The Black Parade: Story of a Girl

The Funeral

Reba's POV:

"I can't believe she's gone." I whisper to Frank as Gerard's Mom finishes her speech.

"Me neither. She was a grandma to all of us." He whispered back. And as Mrs. Way took one step closer to her passed mother, Gerard gripped my hand.

" Go up there with him, he needs you." Mikey says into my ear since its time for Gerard to say goodbye to Elena.

"But, Mikes, your his brother I'm just his friend." I state. But I follow Gee up to the coffin. Tears start to pour from both of our eyes as Gerard starts to speak and grabs for my hand. "Grandma, I swear to you to I'll keep everthing right, like you told me to. And I won't be afraid to keep on living." He says and looks to me to say my words.

"Helena?" I say as I choke back the tears. "You were the grandmother I never had, and I thank you for that. I'll miss you." I say.

Back at the Way's:

"Thank you for helping Gerard though this Reba, by the way where is he?" He's mother asked.

"I was on my way to his room with some food, he kinda wants to be alone, right now." I say and she nods. I head to the basement, which is more the band room then Gerard's these days, with a tour here and there. Can you believe in a couple of weeks their going to California to record a major label cd?? But they give all the thanks to Elena. She bought them their first van to tour in and all.

Knock, Knock. "Gerard?".........
"Come in." He says after a bit.I sit the food down and sit in front of him.
"Gee what's up? You know you can talk to me. I know your hurting we all are." I say , trying to get his attention but he won't look at me. Meaning something more is up. "Gee?"

"What?" He says seeming annoyed.

"Show me your arms." I say beginning to worry myself. We all know Gee has depression. I have it too, that's why I'm so worried.

"Why?" He asked crossing his arms.
"Now. Gerard Authur Way." I state.
"Fine." He says and sticks them out.

I roll his sleeves up afraid of what I might find.