Slytherin Princess

Twenty

After holidays, things around Hogwarts started to get pretty hectic.

Snape and I still weren't having lessons, so I was practicing on my own. I wasn't that good, but thankfully I hadn't gotten splinched again. Between practicing my apparation, studying for my O.W.L.S., and my actual classes- I rarely had time for anything else.

Blaise was still keeping his distance. Pansy was, of course, still glaring any time that I was close to Draco.

I had started wearing the ring around school, and thought people were asking where it came from I didn't tell them. Pansy had been the first to ask, having noticed it when my hand was resting on Draco's arm. The look that was on her face had been absolutely priceless.

That wasn't the end of it, though. Umbridge got more and more suspicious with each passing day. Eventually, after weeks of Filch and the Inquisitorial Squad watching Harry Potter and his friends, did they finally catch them. They had set up some kind of dueling club in the Room of Requirement, called Dumbledore's Army. This of course got Dumbledore in trouble, and when Fudge tried to arrest him. Dumbledore fled.

So, now Umbridge was headmaster.

We were taking our O.W.L.S. when it happened. Chaos by the Weasley twins. High up in the air on their brooms, they were throwing fire works throughout the Great Hall. One specifically, I saw followed and tormented Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco. It was hilarious.

Once everyone ran outside, celebrating the destruction the Weasley twin's had caused, I slipped away from everyone. I made my way down to the dungeons and into the Slytherin common room. Sitting down on the couch in front of the fire, I found myself slipping out of consciousness.

When I woke up, or at least it felt like waking up, I was surrounded by darkness. A faint light in the distance.

"What going on?" I muttered, trying to look around. As soon as the words left my lips, an arm wrapped around me. I wanted to scream; but there was a hand over my mouth. "Lennox, what are you doing here?" A voice I recognized as Lucius' growled out, "It doesn't matter, stay here and stay quiet."

His hand left my mouth, and he walked away going towards the light. So, I did the only thing I could in this situation- I did as I had been told. I could hear people talking in the distance, but I couldn't tell who.

"Now! Stupefy!" Someone shouted. This voice was also familiar, but I couldn't place it. What's going on? I still couldn't see anything. "Get the girl!" Lucius shouted somewhere in the distance. My fingers clutched around my wand just as someone grabbed onto my wrist and started pulling me along with them. "What's going on, leave me alone!" I began to struggle against who ever it was. "Shut up, stupid girl!" An angry voice snapped.

The next thing I knew, we apparated. I stood behind Lucius, in front of what looked like a stone entry way, filled with smoke. Each one of the Death Eaters had a hold on one of Harry's friends. Harry, however, stood in front of Lucius.

"Did you actually believe, or were you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I'll make this simple for you, Potter, give me the prophecy now- or watch your friends die." Lucius ordered. Seeing a bright light appear next to me, my body jumped. Looking to my left, I was shocked to see Sirius Black standing there. "Get away from my godson." Was all he said before punching Lucius in the face.

Lucius went flying back, more white lights filed the room, and the next thing I knew everyone was fighting.

Scared, I screamed as I fell back to the ground next to the stone gate. Having heard the noise, Sirius Black turned to face me. "Lennox." He breathed out. What, how did he know my name? "My, you look so like your mother." A smile flashed across for a brief moment before he went back to fighting.

I put my arms over my head, trying to block out all the fighting. "Remus, you watch her!" I heard Sirius shout. When I looked up again, I saw a green flash hit Sirius in the dead center of his chest. His wand slipped from his hand, and his body fell back into the smoke. It was like all the fighting stopped suddenly. Harry screamed in pain as Remus held him back away from the gate.

But when Harry ran off, Remus turned to look at me.

"Are you alright?" He asked lightly, crouching down in front of me. I nodded my head, "I dont know what's going on- how did I get here?" My voice sounded that of a small child.

His hand came down to rest on my cheek lightly, and he made me look up at him. "Lennox, look at me, you remember me don't you?" He questioned. Looking over his face, I fully recognized him as Remus Lupin. He had taught Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts in my third year. "P-Professor Lupin." I nodded my head.

"Good. I'm not going to hurt you, okay? I'm going to get you out of here." He smiled, offering me his hand. As soon as I touched him, we apparated.

Dizzy, I leaned up against Lupin, as I tried to look around the place we had come to. It was dark and dusty, but looked like someone lived there. I was immediately intrigued; but somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that I needed to get back to Hogwarts. "Where are we?" I questioned, looking at Remus. "This is Grimmauld Place. Lennox, we're safe here. It's late, come with me and we'll find a place for you to sleep." He explained to me.

Silently, I followed him up a flight of stairs, down a hallway, and into a bedroom that held multiple beds inside. "Get some rest." He ordered, closing the door as he left me alone in the room.

As I sat down on one of the beds, I wondered if I'd be back at Hogwarts when I wake up....One could only hope.