The Black Parade: Story of a Girl

When Everything Feels Like The Movies

Narrator’s POV

There is was said and done. A bunch of pre-printed words on a marriage certificate. And then two clean and clear lines for two names to go on. One that says the same, and one that changes after she signs.

Reba looked up to the justice of the peace as he repeated the vows he just spoke to Gerard, to her. She said “I do”, just as she did two weeks ago and she turned towards the door, half expecting James to walk through it, knowing there’s was a slim chance that he could, since the police still hadn’t found him yet. But a few seconds later Reba smiled at herself knowing that she was just being silly bent down to sign her name, on a line just across from Gerard’s.

****************************************************************************************************

“Finally.” Reba said as she sat down in a chair. She hadn’t got a chance to sit down the whole time since her and Gerard had gotten out of the car from getting back from downtown. They were currently at their ‘reception’. If you could call it that. Hardly anyone from the wedding was there. But nonetheless Gerard and Reba were glad for the ones who could make it once they heard they weren’t married.

“May I have this dance, Mrs. Way?” Gerard asked coming up to the table, extending his hand towards her. A smile curved over her lips, almost matching the smirk on his.

“Why of course you may, Mr. Way.” She said taking his hand as he led her around the table and out on to the dancing floor. Not that many other people were dancing, just Mikey and Alicia, Bob was dancing with one of Reba’s friend Sarah ( they had met at the rehearsel), Ray and his girlfriend, and Frankie was dancing with another of Reba’s best friends, Mares. They had also met at the rehearsel, and as Reba looked at them now, they were very, very close.

“They all look very happy.” She commented, leaning againest Gerard’s cheast.

“Yeah,” He said looking up and resting his head briefly on hers. “They do. Are you happy, Re?”

“Yep, and I think that’s what scares me the most.”

“Why?”

“Come on we’ve seen the same horror movies. Jus when everything seems perfect and the main characters are laughing having a blast, the pyscho comes and kills them."

“It won’t be like that. We’re married now, and what were our vows? ‘For better, for worse?’ I’ll never let him hurt you. I promise.”

“Pinky promise?” She said lifting her hand and extending her pinky finger, smiling now.

“Pinky promise.” Gerard said smiling,lifting his own hand and locking his pinky with hers. They shared a laugh and then as if drawn together they kissed.

Now the camera is pulling away on the scene. Slowly drifting up backward towards the ceiling. As you see Gerard and Reba dance in the middle of the simicrowded floor. And if you glance over to the left, you’ll see just how well Mares and Frank are getting along. The same with Sarah and Bob to the bottom right. And then just as it seems the camera is about to hit the very top of the ceiling you hear start to hear ‘IRIS’ by the Goo Goo Dolls (Which I recommend you go open up another window and find it on www.projectplaylist.com)

And then it fades to black. And you sit there listening to this beautiful song, and remembering all that you just witnessed. A glimse, a glimer of someone’s life. And then the credits start to roll. But all you see is your name on the screen, because all the credit goes to you.

I want to thank all of my dedicated readers, all of my friends, that last bit was for you. I hope you really did listen to ‘Iris’. I cried while writing this chapter. I spent 10 months on this story. I feel as if I’m letting something big go right now. This was my very first story on mibba, and you never know, they might be a sequel to this movie….XOXO reba rotten