Slytherin Princess

Five

The next two days passed with the blink of an eye, so it seemed.

Just like before, classes were canceled, only this time we didn't have to practice dancing all day. Instead, Dumbledore felt it was a sort of reward to let us have the day off before the Ball. Which I was more than thankful for considering I still didn't have a dress to wear.

Usually, I would have spent the entire day locked in my dorm trying to design and make a dress at last minute; but things didn't seem to go that way after breakfast. In fact, it was rather strange the way things had happened. While we were at breakfast, I received an owl from Narcissa. She wanted me to write her back as soon as possible in order to discuss what I would be wearing to the Yule Ball. I don't know how, but somehow she knew that I didn't have anything to wear.

Which resulted in her coming to Hogwarts. I was more than happy to spend time with her, considering she was the woman who raised me when she didn't have to. I love like the mother I never really had.

You see, I don't really remember anything about my family before I came to the Malfoy's- but I know I am not their daughter. It wasn't hard to figure out once I really started thinking about it. I looked nothing like Lucius or Narcissa. No matter how much they tried to convince me that in their eyes I was their daughter, I still knew deep down that I wasn't.

Narcissa arrived at Hogwarts and convinced Dumbledore to allow me to leave school grounds with her to take a trip to Hogsmeade. That way there were no stares from others students as to why Narcissa Malfoy was coming to visit a student that was not her daughter. At least as far as they were aware.

Together, we spent the day at the Hog's Head discussing random things. Mostly, what I would like my dress to look like for the ball.

Honestly, I had so many ideas about what I wanted to wear. Yet whenever I tried to draw them out or describe them, they didn't just come out the way they should. I was so disappointed. I wanted something that stood out, that wouldn't be like what any of the other girls would be wearing. I wanted something that showed my loyalty to Slytherin house while still showing the real me.

So, after spending a majority of our time together at the Hog's Head we even made a pit stop at Gladrags Wizardwear. It was a nice little shop that had plenty of cute dresses that any girl would love to wear- but nothing that stood out to me.

Let's just say that I was a bit more than disappointed when I returned to my dorm at Hogwarts empty handed.

So I lay down on the bed, and went back to trying to design a dress before tomorrow night. It was infuriating to say the least. I was still having the problem of not being able to get my ideas out on paper the way I wanted them.

By time the sun had come up in the sky the next morning, I still hadn't gone to sleep. I was still trying to come up with something. Though, I don't doubt that I probably had dozed off a few times throughout the night, but it was no where near as much sleep as I really needed.

I decided to skip out on going to the Great Hall to get anything to eat, so I could keep trying to come up with something to wear.

I thought it was actually going along pretty well, when I heard a soft knocking on the door to my room. With a groan, I crawled off of my bed and made my way over to the door. Standing on the other side of the wooden door was the familiar little first year that had delivered the package to me that had the ring in it; and in her arms was a rather large package that was wrapped in what looked like silky, black material.

"Professor Snape wanted me to bring this to you." She said quickly, holding the package out to me. I was ever so slightly to take it from her, but did so anyway. Once the item was out of her hands she was gone in the blink of an eye, walking back down the hallway to where ever she needed to be.

I felt kind of confused as I turned around and walked back into the room.

I was curious to see what would be in this package, compared to the last one that the small girl had brought me. With it in my hands, I sat down on the side of the bed before taking a deep breath and unwrapping it.

My breathing got caught in my throat as I saw the contents of the package in front of me. There was a small note on top, that I placed to the side. Inside, was a bundle of bright green fabric- it had to be the most beautiful dress that I had ever laid eyes on. I ran my hands over it for a brief moment before turning my attention back to the note. It was from Narcissa.

Lennox,

I've been saving this dress for you for a long time now, I wasn't planning on giving it to you until you finished your schooling- but you deserve it. I hope you like it, and I hope it's something like you wanted in a dress for the ball tonight.

With love,
Narcissa.


Smiling, I placed the entire package to the side before standing up. I grabbed my wand from the nightstand, and pointed it towards the dress. Ever so slowly, the green fabric rose into the air and stayed lifted up once I put my wand back down.

Looking over the dress I saw that the top would be skin tight until it reached the waist area, where the fabric became loose and billowed out around the rest of the dress. It had only one part to go around my right arm loosely. Just seeing it made me smile, because it was exactly what I wanted. It was absolutely beautiful.

I left the dress there while I went to shower and make myself ready for the ball.

I knew that it might still be pretty early in the day to actually get dressed, but I also knew that I shouldn't put it off. Time would definitely sneak up on me before I knew it.

So I took the chance to go shower now before doing anything else. When I got out of the shower, I put on a pair of running shorts and a tank top to just lounge around in and wear while I'm actually getting dressed.

I lay on my bed for about two, maybe even three, hours waiting for my hair to dry naturally.

Once my hair was dry, I went over to my dresser and sat down in front of the mirror. I pulled my now dry hair up into a pony tail so that I could do my make up without my hair getting in the way.

I covered my skin in foundation lined my eyes with thick, dark rims of black eye liner that spiked out to the sides. I put on a mix of different shades of green eye shadow to accent my dress, before putting on a light shade of red lipstick onto my lips.

Once that was done, I took the hair bow out of my hair and allowed the locks to fall down around my shoulders. I was quick to decide how I was going to wear it. Down but to the side, with curls. Picking my wand up, I put a charm on my hair so that a few bright green streaks were running through the black. Then, I curled my hair before pinning it to the side, and declaring it done.

By time I finished putting my make up on, there was an hour and a half before the Ball actually started.

Moving slowly, I went ahead and started getting my dress on. I had been right about the way that it fit my body- tight at the top until it reached the waist where the fabric became loose and flowed around me smoothly.

