Slytherin Princess

Seven

I hadn't slept since the day that I received the letter from Narcissa. In fact, I haven't slept ever since I received the letter. How could I? My mind was overloaded with questions because of the letter that she had sent to me. How did she expect me to react to all of this?

Why wouldn't Snape answer any of my questions- he had been avoiding me as much as humanly possible ever since that morning. All I wanted was answers, to know what was happening around me, to know who I am. Why would he want to keep that from me? I just don't understand anymore.

Due to my lack of sleep, I had been falling behind on my classwork and studies. It really wasn't all too good of a situation. The only perk, is that with the extra time away from class that was being given due to the tournament, it gave me a little bit of extra time to try and catch up on. At least the work that I was able to understand.

Since my mind was too clouded over to really pay attention, I had missed when my teachers explained and talked about whatever subject it was we were working on; and with how many classes I was taking it was hard to keep up with everyhing.

On Monday's my classes consisted of Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, and Double Divination. Tuesdays consisted of History of Magic and then Potions. Wednesday I get a slight break with the only class being Charms. Thursday I have Transfiguration in the morning, a slight break for free time, and late I have Double Defence Against the Dark Arts classes. Finally, on Fridays I end the week with History of Magic, Charms and Double Potions.

So, in the long run it was rather difficult to keep up with all the work I had to do.

While everyone was focused on the tournament, I focused on catching up on my school work. Draco and Blaise didn't exactly understand why I had been so distant from the group, but at this point none of that even mattered right now.

It's not like I had been avoiding hanging out with them, per say. I still went to the Great Hall for breakfast and dinner, and sat with the group same as usual. Except, I hadn't been leaning on Blaise like I used to- every time I would, I felt like someone was watching me. No, not watching, glaring. I just couldn't figure out who.

So instead of cuddling up to Blaise, and stealing food from him, I started making my own plate and would even occasionally bring a book to the table with me in order to continue studying.

Today was the day of the second task in the tournament and I, unlike Draco and the rest of our little group, had absolutely no interest in watching it take place. I refused to stand out in the cold, watching a motionless lake while four people go swimming. What's the point in it?

Draco, on the other hand, was more than willing to participate with the other students who were going down to the lake. Mostly because of the bet he and Lucious had going about how long Potter would be able to stay alive, or what place he would come in. Draco's only real interest in the entire tournament was his hope of something happening to Potter.

I blame it on him still being a bit heated over the fact that Mad Eye Moody had turned him into a ferret.

I could never see the real point behind Draco's hatred for Harry, apart from the obvious being that Harry was a half-blood. The only other thing that I could think of was our first night in first year, when Draco offered to be his friend, and Potter refused. Other than that, I honestly couldn't think of anything else that Draco could be mad at him over.

Oh, well I guess. It is what it is.

Seeing as I wasn't the only student who didn't exactly see the point in staring at the lake for an hour, Dumbledore allowed us to stay back at the castle, well more like in the Great Hall. With supervision of course- which just so happened to be none other than Professor Snape.

Probably because Snape's the only one who could actually keep his students in line, apart from Moody of course, but he was too busy focusing on helping Potter in the tournament.

So, here I am stuck with the man that had been avoiding me for almost a week and a half now.

I seemed to be the only Slytherin student that chose to stay behind in the castle, so I was left alone to my work. A majority of the students who opted to stay behind were in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. There was only a handful of Gryffindor students, as a majority opted to go cheer on the people competing.

There was a dull mumble among the students, though Snape did his best to keep everyone quiet. It was obvious that they were going to talk to one another while he was standing on the other side of the room.

The sound didn't bother me as I worked, in fact I felt quite calm. I was starting to understand the work I was doing, and therefore able to catch up on what they had already been working on. The hardest part was not letting Snape see that I hadn't finished the work for his class, nor had I turned it in.

"Miss Black." Awe shit. Slowly, I turned to look over my shoulder to see him standing directly behind me. "Hello Professor, is there something I can do for you?" I smiled up to him. He had a very blank look on his face, as he reached around and took he parchment that was sitting on the table in front of me.

"Though you may wish to continue attempting to hide the fact that you did not in fact turn in your assignments, it will not change the fact that I already know. Therefore, Miss Black, for the next week you will be serving detention with me. One night for every assignment not turned in." With that, he gave my work back before walking off- probably to go torture another student.

A loud groan escaped from my lips, as I dropped my head down onto the table a bit to harshly. "Ouch." I muttered to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

So here's another update.

I want everyone to know that I'm absolutely heart broken to hear about the passing of Alan Rickman. I woke up to it, and ever since have had marathon of any movie that he just so happened to be in. He will ALWAYS be loved and remembered.