The Black Parade: Story of a Girl

Tears In Newark pt.2

Recap: Tears began to flow from my eyes, I flew to Gerard's arms and I buried my head in his chest. He too was soon crying. Damn, should we really do this?

Gerard's POV

I held Reba in my arms as her tears soften slowly. I guess no matter how many years past, the pain is still there no matter how we try to mask it. I hear Reba start to hum something as she left my arms and kneeled down to the grave.

"Reba what are you humming?" I asked quitely as she simply stared at the stone with vacent eyes. She didn't anwser right away. She looked up away from the stone, silently searching the vacent cemetary.

"Helena" She breathed out a minute or so later after letting the silence take over. Then preceeded to let it do so again. So I stood there and watched my best friend and my wife to be silently talk to my dearly departed grandmother. It was simply Reba's way of doing things, I knew this.

Reba's POV

I sat there not saying a word aloud. But I knew Helena could hear me. So I told her. I told her everything that had happened, was going to happen. From Gerard writing a song about her to us getting married. She would be so happy about that. And all those thought brought fresh tears to my eyes. But as I felt so alone, there was a strong pair of hands there on my shoulders, Squezzing asurringly, and lovingly.

We left the cemetary soon after. Knowing Elena was looking after us. But unlike that first time we left we left that cemetary we left with smiling faces.