Slytherin Princess

Seventeen

Weeks passed slowly after that. We were now approaching the holiday's, and things at Hogwarts had taken a rather drastic change.

The Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appointed Umbridge to a higher position in an article in the Daily Prophet where he was quoted as saying: "Having already revolutionized the teaching of Defense Against the Dark Arts, Dolores Umbridge will, as High Inquisitor, have powers to address the seriously falling standards at Hogwarts School."

That's when it started this little change.

Umbridge started pestering the other teachers more than ever, mostly by standing in on their classes. She would judge their ability to teach, interrupt multiple times, and ask many unneeded questions.

It was painfully obvious to everyone how much the other professors hated her.

"So, we're going home for holidays then?" I hummed, looking up at Draco. He was say next to me at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall. "I guess so. Father has actually requested our presence." Draco hummed, putting the letter away in his jacket pocket. Strange, usually we always stayed here for the Holidays instead of going home. So what changed this time?

"So, are you still determined to be an animagus?" Draco whispered, so that only i could hear. He was the only one to know about that- apart from Dumbledore and Severus of course.

Before speaking, I adjusted the leaf that was in my mouth. "I'm on my twenty-second day. So I should be done the day we head home for holiday. If I had known we'd be going home I would've waited to start this." I explained to him with a sigh. I was already relieved that my month was almost up. It was rather frustrating keeping a mandrake leaf in my mouth for so long. Especially at night, I was worried I might end up choking on the damned thing.

"So no one's noticed?" Draco chuckled ever so slightly- most likely thinking about how incompetent he thought everyone else was.

I was about to say something else to him, when Pansy approached us. Having watched her move from her spot a few feet away from us before coming to sit down across from us. "No one's noticed what?" She smiled, looking only towards Draco. She had some kind of hopeful look in her eye.

"You obviously didn't notice that Draco and I were trying to have a private conversation." I snapped to the dark haired girl sitting across the table from me. Wide-eyed, she looked at me shocked because I had snapped at her.

It was silent among us for a few moments, before Draco rather awkwardly excused himself; and left me along with Pansy.

"What the hell's going on with you lately?" She, in return, snapped at me as soon as Draco was out of earshot. I couldn't help but scoff at her. "I was having a private conversation with Draco, and you knew that when Draco specifically asked you all to give us some space in order to have said conversation, that's my problem!" I growled out. Pansy simply rolled her eyes at me.

In order to keep myself from smacking the girl, I stood up and left the Great Hall with a huff.

Though, right outside the large double doors, I ran into two tall, red headed boys- the Weasley twins. Fred and George. I had never exactly met them before; but at Hogwarts they were just about as famous as Harry Potter these days. Everyone knew who they were, no matter what house you were in. Simple as that.

"Whoa there foxy." One of them spoke. "Watch where you're going, wouldn't want you running into any trouble would we?" The other chuckled softly.

"Oh, uh, sorry. I wasn't expecting anyone else to only just now be heading to dinner." I was quick to apologize politely. Whereas any other Slytherin student probably would have told them off and just kept walking. "Wow, you look upset. What's wrong, huh?" The first one questioned. "It's Umbridge isn't it? Bloody had." The second continued, reaching down and grabbing my hand.

Pushing my sleeve up, he revealed the now scarred over wording on the back of my hand.

"Come now, they're not too bad- almost completely faded away. We have some too. See?" They began speaking together. As they spoke, they each held one hand up that contained the same kind of scarred over wording that was on my hand.

But, before I was able to say anything else to them, someone called my name out from behind me; causing me to jump and snatch my hand away from the Weasley twins.

"Lennox!" It was Blaise. I turned around to spot him walking towards us once he had called my name a seond time. When he was standing next to me, his fingers wrapped harshly around my upper arm. "What are you doing talk to," He paused, looking over towards the twins, "These blood traitors." As soon as the words left his mouth, the Weasley's scoffed and walked away. Not letting Blaise's words effect them.

"Nothing Blaise, now let me go." I growled out. Attempting to pull my arm out of his grasp didn't work, it only caused his grip to get even tighter.

"Why don't you make me, Princess?" He snapped, "You know, Pansy and I haven't really taken a liking to this new attitude of yours." He spoke with an ever so slightly menacing tone in his voice.

"Pansy, really? Pansy? I should have known that she'd have something to do with all of this. She must have said something to him, otherwise he would have never been acting like this. Judging by the way he was acting, whatever she had told him very obviously was not the truth.

"Well, Blaise, I honestly don't care what Parkinson wants. You either or that matter- especially if you're going to listen to whatever lies she's telling you. Now, let go of my arm." I spoke in a stern voice. Yet, Blaise still did not make a move to take his fingers away from my arm.

"And if I don't? I don't have to take orders from you, little girl." He was quick to growl in my face.

Once more, before I could speak someone else was speaking in my place. "Mr. Zabini, kindly release Ms. Black." It was Severus; and upon hearing his request Blaise immediately let go of my arm. Well, at least he listens to someone. As soon as his hand was away from my arm I took a big step back away from him, and Severus' gaze fell to me.

"Ms. Black, I suggest you head back to the Slytherin dormitories for the night." He suggested simplly. Silently, I nodded and turned in order to do as he had told me. Only, I wasn't alone. Blaise turned around as well, planning on leaving."Not, you Zabini." Severus was quick to stop him, "I only said for Ms. Black to go. You are to stay here."

I continued to walk as Severus spoke to Blaise. I waited until I had turned the corner in order to start walking even faster. Just to put distance between myself and not only Blaise, but Severus as well.

We hadn't had any more sessions since that night. The night I had accidentally kissed him. We had been avoiding each other, and it was understandable as to way. Plus it gave me more time in order to focus on my transformation magic, and becoming an animagus.

I made my way back to Slytherin Commons as I had been told to do- only to find Draco sitting on the couch reading the paper. As always. There was no sign of any one else around as I plopped down on the couch next to my brother. "What took you so long?" He hummed out, not looking away from the paper in his hands.

"Oh, simply because Parkinson said something to Blaise about my 'attitude' and he got mad. He seemed kind of threatening." I said with a huff, crossing my arms over my chest. "That's nice." Just like I figured, he wasn't even paying attention to what I was saying. Deciding that it was no use talking to him while he was reading, I stood up and made my way back to my room in order to lay down and rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp here we go.