the truth. That Voldemort had returned and he was planning something. Something big.

"Please Arthur, you have to do this for me!" Sirius could be hear yelling from the kitchen. Giving up on the peace and quiet that he longed for, Remus folded up the paper and made his way into the kitchen where he stood silently watching the two men interact. "I'm sorry, Sirius, but hat you know as well as I that I cannot do it. We do have rules, you know!" Arthur Weasley yelled.

"To hell with the bloody rules Arthur! This is my child, my flesh and blood, I have a right to know!" Sirius shouted as well, now growing angry with the man standing in front of him.

While many never knew that Sirius Black had conceived a child before being imprisoned in Azkaban, Remus had known all about the child that Sirius spoke of. He spent years searching for the child after her mother had died of a sickness. Having never found the child, he did his best not to mention it to his friend- knowing that this would be the outcome.

Arthur was confused, never before had he heard that Sirius was a father; but upon seeing the hurt look in Sirius' eye he knew that the man wasn't lying to him. "Alright." Arthur gave in, "I will do what I can for you." He placed his hand on Sirius' shoulder and flashed him a small sympathetic smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to start putting more information in there for you guys, or else these chapters were going to start getting really short.
So here's your update Snuffles, I hope you enjoyed.