Slytherin Princess

Eighteen

The first day of holiday break and thankfully my last day of holding this god forsaken mandrake lead in my mouth. Technically, I didn't even have to do it the whole day. I'll be able to take it out right before we get home. Lucius and Narcissa would never know.

Draco and I sat together in silence on the train. Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle all stay at school for the holidays. Blaise was going home as well, but he sat a few seats away from Draco and I.

We hadn't spoken since our last encounter outside of the Great Hall; come to think of it, he actually hadn't come anywhere near me since then.

Maybe Severus had said something to him?

"Any idea why Lucius wants us home?" I sighed, leaning back against my seat. Draco had been staring out the window ever since we first pulled away from Hogwarts. "No idea, really. He didn't provide reasoning behind his request. You know how he is." Draco mumbled, glancing at me for only a brief moment.

The sun was starting to sink down in the sky, and alerted me that we would probably be arriving at our destination soon. The ride from Kings Cross Station to Hogwarts lasted until the time the sun went down- so of course it would be the same coming back as long as you were on time.

I knew as soon as Draco told me that Lucius wanted us to come home that it had something to do with Voldemort; and I was dreading the fact that he may stop by whenever he felt like it.

Upon arriving at Kings Cross, Draco offered me his arm as we walked through the crowd. Of course, people gave us questioning looks; but we had to keep up the act for the possibility of someone around us knowing about the engagement. Hogwarts was the only place I had anymore that I didn't have to hide who I am. Technically.

No one at Hogwarts knew about the engagement apart from myself, Draco and Severus. I was grateful for that, because no matter what I do I cannot see Draco as more than a little brother. Especially after I had accidentally kissed Severus at our last lesson. I hadn't been able to keep the man off of my mind since then.

As always, Lucius and Narcissa where no where to be found; but there was a car waiting to take us back to Malfoy Manor. It had been like this since our first year at Hogwarts.

Lucius and Narcissa had dropped us off for our first year; but since then they never came to drop us off or pick us up. Lucius said it would help us grow up a bit, even though Narcissa actually despised the thought of the idea.

The car ride was mostly silent. I didn't say anything, and instead looked out the window for a duration of the ride. At some point, Draco reached across and placed his hand on my knee. It was comforting to say the least. Especially when the manor came into view in the distance.

It looked more like a prison than a house; to be honest, it felt like one too.

Draco climbed out of the car before me, and while he was doing so I looked down to the large ring took up residence on my finger. Then, when Draco offered me his hand in order to help me out of the car, I didn't hesitate. Once I was out of the car, I moved so that my fingers were wrapped around his bicep, and we walked into the house together.

We found our parents in the main drawing rooms, sitting by the lit fireplace. Narcissa was sipping tea, while Lucius was obviously drinking something stronger.

And he looked distraught about something.

"Mother," Draco smiled lovingly, "Father," A sneer appeared on his face. "Draco! Lennox! Oh, it so lovely to see you both!" Narcissa beamed, putting her cup of tea down. She was quick to stand from her seat across from Lucius, walk over to where the two of us were standing, and pull us each into a tight hug. "What are you two doing here? You never come home for holiday!" She asked, looking us over carefully.

"I would like to ask the same question." I spoke, looking over her shoulder towards Lucius. "Father requested we come home for break."Draco added, pulling Lucius' letter out of his breast pocket.

Narcissa took the parchment from Draco before turning to look at her husband. With three sets of eyes on him, Lucius rose from his seat before taking a step towards us, drink still in hand. "I requested you come home for holiday because i have news that should be told in person and not through a letter." Lucius sighed.

"And what news would that be?" Narcissa growled out before I even had a chance to open my mouth. Hell yeah, go mom. Lucius sighed, "The Dark Lord has made it known he wishes Lennox and Draco to marry sooner than originally planned. Things have changed." I was immediately enraged by his words.

"How much sooner?" I was quick to snap. He took a few more steps towards the three of us. "A year. He preferred by next Christmas; but the longest he will wait is until you've finished your sixth year of Hogwarts." He informed.

Upon hearing the news, I couldn't even find the words to explain how I felt about all of this. So, I instead took my fingers away from Draco's arm, turned, and walked away from my family. I made my way through the all too familiar house, and went up to my bedroom.

Next, I acted pretty much without thinking. I took the mandrake leaf out of my mouth, before grabbing my wand. I said my words clearly, and flicked my wand lightly; only to have pain shoot through my body- causing me to drop my wand. It felt as if every bone in my body was breaking as they realigned themselves and shrank down. I tried to keep from screaming out as my body shrunk.

I kept my eyes closed through out the process, and only opened them against when the pain dismissed.

When my eyes opened, everything was different. Everything was much more and defined. Looking around the room, all the furniture was so much taller- signaling to me that I was a small creature.

Looking over myself, I saw black and orange fur covering my body- was I a fox?

Little did Lennox know she was being watched.

A large, shaggy black dog stood out on the lawn and had seen everything. That black dog was none other than Sirius Black himself.

He watched as Lennox disappeared, and in her place was a small fox. He watched as she jumped into the window seal; struggling a bit at first. She was not used to walking on all fours, and it would take a while before she is completely comfortable with it.

Sirius watched as his daughter explored the roof of Malfoy Manor, feeling extremely proud. Tears welled up in his eyes, he was proud of his daughter even if she didn't know about him. After watched for a few more moments, Sirius left to head back to Grimmauld Place- knowing that sooner or later his god son, Harry, would notice his absence.

"Sirius can I ask you something?" An injured Arthur Weasley asked the dark haired man. "Of course my dear friend, what is it?" Sirius smiled down to the man, feeling as if nothing could ruin his mood.

"How did you know about Charity Robbins having a child?" Arthur got down to business without skipping a beat. Sirius took a breath before starting to explain. "Charity Robbins was an old beau of mine," He started, "We were together a year and a half when she got pregnant. I was with her through the first six months before she disappeared. I looked everywhere for even a hint of where she had gone, or if someone might have taken her- up until I was sent to Azkaban. Knowing that my child was out there is a big part of what kept me going. I just had to make sure she was okay."

"You understand that, don't you Arthur?" Sirius asked with a sigh.

"Of course! If I had known all this before, I never would have hesitated to help you find her!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. These next few chapters will probably be rushed and crappy just because....sorry.