Slytherin Princess

Chapter Twenty-One

Unfortunately, when I woke up I wasn't back in my dorm at Hogwarts. Unfortunately, I was still at the place Lupin had brought me to. Grimmauld Place.

To say the least, I was disappointed that I was still in a strange place rather than back where I should be. What on Earth is going on here, what's happening to me?

Climbing off of the bed, I stretched my body out just in time for someone to knock on the door. "Yes?" I called out, pushing my tangled hair out of my face. A woman slowly pushed the door open and stepped into the room. "You must me Lennox. Oh my gosh, you have your father's eyes." She gasped out upon looking at me.

I felt a little awkward as she sat down on the edge of one of the beds. "My father? And no offense, but who are you?" I questioned, looking down at the woman. She had shoulder length hair, and wide, wondering, bright eyes.

"Oh! My name is Tonks. Remus asked me to come up and check on you. He thought you might be more comfortable having another girl around." She slightly explained. She completely avoided her mention and my question about my father.

Thinking over it, Lucius was the closest I had ever had to a father and even then it wasn't much. No one ever thought I looked anything like him, though it's probably good. I don't think I could've pulled off having that color hair.

Tonks nervously looked over her shoulder before looking back up at me. "I know I probably shouldn't be the one to tell you this, but they're going to hit you with it downstairs anyway. Your father was Sirius Black, he was a good man; but unfortunately he died back at the ministry.

I was a bit taken back, and wasn't sure how to react.

My father was the infamous Sirius Black? The first man to ever successfully break out of Azkaban and avoid being recaptured. There were even rumors that he came to Hogwarts during my third year. Come to think about it, I did hear about some strange things happening that year.

I can still remember the look on his face when he saw me at the ministry. Is that the reason why he looked so shocked to see me there? And the comment he made about me looking like my mother.

Slowly, things were starting to ll make sense- how I ended up with the Malfoys. Narcissa, though I saw her as the closest thing I ever had to a mother, she is actually my aunt. Did Severus know that, is that why he took me to the Malfoys in the first place? Wait. If he knew who my father was, how come he didn't tell me? Maybe if I had known, I could have done something. If I could have done something, maybe my dad would still be alive.

"This is where he lived, you know. He took us all in when we had nowhere else to go. We were like one big happy family. People always thought he was this horrible guy, but he wasn't. He was one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting." She spoke again after a minute.

I wasn't sure how to react to that.

"Why am I here? Why aren't I back at Hogwarts, why did Lupin bring me here?" I asked more questions all in a row. "Okay, so I know Remus wants to be the one to tell you but, Sirius named him your God Father. So, just act surprised whenever he tells you. Come on and lets go downstairs, you'll have all your questions answered." She informed me as she stood up.

Reaching out, the girl grabbed onto my wrist and began pulling me along behind her. We made our way downstairs and into the kitchen where I saw multiple people waiting. A few of them were actually kind of familiar.

Lupin was there of course. I recognized Mad-Eye Moody, who had been impersonated by Barty Crouch Jr. last school year. I also noticed Fred and George Weasley standing next to who I could only assume was Arthur and Molly Weasley. What where they all doing here? Fred and George specifically. Shouldn't they be back in school?

It took me a few moments to remember that they left school after terrorizing Umbridge. That woman hated them so much, it was hilarious.

"Ah! Lennox, good morning!" Remus smiled upon seeing me walk in with Tonks. Remus stood from his seat and came over to where we were standing in the doorway. "Did you sleep alright?" He questioned, looking down at me. Feeling awkward, I silently nodded my head in response.

"Good, why don't you sit down and get something to eat. I think you're already familiar with everyone here. Unfortunately they might not all know you, so why don't I do he honors of introducing you." He encouraged me, pulling a chair out for me to sit in. As I moved to sit down, my eyes flashed over to the twins who had only just looked up and saw me there. "Look Fred, it's the fox!" George said loudly.

His words confused the people around the room and earned me a few questioning looks; but they also earned the twins a scolding from their mother.

Something that caught my eye as I continued to look around the room, was the edition of the Daily Prophet that Arthur Weasley held in his hands. On the front page was a picture of none other than Lucius Malfoy and details of his arrest. I couldn't help but feel like I should be with my family right now.

"Everyone, this is Lennox Black; the daughter of our recently departed friend Sirius." Remus spoke loud enough for everyone to hear. A plate full of food was set in front of me by Molly Weasley, and Tonks sat down next to me to encourage me to eat. I didn't even eat this much food while I was at a feast at Hogwarts.

An older man with fire red hair, Arthur Weasley, walked over and sat down on the other side of me. He was covered with injuries, and I felt bad for the man. It was obvious to me that he was in pain.

"So, you're the girl I've heard so much about the past few weeks." He flashed me a weak smile. So, my dad had actually talked to people about me? He actually knew about me?

"You must be Arthur Weasley. I can definitely say that I've heard a lot about you as well. Unfortunately the man who raised me was never too fond of your family, so he never really said anything good." I spoke softly, using a fork to shove food around on the plate.

"Ah yes, it is to my understanding that the Malfoys took you in as a child. I did notice, however, that you should be in your seventh year with Fred and George rather than in your fifth year with Draco." He pointed out. What, did this guy hire some kind of private investigator or something? How did he know so much about me and what's going on in my life?

"The Malfoys waited to send me to Hogwarts with Draco. They thought it would be a little bit easier for me, and I liked the idea of having someone there that I knew." I shrugged my shoulders, continuing to nibble on the food in front of me.

Though, it seemed that the more I continued to eat, the more Mrs. Weasley would put more on top of what I already had.

So, I was more than thankful when Remus called me away from the Weasleys. We left the kitchen and went walking through the house together. Awkwardly, I had my arms wrapped around myself.

"I don't doubt that Tonks already told you, the girl can't keep her mouth shut; but I'm going to say it anyway. Before you were born, your parents asked me to be your god father. I know you have a home with the Malfoys, but maybe if you want you can stay with me any time you like. If you ever feel like you need an escape." He explained to me.

It was nice of him to offer, I definitely hadn't been expecting any of that. "That would be nice, thank you." I flashed him a quick smile. Remus was quick to return my smile. "I'll leave you to your thoughts; but before I do, here. This letter arrived for you this morning." Reaching out, I took the letter that he was offering out to me. Seeing that it was from Narcissa made me shove the letter down into my pocket.

What if she was angry with me for Lucius getting arrested? What if she kicked me out, tells me not to come back, and throws all my things out? Would Narcissa ever actually do something like that?

What about Draco? Is he going to be upset with me? How will he react to everything that's happening?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I kind of went brain dead on this one; but I figured it out and am writing again so there will be updates flowing in. Thanks!