How had Narcissa estimated sizes to get a dress that fit me so well?

I put my feet into a pair of velvet black heels, before walking over to the dresser and putting my jewelry on. My bracelet on my wrist, and my ring on my finger of course. I could feel myself feeling ever so slightly nervous as I began trying to make sure I was ready in my head. Made sure that I had everything.

I had it all, except my wand. Which I quickly strapped to the side of my leg, just under my dress. I would be able to get to it quickly if I needed it through the slit in the leg of the dress.

Taking a deep breath, I finally made my way out of the dorm. I found Draco standing with Pansy and Blaise in the Common Room- my guess was that they were waiting for me. Though, the boys hadn't even noticed me come walking around the corner. Pansy on the other hand, did.

"Draco, look!" She gasped out, clutching onto my bother's arm. I smiled to myself as I approached the small group, just as Blaise and Draco turned around to see me. Draco's jaw seemed to drop while Blaise simply smiled and offered his hand out in my direction once I was close enough to them. I smiled before taking hold of his hand and allowing him to pull me into his side.

"How did you get such an amazing dress in such a short amount of time? It's beautiful, you look absolutely stunning in it." Pansy gushed, stepping over to me.

"Thanks, Pansy," I smiled, "It was a gift actually, I just got it this morning."

Our chatter was cut short when we realized that we needed to make our way up to the Great Hall and gather with the rest of the students. It was not difficult to realize that a majority of the other students we walked past stopped and stared as we walked past.

It was just what I wanted, this feeling. I was more than thankful that Narcissa had sent me this dress this morning, I would definitely have to make it up to her somehow.

We were ushered into the Great Hall with all the other students and teachers, while Professor Mcgonagall gathered up those competing in the Tournament and their dates- as they would be the ones to dance first. Blaise and I stayed close to Draco and Pansy as everyone started dancing together.

First it was the people competing, then joined in Dumbledore dancing with Mcgonagall. Next was the young Weasley girl and Neville Longbottom. I noticed after that came Igor Karkaroff, and a woman who I was guessing one of the Professors that had come along with him. A few more groups of students joined in as well, before Blaise took hold of my arm and dragged me out to the floor as well.

Not that I was complaining or anything.

With every turn, I could see Snape standing off to the side, watching dancers intently. Though, ever so often, there was eye contact made and I could have sworn that he smiled in my direction. I had to have been seeing things.

Severus Snape would never smile. At least not to me.

We danced around together, and I couldn't help but let a large smile take over my face. It was nice dancing with Blaise. Most of the things that I had to attend with dancing, I was always stuck dancing with Draco or even Lucius.

The soft, dance music resumed for about another hour or so before Flitwick announced a band that would be playing. All the students went absolutely crazy and crowded around the stage. I rolled my eyes and took it as a chance to slip away from Blaise and our group. "I'll be right back, I need some air." I excused myself.

I stood up from the chair I had seated myself in, before making my way out of the Great Hall. Outside, there were students trying to sneak away together, and I could still hear the loud music that was coming from inside the school. I picked up the length of my dress so that I wouldn't trip over it as I walked through the snow. I walked a good distance away from the doors of Hogwarts, before leaning my back up against a stone pillar.

Reaching back, I pulled the clip out of my hair and allowed the curls to fall down loosely around my back instead of being pinned to one side. Taking a deep breath, I leaned my head back before shutting my eyes.

I had stayed like that for only a few moments before I could hear someone approaching me. I didn't open my eyes as the sound got closer and closer with each passing second. Instead, I reached my hand down to the slit in my dress, ready to grab my wand at the moment it was needed. My fingers had just ever so slightly reached under the fabric when a voice spoke. "Miss Black, what exactly do you think you're doing out here?"

My fingers darted away from my dress, and my eyes snapped open. Standing in front of me, wand in hand, was Professor Snape.

I stood up straight, and lightly ran my hands over the fabric of the dress that covered my body. "Oh, hell Professor. I just needed to get some fresh air, it was getting too stuffy for my liking in the Great Hall." I explained simply. His eyes narrowed down ever so slightly, as his tense body seemed to relax ever so slightly.

"Well, Miss Black, it is almost curfew. You should be getting back to your dorm- I would hate to have to deduct points from Slytherin house." He said simply.

Of course the head of Slytherin house would be lenient with the students that were in his house. Right? Or would he take points from Slytherin just like he took points from the other houses and be fair?

"R-Right, thanks Professor." I nodded my head. I pushed myself away from the stone pillar, only to be pushed slightly closer to the Professor. He eyed me cautiously as I moved around, trying my hardest not to bump into him. He said absolutely nothing as I maneuvered my way around him so I could make my way back to my dorm.

As I walked away, I could feel him watching me and it sent a slight shiver down my back.

Once back inside the castle, I peaked inside the Great Hall only to see that Draco, Blaise and Pansy had already left the large, rowdy room. So, I turned away and made my way back to the Common Room, where I knew I would have better luck at finding them.

And I was right. Sitting on the couches, were the boys; but Pansy was nowhere to be found. "Hey, where did you disappear to?" Draco asked as I walked in. I smirked ever so slightly as I walked up behind the couches that they were sitting on. "I just needed some fresh air is all. Now, I think I'm going to go ahead and go to bed, it's been along night." A small yawn escaped from between my lips.

The boys didn't say anything to me as I made my way out of the room and up to my dorm. Where I quickly stripped myself of the dress I was wearing and changed into a pair of pajamas before climbing into my bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lennox's dress
Lennox's make up

I tried to make it a long one for you. I'm sorry I didn't update the past two days, but I went to my friends house and when I got back yesterday my internet was shut off. I'm sorry. I love you guys!