Status: If you like One Direction or twisted romance,read this.

Human

Five

I had always been shy. Pia always did most of the talking. I was ok with being hidden.

Zayn winked at me as I caught up to him and Pia. I shook my head but allowed a small smile to play on my lips.

"He's cute" Zayn laughed as I stepped up next to him. Pia grinned.

"Yeah but no." I said. I silently prayed that he would drop the situation.

"Come on, you need someone." Pia begged.

"I don't need anyone." I remarked. I did though, I needed the safety that Zayn brought to Pia.

"Ev stop being stubborn." I scoffed.

"Shouldn't you be rehearsing?" I crossed my arms over my petite frame. Pia groaned.

"Bye." She snapped, turning on her heel. I looked at Zayn.

"I'm getting drinks." Zayn announced. I watched him oeave and I pressed my back against the wall and pinched my eyes shut.

"Talk much?" I heard the voice that made me loose mine. I slowly opened my eyes.

"I'm a social casualty." I whispered, fighting to find my voice.

"I don't believe in social casualties." He said quickly. I flushed.

"You should." Harry leaned up against the wall next to me.

"Theres no such thing." He whispered. I didn't understand why he insisted to keep talking to me. I ganced over at him.

"Well you just met me." I pushed mysef off the wall. I took a step forward, scanning the crowd for Zayn.

"You should let me get to know you." He followed me. No one had ever taken such an interest in before. I didnt know how to respond.

"You don't want to know me." I argued.

"Oh, but I do." My cheeks darkened and I stopped.

"How old are you?" Men had aways taunted me, harrassing me and insisting that I lay them. I was weak. I could never defend myself.

"21." He said almost reluctantly. I nodded. He was too good to be true.

"Bye." I had to guard myself. I didn't want to giv my heart away only to have it thrown back at me.

"No, wait." Harry grabbed my arm I yanked it away quickly, thoughts flashing through my mind. I was suddenly worried that he would beat me, like Louis and my father.

"I'll see at dinner." I dismissed myself and found Zayn at the bar. I climbed up on a stool and dropped my head in my palms and let out a breath I didn't remember I was holding.

"You ok?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah." I was tired and I wanted to go to sleep.

"The rehearsal is almost over so dinner should be shortly." Zayn said with a thck british accent. I liked listening to his voice. It calmed me. I noticed Liam had a british accent too. I enjoyed his voice despite the cruelty behind it.

I looked over at Harry, sitting in a chair by the window. I scanned his features, making my heart race quicken. I wanted to paint him, looking so peaceful. My fingers itched for my drawing pad and brushes.

I tried to decide what color would match the shirt he was wearing. A dark, rich purple and the tight black jeans. I decided that a moss green would work for his eyes, highlighting the vibrant colors.

"Ev?" Zayns voice broke through my train of thoughts. I flitted my eyes over to him.

"Dinner time." I cast one last look over at Harry. He was gone. I scanned the crowd quickly but I couldn't seek him out.

I fought the urgent disappointment in my chest and followed Zayn to a table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Sorry its short):

xoxoxo all the love,
Caydance