Slytherin Princess

Six

Things seemed to go back to normal after that. Or well, as normal as things could ever really be while here at Hogwarts.

There was nonstop gossip about what happened at the Yule Ball between the girls and their dates, and then rest of the school was once more focused on what the outcome of the Tri-Wizard Tournament was going to be. Who would win?

Especially considering that Harry Potter's name just so happened to 'magically' come out of the goblet of fire. Draco and I had a feeling that someone had put it there on purpose, made his name come out of the goblet for a certain purpose. It made me question everything about this school year. Why would someone have put his name in there, made it to where he was chosen- what did they have to gain?

There were so many questions running through my mind about the situation, but there was one thing I was absolutely sure about. Something big was going to happen this year, I just knew it.

I didn't much care what Potter did with or in his life, it was no concern of mine- but between everything happening with him and the gifts I had been receiving there was only one thing that came to my mind when I thought about what could be happening this year. It had to be something to do with Voldemort. Maybe he was back.

What if he's the 'V' that keeps sending me all the jewelry recently? Then everything that's been happening wouldn't really be all that surprising.

I woke up this morning, not really feeling on top of the world. So, I dressed myself in a pair of joggers, a sports bra with a loose top over it, a thin hoodie, and finally a pair of running shoes. Once I was dressed, I was able to successfully sneak out of my dorm, the common room, and the castle altogether.

Doing so at this hour had come quite easily to me over the years. Being able to sneak out from Hogwarts, was almost easier than sneaking out of Malfoy Manor. As long as you knew when people would be taking rounds, then it was rather easy to get past them without a hitch. Making it all the way out of the castle, made me smile- especially when I could see that the sun was still only just barely coming up over the hills. There was still at least an hour and a half before the teachers and students started waking up.

That would give me just enough time to enjoy a jog around the grounds.

I made the ten minute walk down to the quidditch pitch, and made two laps around, before deciding that I didn't have all too much longer and needed to get back to the castle.

When I got back, I was just barely able to sneak back into he Slytherin common room without being caught by Snape. It was rather exhilarating being able to sneak past as well as I did. I was proud of myself as I made my way back into my dorm and made my way into the bathroom in order to shower.

Though, that plan came to a screeching halt when an owl came flying into my dorm with a letter clutched between it's beak. I cautiously made my way over to where the owl perched itself on the framing of my bed, and took the letter from the creature.

The seal on the back made it very clear to me that it had come from my home, Malfoy Manor. The writing along the inside of the paper told me that it was from Narcissa.

My dearest Lennox,

I know I had told you that I would explain what all was going on, why you had shown up at the Manor that night when you should have been back in your dorm sleeping. I should have told you sooner, but wanted you to be able to enjoy the ball.

You know as well as I, that you were brought to us at a young age. I have done everything I can to keep you away from a darkness lurking in the world of wizards and witches, but I fear I am no longer able to do so. I cannot tell you much about the night you were brought to us, but there is someone who can.

For now, all I can tell you is that something big is about to happen. In due time, it will all be explained; but for now, please just trust me. Please, my dear, keep the ring and bracelet on whenever you can.

If you wish to know more about the night you arrived in our lives, all you need to do is ask Severus- as he is the one who brought you to us.

With love,
Your mother.


Between finding out that Severus was the one to take me to the Malfoy's, and Narcissa calling herself my mother, my heart was throbbing. The emotions I felt were a mix between shock and love. The parchment slipped out from between my fingers and floated down to the floor, as my legs carried me out of the dorm and once more out of the common room.

Professor Snape had only just past the door and upon hearing the door open, he turned around to see me standing there. "Miss Black, you're up awfully early." His voice was very monotone, without a single care.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're the one who took me to the Malfoy's. If you found me, then who are my real parents." I spoke quickly, suddenly feeling out of breath.

I could visibly see his body stiffen before he turned his back on me and walked away- heading back towards where ever it was he was going in the first place. Upon being ignored I felt enraged, and my blood began to boil. "Don't you ignore me, Severus. Tell me the truth, I deserve to know!" I shouted, following along after him.

It was when I said his name that he once more turned to face me- his robe twirling out around him as he did so. "Miss Black, if you don't mind would you please lower your voice. All will be explained to you in due time; but for now, you have classes to attend." Wit that, he turned for the last time and walked away. Leaving me still standing there in shock.

Shock and rage coursed through my body, as I turned and made my way back into the Slytherin common room- where I found Draco sitting on one of the couches with today's Daily Profit.

"Sneak out for one of your early morning runs?" He chuckled lightly, throwing the paper down to the side, "What's wrong, you look upset?" He questioned upon seeing the look on my face. He moved from where he was sitting on the couch, and took a few steps closer to me.

"Don't worry about it, baby brother, I'll tell you later."I flashed him a smile before quickly disappearing up the stairs to go to my dorm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lennox

Please don't hate me for taking so long.