Slytherin Princess

Eight

My first two nights of detention with Professor Snape were completely uneventful. Either he was still trying to avoid my existence, or he was simply refusing to talk to me because there were two other students sitting in detention with me.

Though, now that I think about it I think it was a mix of both.

I was on my third night of detention and had three more to go after this. I was seated in the front of the classroom, while Snape sat a few feet away behind his desk, grading papers. There were no other students in detention with us, and I honestly felt like screaming.

Among other things. I felt like slamming my head down as hard as physically possible on the table in front of me- I couldn't take all the questions that were chasing each other through my mind while I sat in a room of absolute silence. It was driving me absolutely mad.

Suddenly, it was like my body was moving without the approval of my mind. I set my quill down next to the Charms assignment I had been working on, and stood up from my seat.

"Just what is it that you think you're doing, Miss Black?" Snape didn't even have to look up from the papers that he was grading. I walked around the side of the table, before leaning back against the front of it and crossing my arms over my chest. I allowed my eyes to take in his appearance, just as I had caught myself doing many times recently.

His hair was down, as always, surrounding his face, his eyes were dark, and he had a stern look on his face. He looked the same as he always did, but somehow different at the same time. I don't know what exactly it was.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I said suddenly. His hand stopped moving, and I could see his fingers grip his quill tighter. Ever so slowly, he looked up from the papers- a piece of his hair falling away from his face in the process. "What are you talking about?" He questioned, looking up at me. The words made me a bit angry that he was trying to act like he didn't know what I was talking about.

"Don't even try it, Severus. You know exactly what I'm talking about- why didn't you tell me that you were the one who found me that night?" My voice grew louder, but not loud enough that anyone outside of the room would be able to hear. He placed his hands down flat on his desk, before pushing his self to stand up. "How do you even know about that?" He questioned with a small sigh, as his eyes fell back down to the desk in front of him.

"Because a lot of strange stuff has been happening this year, so I mentioned it to Narcissa- wanting answers. I received a letter from her a few days ago, telling me that she couldn't say much but I could get answers from you, since you were the one who brought me to Malfoy Manor that night." I never took my eyes off of him.

His eyes closed, as if he was mentally cursing himself. So, I stood in silence waiting for him to say anything else, waiting for him to explain himself.

"I didn't know what else to do. You were only two when I found you, and you were completely alone with no family. I knew that Narcissa always wanted a daughter, so I took you to her knowing that she would take care of you as if you were her own." His voice shook as he spoke. It was strange to see him acting like this. Never in my life had I seen him acting like this, or even on the verge of acting somewhat like this.

"So, what, you just took me? What about my family, my real family!" I couldn't stop myself from shouting at him. He finally looked up from his desk, and looked towards me. It was in hat moment that I saw something in his eyes, something that shocked me.

I had never seen it in his eyes before, and I wasn't sure what to call it. I think it was some kind of pained look- maybe from thinking back on these memories? I couldn't be sure, but if I had to take a guess then that's what I would say it was. "When I found you, your family, your family had been killed. I found you hiding in a closet, I didn't know what had happened; but I knew I couldn't leave you there." He shook his head ever so slightly as he looked at me.

I didn't know what to say. My mouth fell open but the words had literally been stolen from me as my mind began to race.

Not knowing what else to do, I moved back around the side of the table I had been leaning against. In a rush, I gathered my things together before racing out of his classroom and running back to my dorm.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the truth begins to come out. We're getting closer and closer to the end of Goblet of Fire, and I'm honestly excited to start on the rest of the series. Though, I know I will only be doing a few chapters based on Order of the Pheonix, as there wasn't much that happened there that I can write about.

I love you guys.