Sequel: Secrets 2: SuperTeen
Status: All chapters have been re-edited and completed. I'm sorry for any inconveniences.

Secrets

Chapter 6

"We shall have a feast in honor of your return but first you must tell me everything. I want to know what you went through with those horrible people" her mother said.

"They are not all bad mother. I lived quite well actually, there was never a reason to doubt them until now"Malia explained."And I don't want a feast, there are going to be a lot of people there who I barely know or might have known but not anymore. Right now all I want is answers".

Her mother touched her cheek fondly. "You're just like your father Matilda"

"Malia. Please mother, I absolutely despise that name"

"You want to bear the name your kidnappers gave you?" her mother asked.

"I do not remember much, but all I know is that they never gave me that name. It was in a dream, or a trance. I was near a cave at the back of a waterfall and a girl came to me. She was beautiful. She had golden hair, a long white dress and the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen. I had just saved a canary's life from a fox, so she called me Maliha which means strong and beautiful. Then I woke up in the kidnappers home" Malia explained "Does that make me sound crazy?"

"No." her mother smiled "It truly is a beautiful name"

They were in the study. Her grandfather sat at a single couch, while Malia and her mother sat together on another.At the middle, was a small table with desert on it.

******
"...your father was a good man. One day, something was disturbing the kingdom. We never saw what it was, only that it lived in the forest, made a lot of noise and was huge because of the sound of its footsteps when it was walking and crushing trees. I begged him not to go but your father..." her mother smiled sadly. "...he was never one to back down from a fight. So, he and a few other brave men went into the forest. No one knows what really happened, except that the noise stopped and the men returned back to their homes uninjured. Not even a bruise".

"But father didn't"

"No, he didn't. The men said he went into the cave alone and ordered them to wait outside and keep watch until he called them. But he didnt, so, they went looking for him. One of them said he saw your father fusing together with a phoenix, then they disappeared and the beast was never to be seen again".

Malia held her mother's hand and let her grieve in silence.

"When did this happen?" she asked.

"Around the same time you were taken away from us. I lost a husband and a child on the same day" her mother said, then she looked at Malia. "But now, you're back and I don't plan on losing you again. I don't think I'll be able to take it if anything should happen to you".

"You won't lose me mother. I'm here to stay".

"Oh I do hope so"

"What does that mean?"

"Shall I send word to the king? There's a feast at the palace tonight and we're expected to be there" her grandfather interrupted ."including you Malia"

*****
Word was sent to the king that James and Emma's daughter was alive and he sent back a message that he hoped she would accompany them to the feast.

Malia was shown around the house. She was taken to her room where there was a bath waiting for her.

"According to what I heard, you only had a proper bath when you were unconscious" her mother said.

"I did?"

"Did you get a bath at the place you went to after we brought you here?"

"N...no"

"Take off your clothes and get in. I'll was you up myself. No protests" Emma quickly added when Malia opened her mouth to protest.

The water was warm and there were petals of different kinds of flowers on it. Malia got in and relaxed in the warm water while her mother began to scrub her skin.

After her bath, she was given a red dress to wear.

"Try it on so that we can make adjustments before the feast this evening" her mother told her while giving her the dress.

*****
The carriage stopped in front of the huge castle. There were other carriages everywhere. The door opened and they got down from the carriage.

Malia wore a bright red dress with matching shoes. Her dark hair was curled and combed to one side of her shoulder leaving the right side of her neck exposed. She wore a bright red lipstick. She looked gorgeous.

They walked inside the castle and entered the hall. Malia was led towards the king by her grandfather and her mother. He was talking to two noble men but when he saw them, he excused himself and turned towards them with open arms.

"Roderick It's so good to see you" King Angus William exclaimed in delight.

"It's good to see you too your highness" her grandfather said and bowed along with her mother leaving Malia standing in the middle.

"Bow" Emma whispered to her and she slowly obeyed.

"Get up child. I want to see your face"

She obeyed and they all stood up.

"My, you've grown into such a wonderful woman. Your family must be proud" the king smiled and hugged her while she stood there startled.

He broke the hug and two men came to stand by his side. One was blonde and the other had dark hair.

Like in her flashback.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry but I forgot that I could only upload photos of myself in my profile. If I get enough requests I could use the picture as my avatar for a week.