Slytherin Princess

Two

A few days had passed since the first-year girl had brought the ring to me at the Great Hall. I wasn't too sure how to feel about it to be completely honest. It was a beautiful ring, but I just didn't feel right with wearing it because the way it came to me.

I still didn't know who the hell had actually sent it to me, either!

That night, I never went back to finish my potions homework- which ended me up where I am now. Sitting in detention with Professor Snape, struggling to work on the work I had been assigned throughout the course of today. Let's just say that I'm not the happiest person in the world at this point. Why? Because I still wasn't able to figure out the solution to my work.

Slowly, I crossed my arms before placing them on top of the table. With a small groan, I lay my head down on top of my arms before closing my eyes for a brief second and trying to think about what I could possibly be doing wrong.

"Miss Black, refrain from doing...whatever it is you're doing." I heard Snape mumble.

Ever so slowly, I moved so that I was looking at him with my eyes narrowed down into a glare. He was sitting behind his desk at the front of the room, grading the papers that other students had turned in to him over the past few days. He looked exactly as he always did. Dark hair hanging loosely around his face, the same every day scowl was plastered on his face. And his clothes consisted of the every day black robes, black pants, black everything.

"What I'm doing, Professor is struggling to do all this work. So you telling me to refrain from doing it, means I can stop working on it, right? And that must mean my detention is over." I said with a sly smirk.

I watched as he slowly looked up from the stack of papers he was grading, and his gaze landed on me.

I didn't know what to do, so I decided to sit up. I placed my arms back down by my side, and once more picked up my quill before trying to finish my work once more.

The only distraction came when Snape suddenly stood from his seat and started making his way over to where I was sitting. He moved to where he was standing only a few feet away from me, and I could my arm unintentionally tense up as he continued to step closer.

He leaned over my shoulder, and looked over the piece of paper that was sitting on the desk in front of me. I had my quill freshly dipped in ink, just waiting for me to write something on the paper. "Miss Black," Snape was quick to say, catching me off guard, "You are right on all counts, except one. The amount of times you stir the potion. It is five clockwise and twelve counter clockwise." He pointed out to me.

What was written on the paper? Twelve clockwise, and five counter clockwise. Of course, of fucking course. How could I be so stupid that I missed that, that I didn't realize that I had written down the answer wrong.

Groaning, I brought my hand up and slapped it against my forehead. "You are free to go, once you correct your answer and turn in your paper." He spoke before walking back over to his desk.

Slowly, I did as he told me to before collecting my things. I put then all down in my messenger bag before making my way over to Snape's desk and handing the paper over to him. "Thank you for the help, sir." I gave him a slightly smile before walking away.

After leaving the potions classroom, I didn't even bother with going to the Great Hall for dinner so I instead made my way back to the Slytherin dorms. There was no one of interest sitting in the common room, so I kept walking and made my way to my room. I was thankful now more than ever that I had a room all to myself. Either, I was just lucky and ended up alone or the Malfoy's pulled some strings for Draco and I.

I threw my bag down in the arm chair that was up against the wall before I made my way over to the bed. I placed my hand down on top of the mattress instead of sitting down.

Sighing, I kicked the shoes off of my feet before slipping the robe off of my shoulders. Once it was off, I was quick to pull off the sweater vest, and the tie from around my neck. Once those were gone, I undid the buttons of my shirt, before sliding it off of my shoulders, and removing my skirt as well.

I also took my bra off before grabbing a sweater and pulling it onto my torso. The sweater came down to just above my belly button. I didn't feel like putting on sweat pants, so I instead crawled onto my bed and looking up at the ceiling.

I was probably a little bit too happy that I wasn't stuck with any room mates- for the sole factor that I was able to decorate the room any way I wanted. Leaning over, I grabbed my wand from the table next to the bed, only to put a charm on the ceiling.

Much like the one that Dumbledore placed on the ceiling of the Great Hall, I made the ceiling of my room look like the night sky. It made the room seem a bit nicer than just some dark room down in the dungeons of a castle. I pulled the blankets up to cover my body before laying my head back onto the pillows.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched the stars blink and flicker on the ceiling, and in the corner was the moon. There were soft, grey clouds in front of it but that didn't make it impossible for me to tell that it was a full moon.

There had always been something about the night that I love more than the day.

It was always easier for me to fall asleep whenever I had used the starry night charm, or when I was laying outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lennox's bed
(Lennox's pajamas will be posted at the end of the next chapter.)

This chapter would have been posted yesterday, but when I was typing it, my sister placed something in my lap and it hit the refresh button so Ilost it all.

This isn't exactly what I wanted to happen, but it happened :O The next chapter may not be all that long, but chapter four will start getting longer, because it will start talking about whats going on during the Triwizard Tournament.

Comments and subscriptions please and thank you! <3